Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 08:52 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
No, if you do some quick google searches (I'm not going to do the work for you) you will see the exact same thing to people that commented in such a way about Bush. The man was pulled over and visited, he wasn't arrested, it ended there. Why is this any different than someone making a sly comment about terrorism getting a visit by police? Now THAT does happen all the time.
Also where is the "death" in the threat?????
We had a can helen not tuna one I see this bumper sticker falling in that catagory!
This is much different than a terrorist threat and I am sorry you can not see that.

police pulled him over and the police called the SS to report the civilian. Abuse of power!

I would think a impeach bush....torture Cheney is much more of a threat that a abort obama....

The law requires that someone
“knowingly and willfully” make a threat “to inflict bodily harm” on the president.

In general, the law has been interpreted by legal scholars to require that the threat be credible, that is, that the person making the threat at some level intended to carry out the threat or had the ability or predisposition to carry it out.

Arrests of individuals who have allegedly made threats against the president’s life are not uncommon, however, and generally involve people who are just plain angry, but who do not seem to be making credible threats.

Hyde Park » Threat against Bush was stupid, but was it also illegal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Abuse of power by whom, Miborn?
Can I answer that too? I'd have to say the local police abused their power.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Can I answer that too? I'd have to say the local police abused their power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies