Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:40 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,615,259 times

Advertisements

Now that he's gone, I really would like to know what Bush "did" that you feel ruined the country? People accuse him of alot of ****, but can you exactly name the bills and laws he signed to cuase these affects you accuse him of?

If you can, then I'll accept it. But I can't sit here and beileve much of what is said until I have proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 06:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I do not have the time to provide you with a political education. I do reccommend the last thre books by Chalmers Johnson. IIRC "Blowback" and "Sorrows of Empire" are two of the titles.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
Bush screwed up, but not for the reasons *******s think. They only have it half right.

Bush screwed up by continuing the expensive and unaffordable pursuit of nation building. This is the part they have right.

Bush screwed up by blowing up a 2nd bubble AFTER Clinton/Greenspan's dot bomb equities bubble burst + 9/11. It was too politically unpopular to bite the bullet because the 2002 elections were coming up and the neo-con-munist RINOs were making a power play for more seats in Congress. Bush was too much of a coward to allow the free market to actually work, and interfered with MASSIVE intervention by getting Greenspan to lower interest rates to 1% and propping up a phoney housing bubble. This is the part that *******s have wrong.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:55 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times
If you are referring to the economy, he did nothing. I am not saying he is/not the cause, but he did not really do anything to stave it off besides dish out the first two bailouts... So it is not exactly what he did, but rather what he did not do.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
I found this with about 2 minutes of Google searching...It is a little biased to the right, but this list provides a lot of specific bills and policies that you can look up in greater detail.

Some of what is posted in that list should be ignored, but there are a lot of hard fast policies listed there as well.

I am not saying Bush was a great president, but he did do some positive things as well (unfortunately those don't make as good of news stories as what we heard)

Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
It's not what did Bush do .. it's what he allowed Cheney to do.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:15 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,303 times
Bush screwed up because he had a "hard on" for Iraq, and used 911 as an excuse to attack.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
He admitted some of his mistakes already. Washington Times - Bush admits mistakes, defends record

I think Iraq was the biggest mistake, followed by his failure to take a more aggressive stance on illegal immigration. Of course he doesn't deserve all of the blame, but a lot of what's hurting the country today happened on his watch. I'd say the last 20 years of presidents have pretty much sunk this country into a deep black hole. If the Clinton admin wasn't so busy scaling down our intelligence agencies and military, defending scandals, introduced political correctness to our society, selling secrets to China, and diddling interns, perhaps 9/11 would never have happened. Bush Sr. with his "no new taxes" and gulf war for oil.

Twenty years of liars and cheats, proving that a two party system is meaningless and we are a nation divided amongst ourselves. It doesn't matter which party is elected to office because there will always be a congress and senate to help jam up the country a little further. That's what is really killing this country, not so much the one man at the top of the heap, but the congress and senate. Bush could have done a better job at vetoing some of the bills pushed by congress that put us in this economic mess.

Don't expect the almighty messiah to rescue this country either, Obama will face the same obstacles in congress and senate as other administrations have faced.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:56 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,469,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Now that he's gone, I really would like to know what Bush "did" that you feel ruined the country? People accuse him of alot of ****, but can you exactly name the bills and laws he signed to cuase these affects you accuse him of?

If you can, then I'll accept it. But I can't sit here and beileve much of what is said until I have proof.
His "mistake" was to be the quarterback of the Blue team. That's all the fans really care about, what team you are on. Rich against poor, north against south. Race, religion or sex, they work hard to make sure we don't unite and turn against them.

Our politicians have done an excellent job at turning our gubmint into a team sport. You have to hate the other team player. They are all stupid and crooked, unless of course he changes to your team then he is quite smart and honest.

All the while they all suck us dry and laugh at our ignorance.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Bush screwed up, but not for the reasons *******s think. They only have it half right.

Bush screwed up by continuing the expensive and unaffordable pursuit of nation building. This is the part they have right.

Bush screwed up by blowing up a 2nd bubble AFTER Clinton/Greenspan's dot bomb equities bubble burst + 9/11. It was too politically unpopular to bite the bullet because the 2002 elections were coming up and the neo-con-munist RINOs were making a power play for more seats in Congress. Bush was too much of a coward to allow the free market to actually work, and interfered with MASSIVE intervention by getting Greenspan to lower interest rates to 1% and propping up a phoney housing bubble. This is the part that *******s have wrong.
Excellent post. The liberal argument against conservatives constantly slam Bush, but the fact is, by the end of his second term, most of us saw him going in a direction that was completely against what the conservative movement is about. He was spending like crazy and bowing to anyone with a special interest...you know...very liberal-like actions.

We couldn't stand him by the end. He did a GREAT job in his first term defending our country, and he DID keep us safe. He deserves to be commended for that. But his spending and expansion of the govt was right out of the liberal playbook.

By the end of his second term, he was YOUR guy. Not ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies