Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 PM

439 posts, read 616,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And you know that, how? Because they voted for a person who believes in personal choice, as opposed to imposing one's will on everybody else? It is attitude like yours that is killing Christianity. But hey, religious fanatics do share a common ground regardless of the religion they follow.

I can only ask you to shut up and leave the rest of us alone.
I'm not asking you to do nothing. You choose your own road. You should now what is right and wrong. Remember they call Jesus a religious fanatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 08:33 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
I'm not asking you to do nothing. You choose your own road. You should now what is right and wrong. Remember they call Jesus a religious fanatic.
Jesus never got along with priests. He chose to connect with God in person, away from people, and certainly didn't annouce it to the world. Jesus was humble, and all about humility. He prayed for the sinners. He was quite unlike the contemporary loud Christians, I must say.

I certainly don't need the church or the priests to dictate my path. I choose it for myself, and choose to respect others' choices. I prefer to make my personal choices. If that makes you uncomfortable, so be it, the world doesn't revolve around you, the preachers and politicians you worship.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Jesus never got along with priests. He chose to connect with God in person, away from people, and certainly didn't annouce it to the world. Jesus was humble, and all about humility. He prayed for the sinners. He was quite unlike the contemporary loud Christians, I must say.

I certainly don't need the church or the priests to dictate my path. I choose it for myself, and choose to respect others' choices. I prefer to make my personal choices. If that makes you uncomfortable, so be it, the world doesn't revolve around you, the preachers and politicians you worship.
The Catholic Church is the true churh of Jesus Christ. St. Peter is our first Pope. Yes go ahead and choose what ever you want. Im not asking you to become Catholic. I don't worship Prechers or Politicians. I worship our lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:48 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
The Catholic Church is the true churh of Jesus Christ. St. Peter is our first Pope. Yes go ahead and choose what ever you want. Im not asking you to become Catholic. I don't worship Prechers or Politicians. I worship our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
And you have every right to worship whom you choose. Even if you think that your church is the "true" church, and everybody else's is the "wrong" church. But you do not have the right to force your beliefs on everyone else by attempting to have them written into law that everyone else must obey.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:57 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
You can't worship and follow Christ without being a Catholic? What did Jesus think of Pope's? You know, the guys whose lavish lifestyle could put kings and queens to shame.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Growing up Roman Catholic (and being Black Catholic, at that) along with being 100% educated in Catholic schools (kindergarten thru college) not to mention working in the rectory during the summers for several years...I always found it very interesting that the church preys upon the ignorance of so many.

While little old ladies were eating cat food to be able to "tithe" to the church, the priests were living it up in their residence (housekeepers and a cook, travel abroad whereever they wanted, lavish gifts, expensive meals, etc)

The church covers up so many horrific crimes commited by their own. I saw and experienced way more than my fair share with these priests.

So when someone gets up on their Catholic "high horse", I know that they are speaking out of ignorance.

Obama speaking at Notre Dame is the LEAST of the problems that the Catholic Church has. And anyone with any common sense would realize that the only reason that the church is "pro-life" is because thats the only way that they can continue to increase their "flock"

Old 03-29-2009, 10:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
This molestor priest will burn in hell just as those that voted for death of million unborn by voting for Obama.
And WHO will "burn in hell" for protecting the deviate priests, the lowest form of humanity(if you can call them human).????WHO?

Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Growing up Roman Catholic (and being Black Catholic, at that) along with being 100% educated in Catholic schools (kindergarten thru college) not to mention working in the rectory during the summers for several years...I always found it very interesting that the church preys upon the ignorance of so many.

While little old ladies were eating cat food to be able to "tithe" to the church, the priests were living it up in their residence (housekeepers and a cook, travel abroad whereever they wanted, lavish gifts, expensive meals, etc)

The church covers up so many horrific crimes commited by their own. I saw and experienced way more than my fair share with these priests.

So when someone gets up on their Catholic "high horse", I know that they are speaking out of ignorance.

Obama speaking at Notre Dame is the LEAST of the problems that the Catholic Church has. And anyone with any common sense would realize that the only reason that the church is "pro-life" is because thats the only way that they can continue to increase their "flock"
That Catholic church has been her for almost 2000 years and it will always be attack by evil forces but Satan and his followers will never bring down the Catholic Church.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:38 PM

952 posts, read 3,706,179 times
Quote:
That Catholic church has been her for almost 2000 years and it will always be attack by evil forces but Satan and his followers will never bring down the Catholic Church.
Do you ever read threw your posts before posting them?
You are not American, are you? Where are you from?

Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
This molestor priest will burn in hell just as those that voted for death of million unborn by voting for Obama.
And what of those who supported the death of hundreds of thousands in a war in Iraq conceived on willful lies?

If you voted for Bush, you are not a Catholic. The blood of sin for murder is upon your hands and you cannot wash it off.

So, for what party do you vote? Certainly not Democrat and CERTAINLY not Republican, for both violate "thou shalt not kill". Democrats enthusiastically in one sense (abortion), Republicans enthusiastically in every other sense.

Choose your poison. I'll take Obama and his overall pro-life stance to support peace, enlightenment, the ecosystems that sustain all life, and unity to the world.

Last edited by Bluefly; 03-30-2009 at 07:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies