Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:29 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

“We will restore a sense of fairness and balance to our tax codes by finally ending the tax rates for corporation that ships our jobs overseas,” says President United States, Barrack Obama.

Obama to stop outsourcing, India Inc worried

Stop Outsourcing Outsource India
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 10:39 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Oh my god. What a GREAT GREAT thread.

What great news! It is ironic because I was just talking about this to my dad and co workers.

OUTSOURCING HAS GOT TO STOP!!!

Leave the jobs here for the American people. Sure, you get cheaper labor but still! Companies that exists and capitalize because of America should do its duty to the country. Employee Americans!

I am saying this being Indian myself. The outsourcing to India and China has got to stop. No doubt about it. I work at Target Stores and I cannot tell you how annoying it is when I have to call for store help and it goes to some guy with an Indian accent who cannot understand what I am saying.

Good for Barack! I know the first man I ever voted for will bring this country back and help up. I have more faith in this man!

Thanks KRAMER!

*HUGS*

Old 03-15-2009, 10:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
“We will restore a sense of fairness and balance to our tax codes by finally ending the tax rates for corporation that ships our jobs overseas,” says President United States, Barrack Obama.

Since Americans seem to have something against boycotting a particular company, this is the only logical thing to do. I will not shop at a WalMart for obvious reasons and if more people protected this country and did not just blow hot air, this would be a better place.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:58 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Thanks for the links. I love how the Indians are calling the new resistance to outsourcing "American protectionism." As though it's somehow wrong for jobs in the U.S. to go to U.S. citizens. I've got to say, I'm getting very weary of people in Mexico and India throwing fits over this kind of thing. They HAVE a country. They HAVE a government. They need to STOP expecting the U.S. to be their daddy.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:09 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:

Go Obama! Obamatize those users!

Old 03-15-2009, 11:11 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
the only thing that would make this better is saying that he will lower the corporate taxes for jobs kept in the U.S.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:12 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
the only thing that would make this better is saying that he will lower the corporate taxes for jobs kept in the U.S.
Agreed.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:22 PM

380 posts, read 1,059,017 times
If President Obama actually sees this through, he might stop the bashing he has received for some of his other decisions, this is why most Americans did not vote for McCain. For he(McCain) and Bush just ignored the cries for help from American workers these past few years. Prior to his second term, Bush answered critics who were upset that so many manufacturing jobs had left the US, Bush then makes a statement in one of the State of the Union addresses that former factory workers should be given tax breaks to attend a Jr College to get IT training, then a few years, he had his commerce secretary at a meeting in Washington speak with corporate heads who were worried about declining profits that they could get tax break by outsourcing IT jobs overseas. It was this lousy treatment under the guise of free trade(which is a F%$ing lie), the president defended this as how the global economy worked. This is where republicans had better start paying attention to the people. So I say hurray for President Obama, I did not vote for him, but i would become a fan of his if he truly does begin sticking up for the American worker-and stop groveling to the likes of India and Mexico when they whine. It is almost too good to be true-so I will not get my hopes up too much, being a former republican leaning voter I can only ask McCain, Bush and company-"Why didn't you have the guts to act on your nations behalf and not just the nations corporations?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:46 PM

182 posts, read 103,424 times
Quote:

god how I love Obama

he really is shaping out to be one of the great ones

Old 03-15-2009, 11:56 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Although I think government should have a limited role in corporate American, I am happy to hear that Obama is addressing this vexing issue. There are millions of unemployed Americans willing and able to do the jobs that are being shipped overseas. I am getting a little tired of calling customer service and getting someone from another country who is often inflexible and obviously following a script. Often times I do not understand the representatives which makes it challenging for me as someone with a hearing impairment so it would be nice to have someone from the US to provide this service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies