Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:49 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Actually thanks for that... just read that a few times and think... What the hell is he talking about? Why were people so enthralled by the most open ended political commitment of all time? Oh wait I think I figured it out... Obama used a very simple tactic, he simply left "there", the end of the "road" and the summit of the "climb" wholly up to the imagination of his worshippers. I guarantee you he himself has no clue what he meant, after all it was just a ploy.
He meant it wouldn't be easy..How hard is that? He chose to phrase it eloquently. I know wingnuts aren't accustomed to well versed speakers but you'll get used to it. Give it time. If you want to hear a ridiculous speech, see Bobby Jingals for that or rewind the last 8 years of President Marblemouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
He meant it wouldn't be easy..How hard is that? He chose to phrase it eloquently. I know wingnuts aren't accustomed to well versed speakers but you'll get used to it. Give it time. If you want to hear a ridiculous speech, see Bobby Jingals for that or rewind the last 8 years of President Marblemouth.
"Meant it"?? That is my precise question... what exactly is "IT"? Now I will sit back and wait for your personal description of what "it" is.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Default been hearing this 4 awhile now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He is working on it as hard as he can. Remember it took Bush 8 years to get us into this crap and it will take him some time to get us out of it. But I am confident that he will.
and the time is rapidly approaching when it will no longer buy time.

tick tock tick tock.....

the pretty ballerina will probably cococt another ruse for next week and beyond. the great swindle should continue until spring... or April 15th.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:00 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh, goodie, more End of Times® biblical gobbledee goop.
What's that address again?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:01 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx08 View Post
When is the Messiah Obama going to save us?
I thought his name was Barack Obama?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
"Meant it"?? That is my precise question... what exactly is "IT"? Now I will sit back and wait for your personal description of what "it" is.
Digging ourself out of an illigitimate war, a financial crisis, no energy plan, failing health care, a toture policy, no diplomacy etc, etc. or in short the Bush years. Most of us knew what "it" was. Actually, read the entire transcript because he goes into "it" in detail.

You should be embarassed for pretending like you don't get it. It's pathetic.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:06 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Obama actually said, "The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America - I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you - we as a people will get there."
Quote:
Actually thanks for that... just read that a few times and think... What the hell is he talking about? Why were people so enthralled by the most open ended political commitment of all time? Oh wait I think I figured it out... Obama used a very simple tactic, he simply left "there", the end of the "road" and the summit of the "climb" wholly up to the imagination of his worshippers. I guarantee you he himself has no clue what that meant, after all it was just a ploy so why would he?
If I'm not mistaken, that paragraph I quoted above pays tribute to Martin Luther King's last speech.

"And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people will get to the promised land." - MLK

In his speech in Germany over the summer, Obama referenced Reagan's "tear down this wall" speech.

I'm sure there are many examples of things like that in his speeches- he apparently spent a lot of time studying famous speeches.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:09 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx08 View Post
When is the Messiah Obama going to save us?
You are the guys that pull a Messiah out of your hat every 2 weeks.
- Sarah Palin
- Joe the Plumber
- Puyish "Bobby" Jindal
- Michael Steel
- Rush Limbaugh

Every 2 weeks the same BS,
50 republicans clapping and cheering like some high school cheerleaders trying to make people think that you are happy, proud and excited that you found "Your true Messiah"

Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
You are the guys that pull a Messiah out of your hat every 2 weeks.
- Sarah Palin
- Joe the Plumber
- Puyish "Bobby" Jindal
- Michael Steel
- Rush Limbaugh

Every 2 weeks the same BS,
50 republicans clapping and cheering like some high school cheerleaders trying to make people think that you are happy, proud and excited that you found "Your true Messiah"

Old 03-05-2009, 09:11 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
and the time is rapidly approaching when it will no longer buy time.

tick tock tick tock.....

the pretty ballerina will probably cococt another ruse for next week and beyond. the great swindle should continue until spring... or April 15th.
Here's why you can't be taken seriously: because President Obama only took office on January 20--only a month and a half ago. To even suggest that he's running out of time is completely ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies