Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I yet have to figure out if Americans who think like you are mentally ill, stupid or just full of so much hate they can't see beyond their ideology.

Pre paid cell phones with cameras at Walmart.

Walmart.com: Electronics: Prepaid Cell Phones: Verizon Wireless Phones
What is more important the cell phone that has to be paid for...or food....I guess he needs to wait for the phone call to get the job....just as the homeless guy who was caught by TMZ driving "home" in a taxi after begging for money the whole day...He stated him self.."so now I'm going home!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:44 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What is more important the cell phone that has to be paid for...or food....I guess he needs to wait for the phone call to get the job....just as the homeless guy who was caught by TMZ driving "home" in a taxi after begging for money the whole day...He stated him self.."so now I'm going home!"

Give a guy a break, you gotta have game on the streets. Any respectable crack head knows you gets your food free from the sou kitchen so you can spend the $10 you have on a rock.

As for they guy TMZ caught, he's the reason why I offer to buy them food instead of just throwing them money.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:44 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,135 times
Quote:
You really put a lot of energy into obsessing about insignificant things in your life, don't you? Today it's a homeless person w/a cellphone, what will it be tomorrow? A cab driver w/a tv? A bus driver w/a toyota corolla? A homeless guy w/a flask of brandy? Oh it's so funny reading your posts.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:45 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,187 times
Funny how conservatives are saying "photo op". I guess it was real genuine on the part of our last first family to NEVER BE SEEN AROUND COMMON FOLK. Well, unless you're reading an upside down children's book. That's a photo op!

Bush Reads a Book Upside Down - Funny Bush Picture

Old 03-06-2009, 08:48 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Raggy Dee Ann wrote;

Not me! I'd shave my head, put on blue jeans, force my way to the front of the line, then LIE about being a plumber, LIE about being "about to buy a business for $250K (which money I don't have), then wait for the idiotic media to line up to interview me. Then I'd parlay that into a book deal (said book to be written in crayon for its intended audience) and a speaking gig at CPAC.

Then when people accuse me of "staging" the whole thing I know that Jadex, alaskapat, kootr and others will blindly defend me without knowing any of the facts!

golfgod

Old 03-06-2009, 08:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Why does it bother you so much and it doesn't bother you one little bit that the bloated wealthy are ripping you off for BILLIONS???

Your hatred for the poor is so "CHRISTIAN"! You ARE one , aren't you???
Or is your new god you worship the uber-wealthy, who you fear and won't criticize????

Old 03-06-2009, 08:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Raggy Dee Ann wrote;

Not me! I'd shave my head, put on blue jeans, force my way to the front of the line, then LIE about being a plumber, LIE about being "about to buy a business for $250K (which money I don't have), then wait for the idiotic media to line up to interview me. Then I'd parlay that into a book deal (said book to be written in crayon for its intended audience) and a speaking gig at CPAC.

Then when people accuse me of "staging" the whole thing I know that Jadex, alaskapat, kootr and others will blindly defend me without knowing any of the facts!

golfgod

Ooops, messed up my rep for you but love the post....good shot across the bow....but those whose life is ruled by hatred for the poor won't get it.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:59 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,659,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
OH pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee. Pay as you go phone don't take pictures. Another staged event.
Yes, they do.

TRACFONE Nationwide Prepaid Wireless - PHONES

Old 03-06-2009, 09:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Michelle Obama serves food to D.C. poor and homeless, but... | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times.

First Lady Michelle Obama showed up Thursday as a surprise and welcome volunteer at Miriam's Kitchen, a soup kitchen for homeless poor people not far from the White House.

She brought with her some food donated by White House staff.
---------------------------------------------------------
Both of these news photos were widely distributed across the country and even around the world.

It doesn't detract from the first lady's generous gesture or the real needs she seeks to highlight to ask two bothersome journalistic questions about these news photos:

If this unidentified meal recipient is too poor to buy his own food, how does he afford a cellphone?

And if he is homeless, where do they send the cellphone bills?

read the entire article by clicking on the link.......
For God's sake.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:04 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why does it bother you so much and it doesn't bother you one little bit that the bloated wealthy are ripping you off for BILLIONS???

Your hatred for the poor is so "CHRISTIAN"! You ARE one , aren't you???
Or is your new god you worship the uber-wealthy, who you fear and won't criticize????
I'm not a Christian...but this isn't the forum to discuss my faith or yours...

I don't agree with the wealthy stealing from the poor, but I see around me how many people have been lying and basically stealing from all of us by not paying their mortgage and asking to be bailed out...

Most jobs are provided by people who have more than others and are willing to take a risk and I have way more respect for them than for a person asking for a hand out!

By the way I do the same as a previous poster...I don't give money to the homeless but give them either a pizza, a hamburger or something else to eat so they really can't spent it on other things than having a meal in their belly and keep their heads clear so they can focus on getting a job instead of spending it on the wrong things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies