Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2007, 07:13 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times

Advertisements

John and Kaintuck, I am going to hold your toes to the fire on this one, come up with what country or countries waged successful counterinsurgency operations in the past 60 years, make it easy, since WWII
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 07:51 PM

345 posts, read 203,631 times
GBG, I hope you ain't coming on here as mhouse and double bloggin. Yall sound a lot alike. Me and Wildberries can always team up an kick some butt. I have learned something on these blogs, if that's what you call them. Doesn't matter how eloquent I can be and how much truth is in my corner, ya'll have your minds made up that Bush is a traitor, the American military is made up of criminals and Nazis. If we would just listen to the neocoms we would all be drinkin that free bubble up and eatin that rainbow stew. I'll have to come out and go huntin with you some time, I can do that song pretty good with my g-tar.
So I'm just gonna have to slow down and take your damn ole point by points on. I ain't no historian GBG and I ain't no English professor. However, for a large part, by comparison, I am convinced I'm cruisin with common sense and yore on a raft without a paddle. You been in the damn woods just a little too long. Hell I occassionally come out and go to cuzzin Jacks. Here goes.

-The war in Afghanistan was a correct decision short of one tactical nuke.
-Invading Iraq was debatable as to whether action or inaction was the path of least resistance. ( you don't have the time to listen nor I to explain that)Maybe later.
-Here we go with those silly ass facts of yours again. One thousand Al Qaeda here, twenty thousand Muhjajajadeen there, pick a name, any name, they are still seventh century hoodlums hell bent on your destruction. (Therein lies the serious flaw in yore thinkin what you can't come to grips with. Refer to the five points I gave you from Thomas Sowell. What you called obfascatin, somethin' like that. Mr. Sowell's point is, you can fill it with facts, adverbs, adjectives, modifiers, counter facts, ad infinitum, and run in a freaking circle till time passes you by. You're still just as dead as you was before you started.-Maybe your right about the black hawke down thing. I don't know. The whole dumb ass group of them were idiots in hindsight and probably in forsight, to think we were going to walk in onto a bed of flowers. Goes back to my contention that we actually got what we wanted and that given the right strategy we might just win this thing. I know most of you libs shore don't want to hear that. We'll talk in a year. Don't ask me what winning is because it depends on what the meaning of is...is.

-OOOOHHHH, Iraqi National Insurgency. Good god man you leave me the impression your proud of them.
-Can't win in Vietnam or any place else packing the Democrat National Insurgency on your back.
-Yes sir, I would have to check the historical records but I do believe it took us a while to pacify both the Germans and the Japanese. Now you'll be sure to correct me if I'm wrong on that one. You'll have to excuse my long windedness GBG, I just don't know as many 8 lettter words as you do.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:59 PM

Hey John, Notice GBG conveniently didn't want to include WW11. O.K. GBG you already fessed up my answer is WW11 which is the more on par answer with what we have here. May I remind you we had no serious losses on our soil in WW11. Another great point made as to the seriousness of the provocation, mounted upon the mounds of provocations, over the past twenty five years. Attacks without response by our lilly livered leaders.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:04 PM

Kaintuck, Neither the war against Japan nor the war against Germany were counterinsurgency operations. Although there were counterinsurgency operations during the war, they do not bear on the problem at hand, they will me boy, they will, but, Again, I need you to come up with what country conducted a successful counterinsurgency war in the past 60 years. The answer to that is the answer to most of your points.

You make some really strange claims, but, it is true, you don't know your history, or apparently Newtons Law, nor do you know beans about counterinsurgency warfare.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAINTUCK View Post
Hey John, Notice GBG conveniently didn't want to include WW11. O.K. GBG you already fessed up my answer is WW11 which is the more on par answer with what we have here. May I remind you we had no serious losses on our soil in WW11. Another great point made as to the seriousness of the provocation, mounted upon the mounds of provocations, over the past twenty five years. Attacks without response by our lilly livered leaders.
I'm glad you're willing to debate GBG, as I have chosen not to. Though you may not be as eloquent as those who consider such an ability more important than common sense, you certainly have a way with words.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:09 PM

AmazingJohn needs not to debate me, since his belief in Bush apparently displaces his native intelligence, Kaintuck I am going to attempt to construct the facts as they lay out in this world. John cain't come to grips with it, you may, but, the question I asked is key.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:22 PM

Thanks AJ.
GBG, You're right I ain't no West Pointer. But in my day I was in on some sneaky stuff. Enough to get a good sense of the way things operate. I answered your question I believe correctly. I don't know the page by page historical blows but my imagination tells me that after the war was won in Germany , Japan, China & elsewhere, the stabilizers faced much of the same as we face now. Is that wrong that is what I read in the papers & such.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:25 PM

Jesus H. Christ, I am not asking you about victory in WWII, I am asking you about counterinsurgency warfare and what is the ONLY country to win one in the last half of the last century.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT WWII,,, YET

Just answer the question.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 PM

GBG, I suppose the answer yu are wanting me to come up with is North Vietnam. Lot of logistic difference here. If you read me as I read you you would better understand my points. For instance one of your posts tell me you are totally obfuscated on the definition of a liberal versus a conservative. In fact you have it just backwards.Hint: It Takes a Village. Conservatives value the individual over the group, Liberals value the group over the individual. There is the real answer as to which came first the chicken or the egg. If we hada left things alone we wouldn't have to be feedin all these damn chickens.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Silas and Spunky, is it something about S's,, ? You can whine, but you can't hide. I am right about the current geopolitical situation, why? Because I pay attention, I do not operate from indefensible ideological beliefs.
So you dont vote? the only one hiding is in the basin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies