Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 05:12 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Yes, we did end up with a big deficit with the last admisition that was in office for 8 years but GUESS WHAT the new admisition double it in 20 days. I wonder (please dear God don let it happen) what he could do in 8 years. My gosh, we will all be panhandling in China. What happened to America, I guess we all forgot about 9/11 and in 8 years with this administration we'll be a nothing of a country. (I beleive Nancy thisnks america isn't worth much) I was down the middle of the road for many years and then after watching how Obama double our debt in a few working hours, I think I am a libertarian. Lets get rid of government all together. take Madam speaker, Reid and and Obama's administration to the ground. Can you guys believe that half his administration didn't pay their taxes. I wonder if any of us can get away with that? I have to make extra payments every 3 months (I guess I am rich) after paying every month out of the paychecks too. Oh well, I am suppose to feel good about paying for everyone who lived above their budgets.

I AM ANGRY and feel betrailed by this 'OBAMA' boy did I have it wrong on election day............................................... ....
You mention 9/11 ...

I didn't forget about it. I was a few blocks away when it happened. Luckily I didn't see much of it because once we heard what was going on, we went the other way. It was the second day of my internship.

You know, it really bugs me when people say "oh we forgot about 9/11" because, no, nobody has. The issue here is what do do about it. Mr. Bush had his way. He tried, but IMO it was the wrong solution to a major problem - we've gotten nowhere. I've always thought the best idea is to go in Afghanistan, and now I'm not so sure that'll work either for many reasons.

I've never been one for the world holding hands and singing "Kum Bay Yah" but really, something's gotta give. We are in the crisis of my lifetime and nations across the world are looking at us, winking, saying "told ya so." Yeah, yeah, you're going to ask who cares what Aussies or Brits or the Dutch think? Well, I do. And you should too.

You see, it doesn't (and should never) boil down to Dem vs Republican. We all drive the same roads, shop at the same stores, enjoy our burgers and dogs on the 4th. It's time we start acting like Americans, instead of 50 separate nations under one roof. Until we start treating EACH OTHER with respect, we can't respect our brothers and sisters in other countries.

Like Obama said (and can HOPEFULLY bring), we need change. (Keep in mind, I don't approve of many Obama Admin policies).

And there it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 05:25 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Obama's NEW strategy: Blaming Bush for 'mess'!

This is not a new strategy. Where have you been for the past year. That is how he got elected. He blamed everything on Bush and told everybody he would do better. Evidently he thinks it will fix things if he just keeps blaming Bush. Sorry, that just doesn't cut it.

I knew that telling you what the problem is does not fix the problem. I pointed out several times on these threads that he was just telling us what the problems were but not listing any solutions. "Change" is not a solution. You have your change, but it looks worse than what we had already. Throwing money (our money) at the problem does not fix the problem. I felt sorry for him and us then and I still feel sorry for both of us now. It is a sad day when someone takes on a job they are not qualified to do.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:29 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I actually have to give Bill Clinton some credit (although I never thought I would say that) in controlling his people. obama has most of the same people and they must be just mindless idiots...
Obama's Cabinet:

Agriculture: Tom Vilsack
Commerce: Gary Locke
Defense: Robert Gates
Education: Arne Duncan
Energy: Steven Chu
Health & Human Services: Kathy Sebelius
Homeland Security: Janet Napolitano
Housing & Urban Development: Shaun Donovan
Interior: Ken Salazar
Justice: Eric Holder
Labor: Hilda Solis
State: Hillary Clinton
Transportation: Ray LaHood
Treasury: Tim Geithner
Veterans Affairs: Eric Shinseki

Director of National Intelligence: Dennis Blair
National Security Advisor: James Jones
CIA Director: Leon Panetta
UN Ambassador: Susan Rice
EPA Administrator: Lisa Jackson
FEMA Administrator: Craig Fugate
OMB Director: Peter Orzsag
Press Secretary: Robert Gibbs
Senior Advisors: David Axelrod, Valerie Jarrett
Chief of Staff: Rahm Emanuel

Yeah, nice catch. They're almost all Clinton holdovers, alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
...because they "should" know better and are making huge mistakes because obama has NO EXPERIENCE at all at most everything! And it is showing although I did not think it would be so soon.
Um...does any of that actually MEAN anything???

Old 03-14-2009, 06:01 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
The OP, using the word "strategy" in the title of this thread, has inadvertently revealed an interesting strategy of his own. President Obama has barely been in office for two months, and OP has accused him of an astonishing number of strategies in that time. One's mind boggles at the thought of how high the number of accusations will go over the course of a four-year administration!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:16 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I felt sorry for him and us then and I still feel sorry for both of us now. It is a sad day when someone takes on a job they are not qualified to do.
I feel sorry that right-wingers have nothing better to say than this sort of drivel. We would all have been so much better off if this day had never come. If only Bush had been able to limit the damage of his eight years in office to merely the debacle of Iraq, the "unitary executive" mess he made of the Constitution, the abandonment of New Orleans, the monkey wrench of No Child Left Behind, the sellouts to the oil companies and other mega-corporations, the wealth-squandering tax cuts for the rich, and declining real wages for the rest of us, but OH NO! On top of all that and more, he had to toss destruction of global financial systems resulting in the worst economic calamity in 75 years!

Face it. The right-wing took this country from the penthouse to the outhouse and left us there, surrounded by disgrace and failure. They lied, they stole, they cheated, they did things without thinking them through at all. They trashed the US at home and abroad, and now there is not a single good thing they can say about what has come from the sum total of their eight years worth of so-called effort.

No, all they can do is babble away about how the guy who has to clean up this titanic mess for the ages hasn't completed his work in 53 days. Well, here's a clue: you guys didn't do anything right in eight freaking years. The new guy had you clowns beat six ways from Sunday within his first week! So don't even bother with your "Daddy, are we there yet?" whining when it's your damned fault that we have to make this trip at all.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:17 PM

492 posts, read 962,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
You mean to tell me that this recession began on 1-20-09? Let's be realistic here.
Realistically... this mess began in 1964 with Lyndon Johnson and the Great Society, when that big ole train pulled out of the station. It's been gaining steam and headed to disaster ever since.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:47 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Better headlines are:

"Obama sheds restraint; acknowledges Bush and Republicans dumber than first realized"

"Obama no longer silent; now absolutely sure that current free fall due to Bush and Republican failures"

"Obama shocked; Bush and Republicans believed the country could run itself"

"With new insight as President; Obama more shocked than ever at the extent of inept Bush administration; plans to alert nation"

"Obama in awe at Bush stupidity; Bush really did believe that DREAMS TAKE WING"

"Obama deeply disturbed that Bush's next war was to try to eliminate rain with a 'War on Clouds'"

"Obama hoping for better but disappointed; Bush and Republicans ranked the Economy below Horse Manure Storage as a national priority"

Old 03-14-2009, 07:26 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Hmmm... lets see if I can't illustrate this on a more personal level, in simple one on one terms.

Harborlady finds a way to get permission to drive someone else's car. She entitles herself to operate it recklessly, run it into the ground, aims it at kootr because he didn't give her permission, runs kootr over (not only with the car but judicial muscling over). She blames kootr as the cause of why kootr got run over (he was in my way, its my car and it's my road). Hands over the keys to obama because it's the end of her turn to drive someone else's car. She expects a hero's legacy written in textbooks because rupert murdoch is her bestest buddy.

Obama has to fix the car, get healthcare delivered to kootr who blames him for running him over, figure out how far out of the bowels of the septic tank he'll have to reach to retrieve our constitition, keep money moving in an economy of longstanding IOU's incurred by all parties concerned, all the while not risking hurting the feelings of &/or holding harborlady accountable for her 75% stake in accountability?

Harborlady is impersonating whatever sickness has control of the party formerly known as republican.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:26 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Obama's NEW strategy: Blaming Bush for 'mess'!

This is not a new strategy. Where have you been for the past year. That is how he got elected. He blamed everything on Bush and told everybody he would do better. Evidently he thinks it will fix things if he just keeps blaming Bush. Sorry, that just doesn't cut it.

I knew that telling you what the problem is does not fix the problem. I pointed out several times on these threads that he was just telling us what the problems were but not listing any solutions. "Change" is not a solution. You have your change, but it looks worse than what we had already. Throwing money (our money) at the problem does not fix the problem. I felt sorry for him and us then and I still feel sorry for both of us now. It is a sad day when someone takes on a job they are not qualified to do.
Yes it is and no less the office of President of the USA!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:30 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I feel sorry that right-wingers have nothing better to say than this sort of drivel. We would all have been so much better off if this day had never come. If only Bush had been able to limit the damage of his eight years in office to merely the debacle of Iraq, the "unitary executive" mess he made of the Constitution, the abandonment of New Orleans, the monkey wrench of No Child Left Behind, the sellouts to the oil companies and other mega-corporations, the wealth-squandering tax cuts for the rich, and declining real wages for the rest of us, but OH NO! On top of all that and more, he had to toss destruction of global financial systems resulting in the worst economic calamity in 75 years!

Face it. The right-wing took this country from the penthouse to the outhouse and left us there, surrounded by disgrace and failure. They lied, they stole, they cheated, they did things without thinking them through at all. They trashed the US at home and abroad, and now there is not a single good thing they can say about what has come from the sum total of their eight years worth of so-called effort.

No, all they can do is babble away about how the guy who has to clean up this titanic mess for the ages hasn't completed his work in 53 days. Well, here's a clue: you guys didn't do anything right in eight freaking years. The new guy had you clowns beat six ways from Sunday within his first week! So don't even bother with your "Daddy, are we there yet?" whining when it's your damned fault that we have to make this trip at all.
Don't you liberals have a conservative republican child to attack somewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies