Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times

Advertisements

Here's Your Bailout! $10.00

"Most workers will see a $10 hike in their paychecks thanks to Uncle Sam's 'Making Work Pay' tax credit — your small piece of the economic recovery package pie."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 08:55 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
At least its something.

10 dollars can buy me a meal for two days.

For other people,it can really help.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:55 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
You have a problem with an average $520 pay increase? Why are you complaining about a tax cut - one of several that will benefit you?

More proof that some people are just out to complain, and will take any excuse no matter how dumb-***ing stupid it is.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,023,483 times
Ten Bucks? I thought it was going to be $13. Now I'm really mad!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Guess what? I'm happy to see that, as I'm sure most people are & I actually heard someone at work today say that she was happy with that. So? What's your point? Aren't you the people who are the tightwads, keeping your money close to you? I'd think you'd be happy about this. But oh wait, because it's a DEMOCRAT who gave you this, all bets are off. I'd like to hear your reaction if a republican, libertarian, whatever your affiliation is, did this.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You have a problem with an average $520 pay increase? Why are you complaining about a tax cut - one of several that will benefit you?

More proof that some people are just out to complain, and will take any excuse no matter how dumb-***ing stupid it is.

Hahahaha!!! Tax cut? Funny boy! You don't have a clue!!! Inflation will ruin the dollar... Your grandchildren's grandchidren will be paying for that $10 a week when they're old and grey. Scumbag fraud Obama is destroying America and you're clueless.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

Exactly. It will help me. At my job, if I work 40 hours each week, (which is not the case), I will make $14,208

So that extra $520 WILL help.

Kootr, care to respond how this bad?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
10.00 a week. Or slightly less than 5 gallons of gas. 800 billion dollars and this is what is delivered to the common man?
What if we had taken that 800 billion and for exampled invested in to bringing just some of the manufacturing industries that we have exported back? Say the steel industry or computer industry, or hardware supplies, textiles. What if we passed trade laws similar to what our trading partners impose upon us? Just a thought. Maybe 10.00 is a lot to a high school or a college kid but in reality it just isn't enough to make any difference at all.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Exactly. It will help me. At my job, if I work 40 hours each week, (which is not the case), I will make $14,208

So that extra $520 WILL help.

Kootr, care to respond how this bad?
Nice income! Close to my income on investments. But I don't understand why you need an extra $520/Yr more with income of about $750k?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,023,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Guess what? I'm happy to see that, as I'm sure most people are & I actually heard someone at work today say that she was happy with that. So? What's your point? Aren't you the people who are the tightwads, keeping your money close to you? I'd think you'd be happy about this. But oh wait, because it's a DEMOCRAT who gave you this, all bets are off. I'd like to hear your reaction if a republican, libertarian, whatever your affiliation is, did this.
Of course there is nothing wrong with more money in my paycheck. The objection lies in that this bill of goods was widely sold and touted as Economic Stimulus. What, are you supposed to go out and buy a new car on an extra ten bucks a paycheck? This is barely enough to stimulate one Happy Meal every week. This is an insult to the intelligence of every taxpayer. They don't blink twice about handing out Billions to their Buddies in the Country Club, but the average joe that punches a clock gets ten bucks. OOOOOOOOOHHHH!

The old saying comes to mind.

Don't pi$$ down my back and tell me its raining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies