Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:05 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teotwawki View Post
That would mean Cain & Able must have had sex with each other and had kids in order to continue the species. So THAT'S okay but 2 completely unrelated men can't get married today??
Adam and Eve had other children besides Cain and Abel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 08:37 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Actually, there are some cases of statutory rape that I agree with, for instance that Mary Kay Letourneau. It was consensual on both ends & look, they're now married. So yes, let's bring on those evil sexual deeds that the devil makes us do, life is so much better w/those things in our life.
I agree with this. A lot of sex offense cases are b.s. The age of consent ought to be 13 like it is in Spain.

Back during the Boston witch-hunts of the late 70s (which NAMBLA formed because of), a judge dismissed most of the charges against the defendants, and said "Nobody should fear going to prison because of consensual sex with a teenager." If a judge said that today, he'd be the object of a lynching party emceed by Bill O'Reilly. But it was common sense then, and it's common sense now. (Actually, I should say good sense. If it were common, everyone would have it.)

Old 04-10-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I think the age of consent will eventually be lowered to around 12-13 for girls and 14-15 for boys.
Good. Why would it be higher for boys though?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Adam and Eve had other children besides Cain and Abel.
I notice you got the location on your profile right.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:28 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
I just thought of something to all of you who firmly believe in god. Now aren't you guys always saying "it's gods plan?" Regardless if someone dies, your own life course, etc. So if that's true, don't you think it'd be gods plan for some people to be heterosexual & some to be homosexual? If it's really gods plan for whatever happens in your life, I would assume that would mean you would be forgiving of every disaster, murder, loser in life, etc. Someone is poor? Well then instead of tyrading that they're a loser & milking the system, really you should accept that it's gods plan for them to be poor. Same w/people who murder or rape others: it's gods plan. I'm always hearing how everyones life is not their own life, its gods. So, then accept it.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:52 PM

240 posts, read 352,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
Legalizing same-sex marriage legitimizes the sinful lifestyle of homosexuality.

This is another step, termed progressive, that the leftists are taking to crumble the moral fabric of society. They have already legitimized adultery, pre-marital sex, divorce, abortion, recreational drug use, and so on.

Give people an inch and they will want a foot. The next thing that the leftist judges and self-described progressives will push on society is legalizing adult-child relationships, what we currently define as statutory rape.

Don't think there is such a movement out there? Think again. It is called NAMBLA, standing for the North American Man-Boy Love Association.
http://www.traditionalvalues.org/pdf_files/NAMBLASexLiberation.pdf

Does anybody else find this so-called association highly putrid and absurdly beyond the limits of decency? Does anybody care?

Go ahead, destroy the sanctity of marriage, break down the family unit, ruin the moral fabric of society. NAMBLA and other such extremist movements will find their way to the mainstream, as homosexuality seems to have become mainstream in these modern times.
LMAO, i cant even get mad at this, hah

Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I just thought of something to all of you who firmly believe in god. Now aren't you guys always saying "it's gods plan?" Regardless if someone dies, your own life course, etc. So if that's true, don't you think it'd be gods plan for some people to be heterosexual & some to be homosexual? If it's really gods plan for whatever happens in your life, I would assume that would mean you would be forgiving of every disaster, murder, loser in life, etc. Someone is poor? Well then instead of tyrading that they're a loser & milking the system, really you should accept that it's gods plan for them to be poor. Same w/people who murder or rape others: it's gods plan. I'm always hearing how everyones life is not their own life, its gods. So, then accept it.
God gave us all free will so not everything that occurs is God's plan. It is not God's will for any of us to suffer pain, hardships or death. Why do we have pain, hardships, trials, tribulations and death? It's because of sin. Sin is a condition that we ALL have, whether we choose to admit it or not. Sin ultimately leads to eternal death. BUT, there is good news, Jesus paid the price for our sins at the cross. All He asks is that we repent (turn from) our sins and accept His FREE gift of salvation. He knows that we struggle with sin and He will help us overcome our sin and weaknesses if we allow Him to.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:30 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default Blackboard Jungle

Quote:
Was this as widespread as our current gang epidemic? I would hazard a guess that our public schools were not the crime zones in the 50's as they are today.
Famous film from the 50s. Rock around the clock came from that movie. There were many others back then with the same theme.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. The difference back then was that most "immoral" things weren't talked about and kept behind closed doors. I just turned 60 this year.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
God gave us all free will so not everything that occurs is God's plan. It is not God's will for any of us to suffer pain, hardships or death. Why do we have pain, hardships, trials, tribulations and death? It's because of sin. Sin is a condition that we ALL have, whether we choose to admit it or not. Sin ultimately leads to eternal death. BUT, there is good news, Jesus paid the price for our sins at the cross. All He asks is that we repent (turn from) our sins and accept His FREE gift of salvation. He knows that we struggle with sin and He will help us overcome our sin and weaknesses if we allow Him to.
So if god gave everyone free will, isn't it to say that homosexuals should have free will to marry as well? And what you said about it not being gods will to have pain or suffering, that is very unusual that you said that because I have heard the exact opposite from many devout followers.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Famous film from the 50s. Rock around the clock came from that movie. There were many others back then with the same theme.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. The difference back then was that most "immoral" things weren't talked about and kept behind closed doors. I just turned 60 this year.
I was thinking about the same thing, that bad things were done back then but never talked about. Case in point: in my neighborhood when I was growing up, my neighbor was a flat out child molester. He said or did things to me, my sister & at least one or 2 other girls at that time. No, no rape or anything like that, but just vile things. I'm almost positive that my parents found out about it but nothing was done because..well, they just didn't do things like that back then. I just talked to my sister about it a month ago, to see if she remembered any of it. She did, I do & I would love to get that ass in jail because I'm sure he's never stopped, he's probably still a dirty old man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies