Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM

26,239 posts, read 49,129,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It just goes to show that neither you, nor the White House understand the "tea party".. They are protesting FUTURE taxes going up to pay for the current debt being created by wreckless spending and poor budgeting. Tax cuts are actually part of the problem, not the solution and the reason for the protesting.

Thanks, but this wingnut obviously gets it, whats your excuse?
Since the current debt was caused by 8 years of Bush mismanagement, theft and stupidity, then I guess these people are really just protesting the GOP, and the rape of the GOP by the far right.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:03 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,215,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Anti-Obama Taxpayer Tea Parties steeped in insanity

What, exactly, are the protesters protesting? The marginal tax rate rising 3% for millionaires?
By Marc Cooper

April 15, 2009

The Web is buzzing with information about how to throw an anti-Obama Taxpayer Tea Party, something organizers hope will be held today from Santa Monica to South Carolina. But no need to burn up your bandwidth reading complicated instructions. Here's a simpler recipe:

Go to a hobby store. Buy a scale model of a U.N. One-World-Government Black Helicopter and a tube of glue. Toss the model kit. Sniff the entire tube of glue. You're all set for the party.

For the rest of this editorial, please click the following link:

Anti-Obama Taxpayer Tea Parties steeped in insanity - Los Angeles Times

I like the glue sniffing suggestion the best. Seems to have worked.
I'm not quite sure the protesters know what they are protesting. Typical Profile of the typical FAUX NEWS viewership. FAUX NEWS directs them to protest and they protest. Little do they know they are protesting against their own best interest... Is this a prelude to the 2012 election cycle? OMG I cannnot wait, more fodder for SNL...

Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,075,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
Oh lighten up! Let them do their thing. It's like streaking or bowling. Good clean exercise.
Tea bagging is good clean exercise???? Nuts to you.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,243,858 times
Don't forget that Tax Protesters are White Racist Extremists - just look at the crowds of melanin deficient people at those Tea Parties.

Egads!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,317,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Go tell it to the moron G. W. Bush who blew a balanced budget clear out of the water in 2001 with tax cuts for the wealthy, then huge increases in farm subsidies, then huge ethanol subsidies, all done with red ink and borrowed money. Then he went to war on borrowed money. Then he let the entire investing banking and mortgage business go down the drain. Maybe the morons on the GOP right can FIX that damage before they run their mouth about the new guy trying to clean up YOUR mess.
Hey Mike, listen to Fox the rest of the day and try to realize that Bush is taking as much heat as Obama is.

As Glenn Beck is now saying, neither party is more to blame than the other since they are both equally involved. this thing today isn't a gripe at Obama, since they keep talking clear back to Carter and beyond. It is about the terrible debt and Bush did add more than his share.

I wish some of you people could have lowered yourselves enough to watch some Fox. Glenn Beck is now speaking to Texans in San Antonio and talking too much truth about this whole movement.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:07 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,149,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Little do they know they are protesting against their own best interest...
Tell me, what is my best interest? What are my priorities? What do I want from my government?

You're in the topmost echelon of C-D posters when it comes to arrogance, duke. The sad part is, I'll bet you're barely even old enough to vote. Try getting some life experience under your belt before you pretend to know everything.

23,838 posts, read 23,157,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

It's a news article, quoting Robert Gibbs.

It isn't an opinion piece.

Do you really not know the difference?!
Who gives a shat about Robert Gibbs? He's a puppet spin doctor paid to lie for the President.

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I think Democrats should start sponsoring "sour grapes" parties to protest the intellectual bankruptcy of the right...

Old 04-15-2009, 03:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,317,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Since the current debt was caused by 8 years of Bush mismanagement, theft and stupidity, then I guess these people are really just protesting the GOP, and the rape of the GOP by the far right.
You have been asleep the past 90+ days? You don't know that we have increased that debt at least $2 trillion in that period of time? Is it what you smoke all day or have you really been asleep.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Wow---13 dollar per pay period tax break, to go to 8 dollars at the end of this year. Yeah... that's sure change I can believe in.
Is this an increase or decrease in your taxes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies