Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

From a recent email I received:
All my liberal friends were right!

I have to admit it. My liberal friends were right.
They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan.

They told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse and sure enough unemployment is approaching 8.8% (over 10% where I live) and the new stimulus packages implemented recently have sent the stock market lower than at any time since 9-11.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of bribery and tax fraud.

Well I ignored my Democrat friends in November and voted for McCain. And they were right... all of their predictions have come true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 01:24 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
lol

Old 03-12-2009, 01:24 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Well said and very true.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
High Plains, I fail to see anything there that hasn't happened and it must be all because I didn't vote for Obama.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:38 PM

194 posts, read 325,805 times
Default Did they also tell you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

Faith in our President is higher. The economic downfall happened before he took office. The bailout funds were flying out the door with "CEO bonus" written all over them.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan.

Yes, more will be deployed to Afghanistan but troops are being pulled out of Iraq and the USA will no longer torture people!

They told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse and sure enough unemployment is approaching 8.8% (over 10% where I live) and the new stimulus packages implemented recently have sent the stock market lower than at any time since 9-11.

The hemorrhaging of the economy and bailout funds by CEO's played a large part in that . Obama is demanding they CEO's stop running around filling their pockets! Did Bush?

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of bribery and tax fraud.
But one of the reason you are going to see more crooks is that Obama is putting in transparency we have never known into our goverment- and directly linked to the White House.

Well I ignored my Democrat friends in November and voted for McCain. And they were right... all of their predictions have come true.

Did your friends tell you that it would take time and that Obama was going to need more than 90 days ?
Did they also tell you that we'd have updated energy grid, improved infrastructures across America, develop renewable energy and become more energy self-reliant , upgrade pay, housing, healthcare and equipment for the military?

Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakening Escapade View Post
Did your friends tell you that it would take time and that Obama was going to need more than 90 days ?
Did they also tell you that we'd have updated energy grid, improved infrastructures across America, develop renewable energy and become more energy self-reliant , upgrade pay, housing, healthcare and equipment for the military?
Hah! We'll see.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:14 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
And the GOP's answer was?????????? The silence is deafening.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:16 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Lol......... I hate to say it, but thats funny.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
and Less money in our pockets.

See ya when Obama is actually able to do all of that in 4 years.

If you dont have healthcare whos fault is that?

Upgrade in pay? Obama is giving you a pay increase?

Housing is Obama going to buy you a house?

Obama plans to cut military spending.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I guess you choose your facts selectively, thats understandable considering McCain is who you have to work with.

The reality is that troops are going to be withdrawn from Iraq and put to work finding the REAL perpetrator of 911. Bush playing his games trying to say that Iraq was involved in terrorism, how many of our troops are dead because of that lie? Its disgusting and frankly I don't know how he sleeps at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies