Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
An estimated 1 million Americans participated in at least 1,000 tea parties, according to reports by organizers tabulating the nationwide numbers, with documented protests held in 50 states.
Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform told WND, "The Obama administration has awakened a sleeping giant."
Tax Day Tea Party national event coordinator Amy Kremer told WND she has confirmed that more than 850 parties took place. She has at least 100 more reports in her e-mail inbox that have not been posted.

Asked how many people attended the events, she responded, "I would estimate it at over 1 million. I'm waiting on more numbers to come in from organizers right now. I can tell you it is absolutely over 750,000 right now."

The largest protests occurred in Atlanta, Ga., with 15,000 participants. As many as 10,000 protesters participating in Sacramento, Calif., and Overland Park, Kan., according to data compiled by Americans for Tax Reform on more than 207 tea parties.

1 million attend tea parties in 50 states
World Net Daily???? ROFLMAO!!!!!

Even if there were 1 million (which I doubt) - doesn't that just mean that a little over 1/3 of 1% of the population is mentally ill???

Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't know any sane person who would vote for something that is totally in oppostition to their self interest. I have voted for things that wouldn't benefit me directly, but I'd never vote for anything that would be totally harmful. Judging from some of the signs at those parties, I think most of the attendees are pretty much in the same boat. It's all about the perception of what's in your best interest.
I WILL NOT suppport national healthcare on principle...even though it would probably benefit me.

Perhaps the thing is your principles are based upon your own self interest instead of what is right or wrong....

Old 04-18-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post

Even if there were 1 million (which I doubt) - doesn't that just mean that a little over 1/3 of 1% of the population is mentally ill???
AGAIN....no it means that is how many people went,not how many support the protests....

Old 04-18-2009, 08:54 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I WILL NOT suppport national healthcare on principle...even though it would probably benefit me.

Perhaps the thing is your principles are based upon your own self interest instead of what is right or wrong....
That is a personal attack, which is supposed to be against the TOS.

I'm sure I could find something you oppose simply b/c it is in your best interest to do so, if I tried hard enough.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:58 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Another clip, I love Greenville! I'm proud of this town and the great state of South Carolina!

Please keep talking about it dems and liberals. It only confirms your fears and helps drive the momentum.

YouTube - Greenville Tea Party with Senator Jim DeMint

Old 04-18-2009, 08:58 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
You know what? A lot of the people who showed up at these things were simply trying find any sort of outlet for the sense of frustration and disillusionment that has resulted from seeing the Bush regime that had embodied the best hopes of their beliefs and ideals turn into one of the great national disasters of all time. The betrayal ... the disconnect ... the helplessness ... the sense of being lost in the wilderness ... this vague longing for some sort of renewed sense of hope and security. Then to have a guy like Barack Obama move into the White House??? Bailout...stimulus...it's all just been a little too much for many of them, I'm afraid...

Old 04-18-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That is a personal attack, which is supposed to be against the TOS.
If you think so report it....I fail to see the attack.

Quote:
I'm sure I could find something you oppose simply b/c it is in your best interest to do so, if I tried hard enough.
Go ahead...

Old 04-18-2009, 09:01 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Well then the percentage you stated would be wrong....
Uh, read the thread title.

Last time I checked, and I've never taken a NEW math course, ONE of THREE HUNDRED was LESS than 1/2 of 1 percent as I stated.

Having trouble with the math?

Old 04-18-2009, 09:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
If you think so report it....I fail to see the attack.

Go ahead...
You say I don't know right from wrong; I just do what is politically expedient. You know nothing about me, buster! Get off your sancitmonious high horse!

I don't have all day to fool around with this, and how would I know you were being honest with me anyway?

Old 04-18-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Uh, read the thread title.

Last time I checked, and I've never taken a NEW math course, ONE of THREE HUNDRED was LESS than 1/2 of 1 percent as I stated.

Having trouble with the math?
AGAIN....did EVERY person who supports the protests attend?

No.SO the number of people who support the protests is higher than you stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies