Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:34 AM

56 posts, read 161,398 times

Advertisements

If you voted for Clinton, it's eazy to blame Bush, and if you voted for Bush, well let's blame Clinton, because my life?country?job or what ever isn't like I know it should be if only I had been born Brittiany like I was suppossed to be). SO LETS BE UNCIVIL TO EACH OTHER, RIGHT??? Take it out on the other guy, right? Especially since I know he/she is wrong and I am right.

Thomas Jefferson said (long time passing) that "a wise man distrusts himself, a wiser man distrusts his neighbor, but the wisest of all men distrusts his government" - so maybe it's time yo'all stop venting on each other and as Mark Twain (Samual Clements) once said "throw the scroundrels out".

Maybe then, with a brand new government (stop the dynasties like Bush/Udall/Kennedy etc.) we might better get ahold of our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 12:25 PM

1,247 posts, read 927,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Yeah right! NPR is reliably left. It's one of the most left-leaning sources out there. Dude if that is your belief I think you are the one that might not "get it".
NPR is left? LOL. That's great. Have you ever actually listened to NPR or read the website? There is very little actual commentary. It's mostly interviews with people directly related to the event. I don't know how you can get more unbiased than getting quotes directly from the source. I've heard and read many interviews with people who are pro-military, as well.

Who is feeding you this bull? Honestly, man. Open your eyes.

I think many people don't know what the "left" actually is. They're just so used to hearing other people throw out terms like "leftists" and "liberals", that they use them without actually knowing what they mean.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:52 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,443,074 times
America is undeniably a left leaning state, after all it values the rights of individuals over the state. Definately a leftist attitude, the same leftist attitude that created this nation and sent the conservatives i.e. monarchists, packing.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:10 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,670,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
America is undeniably a left leaning state, after all it values the rights of individuals over the state. Definately a leftist attitude, the same leftist attitude that created this nation and sent the conservatives i.e. monarchists, packing.
That's an interesting point of view.

There's this great story about Arthur Miller, the playwrite. He's on the lam from the process servers, because the HUAC decided that one of those "left wing" magazines subscription lists was something they could subpoena, so they could sniff their pink boxer shorts, or some such nonsense.

Miller goes to his lawyers. He opens the door...and there is a prominent Republican, not named. He goes to himself, oh, s___, I'm busted! or something to that effect.

The guy comes to Miller and says something like; I heard they're after you. Wait a minute. I've still got some business with the lawyer. Then, come with me to the airport. My plane's there. Come and stay with me on my ranch until this nonsense blows over. He did it, too.

True Republicans are on the side of the individual, too. I'm one. I'm taking a break from voting for the GOP, because this piece of human waste that's in the Oval Office now isn't worthy of the Party of Lincoln.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
NPR is left? LOL. That's great. Have you ever actually listened to NPR or read the website? There is very little actual commentary. It's mostly interviews with people directly related to the event. I don't know how you can get more unbiased than getting quotes directly from the source. I've heard and read many interviews with people who are pro-military, as well.

Who is feeding you this bull? Honestly, man. Open your eyes.

I think many people don't know what the "left" actually is. They're just so used to hearing other people throw out terms like "leftists" and "liberals", that they use them without actually knowing what they mean.
Yes, I think NPR is left, too. However, I listen to it because they have good programming and have a good measure of intellectual integrity, for this day and age.

FOX NEWS...now, they're on the side of the Yahoo Party. Whoever shouts loudest wins.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:19 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,127,849 times
I really wish I understood what left means to folks, or liberal for matter. If NPR is left, and CNN is left--I am lost on the road and need a new compass. The two can't be compared as far as I am concerned.

News is about reporting. When NPR has a commentary they make it as clear as can be that it is an "opinion." What the other stations don't do is truly make this distinction!

Old 03-26-2007, 03:38 PM

Lessee...

"Leftwing" bonehead calls anything they don't like "Part of the vast right wing conspiracy."

"Rightwing" bonehead calls anything they don't like "liberal." Lordy, they even call the Darth DenMother, Dianne Feinswine, "liberal."

Recalls something I read once, in C.S. Lewis's "That Hideous Strength."

"The true power's always apolitical, sweetie."

I don't like what's going on. Nor, apparently, do a lot of you folks on the Left. But, most assuredly, some one does.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:49 PM

1,247 posts, read 927,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
I don't like what's going on. Nor, apparently, do a lot of you folks on the Left. But, most assuredly, some one does.
The corporate oligarchy loves seeing us at each other's throats, because then most people are too busy being angry at the "other side" to notice what's happening to this country, how our Constitution is getting raped.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
The corporate oligarchy loves seeing us at each other's throats, because then most people are too busy being angry at the "other side" to notice what's happening to this country.
Yes, it's so obvious.

I used to be one of those folks, because I was self employed and got so badly skinned on taxes every year, I wanted to have all "liberals" tarred and feathered.

Then, I got over being angry. That's when it started to be obvious.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:53 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,127,849 times
Do you remember when it started, LeavingFlorida05? I certainly think some of it is what you call the corporate oligarchy--but is that all it is?

Words like liberal, conservative, left, right--have changed meaning too much for my tired ole bones and it is making me feel queasy!

Quote:
The corporate oligarchy loves seeing us at each other's throats, because then most people are too busy being angry at the "other side" to notice what's happening to this country, how our Constitution is getting raped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies