Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:26 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times

Advertisements

Obama has turned out to be everything I had hoped for!

I would vote for him again in a heartbeat!

People who keep wanting to blame Obama for the current state of the economy need to look at how extremely bad it was when Bush left.

Obama inherited this mess.... he didn't cause it!

And one month in office is certainly not enough time for Obama to make any significant improvements to the economy.

Obama has repeated over and over, since day one in office, that it would likely take months to see any improvement.

He has also stated that the economy would likely get worse before it gets better.

But Republicans seem to cover their ears whenever Obama says this, and then they go on the attack every time the stock market drops.

And to the OP who thinks Obama didn't win by a landslide ... take a look at the final Electoral counts between Obama and McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:49 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
McCain never set anybody on fire but, yeah, he'd probably win narrowly over Obama at this point. But anybody with real economic experience would beat Obama easily. You figure that even if alot of people would still not vote for a republican, they'd just stay home.
"You're doing a heck of a job on the economy, Geithney."

Old 03-04-2009, 06:25 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
So you think McCain would have won if he had picked someone like Romney as his VP? Haha. You are clueless. Palin was the ONLY person who brought excitement to the ticket. Check out the rallies. You, Im assuming you are a liberal, probably can't see why people were excited about her. Im the exact same way about Obama. I don't see it.

You probably aren't the best judge of the Republican ticket. McCain was the problem. Had you said 4 months before the primaries that McCain would be the nominee you would have been laughed at.
Actually, I'm saying they were both the problem. I consider myself neither liberal nor conservative. I consider myself a normal pissed off American wondering how all those retards have been chosen to represent 306million people. That simple.

McCain is an idiot, btw. If you cannot see it then you probably are as well. Obama was so electable because people could understand him. He was able to articulate himself well and show some freaking vision.

McCain was a cassette tape on repeat.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama has turned out to be everything I had hoped for!

I would vote for him again in a heartbeat!

People who keep wanting to blame Obama for the current state of the economy need to look at how extremely bad it was when Bush left.

Obama inherited this mess.... he didn't cause it!

And one month in office is certainly not enough time for Obama to make any significant improvements to the economy.

Obama has repeated over and over, since day one in office, that it would likely take months to see any improvement.

He has also stated that the economy would likely get worse before it gets better.

But Republicans seem to cover their ears whenever Obama says this, and then they go on the attack every time the stock market drops.

And to the OP who thinks Obama didn't win by a landslide ... take a look at the final Electoral counts between Obama and McCain.
^^^^Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the perfect example of a delusional liberal here as well^^^^ See, both sides have some issues...

Old 03-04-2009, 06:28 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Lightbulb If the elections were held today, would Obama still win?

Overwhelmingly. Events since the election have turned strongly against the GOP. The public is now awake and aware of the way Bush/Cheney scammed us, over and over. Obama's large margin of victory would now be an electoral tsunami. And several close GOP senate seats would now be Democratic.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The collapse was inevitable but happened a bit sooner than the GOP expected because some of the masters of the Universe that created the situation bailed out while the getting was good. That started happening in Fall 2007 and really accelerated in early 2008. Just about one year too soon.

If the election was held on March 7th of this year and the Republicans under Bush were clearly responsible for this market meltdown, I believe Obama would be elected by a landslide.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:03 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
If the elections were held today, would Obama still win?

YES.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:06 AM

63 posts, read 86,781 times
Yeah everyone knows Palin is the biggest joke on the planet. She IS the reason why Obama won.

She should be ashamed and embarrassed or making a total fool of herself and costing McCain the election.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:02 AM

Palin alone cost McCain the election??. I think his stuttering and on stage seizers cost him a good chunk of the election...

from:http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lubz.com/blog/

I would vote for his hot daughter though!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:20 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
So you think McCain would have won if he had picked someone like Romney as his VP? Haha. You are clueless. Palin was the ONLY person who brought excitement to the ticket. Check out the rallies. You, Im assuming you are a liberal, probably can't see why people were excited about her. Im the exact same way about Obama. I don't see it.

You probably aren't the best judge of the Republican ticket. McCain was the problem. Had you said 4 months before the primaries that McCain would be the nominee you would have been laughed at.
The problem is, while McCain was not really acceptable to the BASE, Palin was definitely not acceptable to the MIDDLE. Bringing Palin on board solidified the base but turned off the swing voters (and even some Republicans - I know several long-standing GOP members who voted for Obama and in EVERY case the reason was Palin).

It's hard to really judge if she was plus or a minus to the ticket. It can be argued either way.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies