Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,873,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
"My game is so crappy it's like the special Olympics." That's derogatory towards you some how? Are you a federal employee or a educator of any sort? Obama is and well.... The court system is slam filled with cases with people that weren't on TV and made a similar statement. Hell they created fair housing laws for behavior like this. It's just a political incorrectness "joke", it's quite a bit more serious for anyone other than the president apparently. In the apartment industry it's pretty typical to have to take at least 2 fair housing courses a year and whole sections are devoted to handicaps.
Maybe Obama should be required to attend a diversity training program like those in the workplace? That way maybe he would understand you don't crack hurtful jokes about special needs children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 09:58 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
Let me see if I can explain this better:

Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Section 504 prohibits discrimination based on disability in any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.

Fair Housing Laws and Presidential Executive Orders - HUD

Old 03-22-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Maybe Obama should be required to attend a diversity training program like those in the workplace? That way maybe he would understand you don't crack hurtful jokes about special needs children?
Just us average (paid) Americans..... The little people. More of the do as I say not as I do. I walk on tippy toes at work as do many others avoiding saying possibly one thing to someone and another to someone else just to avoid any possibility of "steering" or anything of that sort. Why? Because it's an immediate termination and any lawsuit filed you are 100% liable for along with the company you work for. Now imagine hearing that joke coming from the head federal employee that is tasked to enforce those laws. For anyone that was ever convicted of anything like this I bet lawsuits are being written up now.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 03-22-2009 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 03-22-2009, 10:00 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
I think it was but these days liike so many comments such as the "you people" being called a racist then Obama gets the same.Politcal correctness for one then for all.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:09 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,632,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Just us average (paid) Americans..... The little people. More of the do as I say not as I do. I walk on tippy toes at work as do many others avoiding saying possibly one thing to someone and another to someone else just to avoid any possibility of "steering" or anything of that sort. Why? Because it's an immediate termination and any lawsuit filed you are 100% liable for. and the company you work for. Now imagine hearing that joke coming from the head federal employee that is tasked to enforce those laws. For anyone that was ever convicted of anything like this I bet lawsuits are being visioned up now.
I'd laugh my arse off if he got sued by any organization related to that or any other doofus comment he's made!

I'm not for frivolous lawsuits but bring it on, sue Obama! ha. OMG. That'd be insanely crazy.....what would the Messiah do then?

Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,467,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
We're not 'desperate', we're realistic.

So, you're ok with Obama's recent 'political INcorrectness'? Shame on you, don't you have any morals, manners or the like?

Well then, we could similarly say that you Libs just continue to stick-head-in-sand and mosey on in LaLaLand.
"You folks" (and that's not meant in a discriminatory way... ) are really a hoot! Regardless of how cuckoo rightwing ideology has always been, it's never even been internally consistent. But now to hear that those wild-n-crazy 'wingers are wailing about Obama being "un-PC", is like finding out that Limbaugh just joined the National Organization for Women (NOW)!

Thank heavens everybody (well, everybody but the rest of the GOP anyway), finally figured out that Conservatives are all bonkers, and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near matches, much less government. But at least y'all are doing a public service during this legacy of disaster we're recovering from.... now you're providing "comic relief"!!

(But if you're sincere, just leave your address, and we can have the ACLU send you their membership package)!

Old 03-22-2009, 01:50 PM

Yeah, because getting picked on in school wasn't enough right? Having the POTUS making fun of you takes the cake. Again if it's something you wouldn't say in front of someone with a disability why the hell are you standing up for it? The president clearly is saying he was dead wrong. The immediate response after he told it was a bad thing to say was clear, present and loud.

Next I expect a PTSD joke.....

Old 03-22-2009, 02:50 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,796,366 times
Funny big jon I didn't hear ANY of you complain when Cheney was telling his mean spirited elitist WV joke. Where was your outrage?

The difference between Obama and Cheney was that cheney meant it. He really never did have anything but contempt for an entire state, or for the entire region of appalaichia for that matter. Blowing up mole hills to resemble mtns is all about the fact that you have no merit based criticisms, but will attempt the cheap ploy of whipping up sentiments. All I can say is I know where I cannot afford to throw my vote anymore. Too much wackaloon sickness running amok. Were R's not in denial, throwing alternating antics and tantrums, the solutions we've now implemented
1. might not have ever had to be
2. might have been mitigated
3. would not be making our nation even more vulnerable with a one party system because you've made yourselves unworthy of debate. Shall we herd you all into the betty ford clinic????

*Interesting to note, no one is forcing or intimidating R's to be quiet. The rest of us are waiting for you to say something intelligent and rational. We're waiting.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:22 PM

West Virginians are a protected class?

Hey it's not my fault you are negligent of the law for federal employees and educators. The smart people already figured out when Obama did....

Old 03-22-2009, 04:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
So then Imus should not have been bashed or fired when he made his "nappy" comment. Right? He apologized just like Obama did. Imus was making humor that was measured to be in poor taste, just like Obama. Right?
How about Rush Linbaugh's comments???

Here is just one:

"1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

http://newsone.blackplanet.com/elect...mbaugh-quotes/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies