Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:24 PM

105 posts, read 214,227 times

Advertisements

Is it unique that the USA has drug users in the population are they responsible for the drug war that rages on in Mexico. Hasn't pulque and cocoa been used in Mexico for eons and is Canada and Europe immune from drug abuse. NO they are not and it's not the usage of the drugs that is the Wars mission it is the cost of the drugs. North Americans buy everything for inflated prices including illicit drugs. United States is everyones cash cow. Are Americans hiring teenage hit men to target traffickers and politicians in Mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 04:28 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Here's one for you: When people buy prescription drugs from Canada,guess where the Canadians get them from? They get them from us! The canadian companies buy the drugs at a discounted price then sell them for a profit to american citizens.The problem is that even with the canadians making a profit,their prices are still lower then if you buy directly from our own country.So why are the drug companies charging us so much?
Now on the illegal front everyone knows marijuana is still the most widely used drug in America compared to all the other illegals.Make it LEGAL already.You eliminate alot of drugs coming into the country,dealers on the street,you can tax the hell out of it,employee tons of people,and slap an age on it like alcohol with the same driving regulations.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
"Is America the instigator in the Drug War"

Without a doubt. Making war on other countries for something that Americans demand that they supply. More than a bit irrational. Legalize drugs, or find a way to eradicate demand (good luck on the last one) but the problem isn't South America, the Far East or Mexico, the problem is us.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:01 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
American Drug War: The Last White Hope (2007) (IMBD)

American Drug War: The Last White Hope - War on Drugs (Official website)

Watch it here for free, (I think it is the entire film, the film is 2 hrs long) American Drug War: The Last White Hope - **Full Movie** • videosift.com

This is one of the best Documentary films that I have ever seen. It answers the OP with a resounding YES. The war on drugs is a war against US citizens.

I HIGHLY recommend EVERYONE watch this film.

The part about the Socal "crank" epidemic in the 80's tells the entire story. FACT: Reagan could have snuffed Meth production before any of us knew what it was! (besides the MC's). That part of the film makes my mouth drop wide open like WTF?!! Big Pharma has been running the show for at least 25 years!! Unbelievable!!!

Please watch this film and then tell a few friends to watch it and keep passing it on!!!

It is available to view for free on the internet. You can buy it online anywhere, you can Netflix it, etc etc. I caught it on Sho. It is permanently in my DVR.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 03-23-2009 at 07:28 PM..

Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 PM

122 posts, read 224,249 times
@TS:
Yes.

@NGB
Great movie. Also, did you notice the subliminal message when it shows a clip of people cheering for Olly North? It was at approximately 55:18 and it said, "Oliver North finances Contras by selling cocaine to U.S. cities."

My favorite quote was the guy on the PCP trip. "Church will pimp a ***** backwards."

Old 03-23-2009, 06:27 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
Yes with out a doubt. Reagen has not only f'd this country up with his "War on Drugs" but the entire world as well.

It has been over 20+ yrs since the war on drugs has started and what have we gotten out of this? What has any country that followed us gotten out of this? No success just pure violence.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:28 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Here's one for you: When people buy prescription drugs from Canada,guess where the Canadians get them from? They get them from us! The canadian companies buy the drugs at a discounted price then sell them for a profit to american citizens.The problem is that even with the canadians making a profit,their prices are still lower then if you buy directly from our own country.So why are the drug companies charging us so much?
Now on the illegal front everyone knows marijuana is still the most widely used drug in America compared to all the other illegals.Make it LEGAL already.You eliminate alot of drugs coming into the country,dealers on the street,you can tax the hell out of it,employee tons of people,and slap an age on it like alcohol with the same driving regulations.
That is exactly the truth. How sad is that.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:24 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Yes with out a doubt. Reagen has not only f'd this country up with his "War on Drugs" but the entire world as well.

It has been over 20+ yrs since the war on drugs has started and what have we gotten out of this? What has any country that followed us gotten out of this? No success just pure violence.

Just FYI, Nixon started "The War on Drugs" in 1969. Reagan was famous for his "Just Say No" campaign, I believe his wife was actually the driving force.
I wouldn't say that Reagan f'd up the whole world. He did some great things. He was just a pawn for the NWO, just as every single POTUS since, including our present one.

Corporations have been running this country for decades. This whole left vs. right thing is a fabrication made up by a few of the powers that be (news corps) to keep the citizens busy infighting so that no real, desired change can happen.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:32 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
That is exactly the truth. How sad is that.
I work for the post office and when GWB took office he started to block the sale of canadian drugs to american consumers.That meant that seniors who were on fixed incomes were forced to pay higher prices, rather then getting charged the same low price our country was charging as an export.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post

Peraonlly I think thsoe that use the drugs are responsible for messing this country up and the death of alot of people to supply them . Even if it was lweag they would still be robbong and stealing to get their fix. I certainly don't want alot of potheads around me ;we have enough problems with alcoholics and othe raddictions as it is.We are consuming 2/3rd of the drugs because we have such intelligent and smart people.We have alot fo addicts ;plsin and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies