Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'll be watching. And I'll bet that he makes a very good appearance. He's bright enough to have a good sense of humor. The closest Bush could get to a sense of humor was his annoying smirk.
He's still campaigning. Bless his heart, he's entertaining but could he *lead* even if he were unpopular? The country doesn't need a funny president. Obama has Biden for humor. Oh, I forgot. He's a community organizer, and an organizer needs people to be engaged, to 'buy into' what he is trying to accomplish so that they help him reach *his* goals. Notice, I said *his* goals, not their goals. If people stopped to think about it, they'd realize what's waiting for them down the road, around the corner.

But, never mind. It's fun to follow him. Sort of reminds me of the Pied Piper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times
I guess old gringos cant come up with anything original or funny.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:31 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
His approval ratings are slipping slightly; the approval ratings for his policies are dropping even faster. Obama is simply doing what he does best...campaign. Plain and simple. He's returning to that stage where he's most comfortable; softball questions by a complicit media, easy banter, win em over with personality.

Don't forget. He's about to ask for another trillion or so to handle the credit crises. You remember that, right? The primary reason for the current economic quagmire. Frozen credit, hesitant banks..issues that came to light in September, and what many feel are the number one problem. Of course, he hasn't had time to actually address THAT issue yet. To busy with earmarks, pork, $13/week tax breaks, tax cheats, pissing match with Limbaugh..and now late night TV.

Yep, time to rebuild some of that capital.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
His approval rating jumped up to 64% from 61%. Nice try.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
His approval rating jumped up to 64% from 61%. Nice try.
Which poll did he jump from 61% to 64%? It would be the only poll that he is gaining and not losing in

Old 03-17-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I am a democrat and I woke up to how sick this party is,
not to say they are the only ones, because they are not.
There are very few in Washington that I respect and that is a shame.
I get so weary of the old talking points put out by Obama's hinchmen and women and then get blasted here because I do not like Obama, I did not like him before and I think less of him today.
Obama has been given a chance for the last 50 plus days and what has he done??
Shown he can not find his ass with both hands.
He has shown he does not have a clue what to do so he just spends more money.
I was a supporter of Hillary Clinton and after what I have seen of her and Bill slithering up to Obama for "the party" I am sickened by them as well.
I am so glad I voted for Mccain, I can sleep at night knowing I did not get sold out.
If we the people do not wake up and hold these people accountable, nothing will change.
You're not really a Democrat. Maybe the old 1950s Southern Democrats, but they don't exist anymore and that political worldview was taken over by the Republicans 30 years ago when Republicans opened up to government intrusion through social issues.

So, let's stop this silly game. You've used your line "can't find his ass with both hands" on several occasions now.

It's not true. He's smarter than you. He's smarter than me. He's pursued policies with an intensity never before seen.

You have no ground upon which to stand.

As for why Obama won't debate Rush - would Bush have debated Howard Stern? Shock jocks are not important to politics.

Then again, Bush did go on that Howie Mandel game show with all the suitcases...

Old 03-17-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
You're not really a Democrat. Maybe the old 1950s Southern Democrats, but they don't exist anymore and that political worldview was taken over by the Republicans 30 years ago when Republicans opened up to government intrusion through social issues.

So, let's stop this silly game. You've used your line "can't find his ass with both hands" on several occasions now.

It's not true. He's smarter than you. He's smarter than me. He's pursued policies with an intensity never before seen.

You have no ground upon which to stand.

As for why Obama won't debate Rush - would Bush have debated Howard Stern? Shock jocks are not important to politics.

Then again, Bush did go on that Howie Mandel game show with all the suitcases...

And you're not really a blue fly. If shock jocks are not important to politics why did Obama make it his business to discuss them in his speeches? Now I do agree with you on one point...he is definitely smarter than you, you admitted it, but where do you come off telling anyone else he is smarter than them?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 AM

I'm playing the odds that somebody without any connections, born to an immigrant family, who graduated with high honors from Columbia, then was admitted to Harvard and became editor of the Law Review (a very prestigious position), then went to inner cities to help people abandoned by failing industry, then ran one of the most brilliant and well orchestrated campaigns in the history of politics.... is smarter than us.

My IQ's in the top 1%, too. So that's pretty high marks.

The door is wide open to bash me again. Choose the high road.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
He's still campaigning. Bless his heart, he's entertaining but could he *lead* even if he were unpopular? The country doesn't need a funny president. Obama has Biden for humor. Oh, I forgot. He's a community organizer, and an organizer needs people to be engaged, to 'buy into' what he is trying to accomplish so that they help him reach *his* goals. Notice, I said *his* goals, not their goals. If people stopped to think about it, they'd realize what's waiting for them down the road, around the corner.

But, never mind. It's fun to follow him. Sort of reminds me of the Pied Piper.
Rep to you!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I'm playing the odds that somebody without any connections, born to an immigrant family, who graduated with high honors from Columbia, then was admitted to Harvard and became editor of the Law Review (a very prestigious position), then went to inner cities to help people abandoned by failing industry, then ran one of the most brilliant and well orchestrated campaigns in the history of politics.... is smarter than us.

My IQ's in the top 1%, too. So that's pretty high marks.

The door is wide open to bash me again. Choose the high road.
So do the opposite of what you did? Sure. Why not?

And top 1% of what? Your family? Top 1% of lizards? Left-handed Scandanavian 3rd basemen?

Last edited by CharlottePirateFan; 03-17-2009 at 12:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies