Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:55 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I agree with you 100% Leaana. Send Eeee22895 all of the millions of unwanted babies. If the babies were wanted they would not have been aborted.

My Mom had 7 kids and 3 miscarriages, one was twins. My stepdad was a deadbeat who drank every cent that came into the house. They were both catholic and she was taught that abortions, birth control and abstinence were sins that would send her to h e l l or purgatory at least. My mom could barely feed her first two and she kept having one kid after another. It was very difficult for her to keep us clothed and fed and believe me, it was not fun growing up poor in a big family. There were times we barely had enough to eat and we grew up in hand me downs. We were also teased by the other kids in school for wearing patched clothing. If my Mom had only had 2 or 3 children, they would have at least had decent clothes to wear, a steady roof over their heads and regular meals. My older sister has a sister in law that was on welfare, did drugs and kept having one kid after another. The courts gave her an option, prison or tubal ligation. She opted for the tubal ligation and ended up giving her kids to two of her sisters. Go figure.
OK, so which of your siblings do you wish had been aborted?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
What????????????????

No one forces a woman to get pregnant? What planet do you live on?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I've said it before and it bears repeating................

Ask me again when rape has been made a capital crime, or when men can be forced to become pregnant, carry a child for nine months, give birth, and then assess the changes their bodies have gone through as a result. Then ask me about abortion.

Trying owning a uterus. Then maybe you'll be entitled to an opinion about what I do with mine.

And kudos to the men who have actually thought about the issue with something other than their genitals and their testosterone, and posted intelligent, thoughtful replies.
It's amazing to me how women somehow think this issue is all about them. Sorry, girls. You're secondary. The one facing the most severe consequences is our concern, and it isn't you. It's time for selfish women wanting abortions to get over themselves. It's not about you.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
" Personally I would never choose to rape, but who the hell am I to deny another man his right to make that choice?"

Who are you quoting?
I'm substituting a few words in Austin's post to show how ridiculous the concept of "giving others permission to abort" is.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Oh, go away and stop pretending to be human.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
What????????????????

No one forces a woman to get pregnant? What planet do you live on?
If you have power to determine if someone lives or dies, then you have the power to close your legs. Ah but that would call for personal responsibility. Me. Me. Me.

200 posts. That's a nice round number. A lot of good was done today.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
we kill in war millions of men, women and children just as an unfortunate consequence. we euthanize animals.

what makes you think humans are out of the equation and so above other life?

i suppose a life of misery is better than being dead to you. it seems, you are not so humane as you think
Joseph is happy with his new family. He's my nephew who was put up for adoption by my younger sister. He's 15 now. She interviewed two couples and asked both couples the same questions. One question was, "If the child is imperfect, will you still want him/her"? The first couple said no and the second couple said yes. Obviously she granted the adoption to the second couple. When the time came for the delivery, my mother met the adopting couple. Happens they were a couple from my mother's Lutheran Church. Small world? No, Jesus, this amazing Savior that I serve arranged his adoption behind the scenes. But that shouldn't be a surprise, he's in the adoption business. My mother got to see her adopted grandson grow up. Adoption is always an option and the best one for a mother who cannot care for a child.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I'm substituting a few words in Austin's post to show how ridiculous the concept of "giving others permission to abort" is.
Ahhhh, bait, bait, bait.

You just can't get over me, can you? sorry about the dead rosebuds full of thorns.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:41 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
If you have power to determine if someone lives or dies, then you have the power to close your legs. Ah but that would call for personal responsibility. Me. Me. Me.

200 posts. That's a nice round number. A lot of good was done today.
Obviously you do not know the meaning of the word "good."

Still looking at those statistics, aren't you? 200 posts. Does that make you feel happy? Who needs "validation" and attention on a message board........keeping such close track of your stats to prove to yourself that you exist maybe?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Joseph is happy with his new family. He's my nephew who was put up for adoption by my younger sister. He's 15 now. She interviewed two couples and asked both couples the same questions. One question was, "If the child is imperfect, will you still want him/her"? The first couple said no and the second couple said yes. Obviously she granted the adoption to the second couple. When the time came for the delivery, my mother met the adopting couple. Happens they were a couple from my mother's Lutheran Church. Small world? No, Jesus, this amazing Savior that I serve arranged his adoption behind the scenes. But that shouldn't be a surprise, he's in the adoption business. My mother got to see her adopted grandson grow up. Adoption is always an option and the best one for a mother who cannot care for a child.
Hundreds of thousands of children that can't get adopted in the U.S. alone.

Your little Mexican buddy Jesus isn't doing very well.

Quote:
I never reported you nor anyone else. While I do like spicy debate, I don't take any of it personally. My interest is in the issues.

The problem with your posts has been you want to talk about something else other than the topic which is the fact of what abortion really is, which is mass killing, and this is something the left has pretended for all these years wasn't the case.

You are wanting me to come up with all these remedies and solutions. Well, as I said, the biggest thing I can do is shine light on what abortion really is. It's not this impersonal sterilized clinical procedure. It's the gruesome wanton destruction and dismemberment of a human being which would have likely blossomed into a wonderful adult human being. My goal is to change hearts and minds. But you can't do that with bland statements; you force people to confront their old thinking and you get them emotionally involved.

Now you and others say I've made you want to go out and preach the goodness and virtue of abortion to the rooftops. But I think in reality, you'll go to bed and think :

"Hmmm. Is it possible I've been sold a bill of goods by people who do NOT love nor care about human beings?

"Do I really think chopping up my baby is not abhorrent, or have I tried to somehow rationalize it as OK for all these years?

"How could I have thought the baby I was carrying was not human? I could see it's little moving finger and toes in the ultrasound like everybody else?" "

"Maybe that little person would have become this beautiful wonderful girl or boy. How on earth could I have ever thought otherwise?"

Ya know what, Eeeee? No. You're wrong. When I told you that you solidified my stance that abortion is important in much the way protecting the right of a government to wage war is important, I meant it.

I wouldn't ever think that a little person might have become a beautiful boy or girl if my deepest heart and intuition told me that it was not time to bring life into the world. Life doesn't just "happen" in world. Just as my dog came into my life at the beginning of a very challenging period and recently left at the end of it, I knew her soul came to me to support me through that time. It was her time to be here. Human birth needs to be just as sacred, not churned out everytime a sperm finds an egg.

Many young people have marched off to war throughout human history for reasons both profound (i.e. WWII) and reasons absurd (i.e. Iraq). They willfully made a choice to sacrifice their lives and perhaps take the lives of others in a battle that could really only happen in a primitive society that still solves its problems by fighting (like children do). A more advanced society would never ask that of its young just like it would never put a young woman in the position of having to choose carrying a baby to term or not.

It's horrible to say, yet we accept death all the time. Over 40,000 people a YEAR die in automobile accidents in the U.S. alone, yet I have not see a thread from you advocating investments in mass transit to protect innocenet lives from being mutilated in horrific car accidents that sever limbs and crush skulls and murder babies.

We're not evolved enough to simply end abortion by signing it away in law - no matter how grotesque they are or how horrific or painful they are for the aborted or the abortee. That's why I ask you to come up with solutions beyond just saying it's wrong. This issue is more than a science experiment.

I've already put my solution on this forum - we structure our families wrong. The nuclear family structure doesn't serve a society of our advancing state of development. Elders (60+) should live their lives for themselves when they're young and then raise children birthed by the young, verile, and horny. Abortion rates would plummet.

What's your solution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies