Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times

Advertisements

‘Fusion center’ data draws fire over assertions | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, MO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 11:14 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,708,271 times
Wow...I voted Libertarian AND I have a Gadsden flag for the second flag pole...and we've actually displayed it...if they notice the funny thing in my nose, I'm goin' to lock-up, for sure.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:54 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Hmmm, I fly my Gadsden flag regularly. I consider myself to be a member of the "militia" as well. I keep forgetting that "militia" is a dirty word used to decribe wackos in pieced together "uniforms" calling for a race war now. I will continue to fly my Gadsden however. The fact that it came very close to being adopted as our National Flag, might have something to do with that. Coupled with the fact that taxation without representation is a large factor in it's design I find it an appropriate statement for our times. And that makes me a "domestic terrorist" aye? Go figure.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:06 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Your movement has nothing but itself to blame...Most of you said nothing while Bush broke all sorts of laws regarding civil liberties...anything that could be done in the name of " The War On Terror" as long as it was "those people" that were being spied on and jailed for years without trial.

It's really just about your gun worship..you're fake conservatives....You don't care about anything else "Big Government" does that's illegal or unconstitutional as long as your gun rights are safe....

Old 03-17-2009, 01:16 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Your movement has nothing but itself to blame...Most of you said nothing while Bush broke all sorts of laws regarding civil liberties...anything that could be done in the name of " The War On Terror" as long as it was "those people" that were being spied on and jailed for years without trial.

It's really just about your gun worship..you're fake conservatives....You don't care about anything else "Big Government" does that's illegal or unconstitutional as long as your gun rights are safe....
Better than the rainbow and condom flags you flail around.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:17 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Better than the rainbow and condom flags you flail around.

Haha...

Good ole pudwaxer

Old 03-17-2009, 01:25 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Wow, a blanket statement. How profound and thought provoking. I got news for you, I don't support the patriot act, and I had as much faith in Bush as I do in Obama. My political principals are founded on the original intent of our Founding Fathers and I support the entire Bill of Rights equally. You, however cannot make that claim, despite all your howling about "civil Liberties" being violated, you cry for the Second Ammendment to be nullified. News flash....you cannot support just PARTS of the Constitution and throw out the rest. I'm not part of any "movement" either. I have a business, and a family, a decent house in a rural area, I pay my taxes, (even though I disagree with the premise behind a lot of them) and I live a peaceful life.
Posts like the one above are REALLY annoying. Absolutisms and blanket statements with no logical premise whatsoever. Let me guess, you are a "student"? Or perhaps a tenured professor? Wouldn't surprise me. You should read more. Something besides pamphlets from left wing "activist" groups. You may actually find information ,artfully concealed in works of historical non fiction, that can help you develop an actual solid opinion rather than an emotional, knee jerk, and reactionary position. You may even be able to present that opinion in a way that folks can take seriously.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:58 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Excerpted from the article:
Quote:

But when Neal read the report, he couldn’t help but think it described him. A military veteran and a delegate to the 2008 Missouri Republican state convention, he didn’t appreciate being lumped in with groups like the Neo-Nazis.

“I was going down the list and thinking, ‘Check, that’s me,’ ” he said. “I’m a Ron Paul supporter, check. I talk about the North American union, check. I’ve got the ‘America: Freedom to Fascism’ video loaned out to somebody right now. So that means I’m a domestic terrorist? Because I’ve got a video about the Federal Reserve?”

But state law enforcement officials said the report is being misinterpreted.

Hotz said MIAC.... was set up to collect local intelligence to better combat terrorism and other criminal activity, he said.

“All this is an educational thing,” Hotz said of the report. “Troopers have been shot by members of groups, so it’s our job to let law enforcement officers know what the trends are in the modern militia movement.”

Remember. Totalitarian regimes have almost always defined "peace" as, not an absence of conflict or threat, but as an absence of objection to their agenda.

And they are determined to achieve "peace", one way or another.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:14 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,708,271 times
"Those people" is a term that does not exist in my personal language. There are people, there are THOSE, and those peoples, but not ever "those people" or "you people" or "your people".

People. Period. If you want to break it down in to specifics and talk about hunting tigers...look for a large cat, striped with teeth and whiskers. Tigers are cats. But not all cats are tigers.

Ahem. I stand for Gay Rights, which I see as basic and human...as well as gun ownership, so don't think we're all of the same mind.

Fake conservative? That tells me right there that you don't know what conservative really means. And it doesn't come from my television, rare examples to be found.

Next:

Old 03-17-2009, 02:53 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
I'm not referring to any one poster here....It's not a coincedence that gun right advocates only come out of the woodwork when Dems are in power.

They don't give a damn about the Rule of Law or the Constituion. Otherwise the majority of them would have spoken up about Bush.

Most of them don't care about warranteless wiretapping of Americans, Americans put in jail for five years without trial, gay rights, seperation of Church and State.

You are mostly authoritarians....Guns...Letting the "good Americans" deal with the "bad Americans" when the "good guys" are in power, then you pretend get all Libertarian when the tables are turned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies