Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 4/18/2009, Honorable Sarah Palin would make an amazing American president.
I agree. 11 21.57%
I disagree. 40 78.43%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:17 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,516,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I didn't answer what? And no, I had no problem w/him going to a game.

My bad...I had you mixed up with another post. (Who?ME?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 02:42 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I think you give Dukey too much credit....

I go with the logical idea that this poster has a Palin fetish.
Yea right, I have a fetish for stupidity...

Old 04-14-2009, 02:43 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
He's not that smart.

Plus he alone exceeds all of the threads started by the right-wing nutjobs.

But since you didnt answer I take it you agree that Obama put his job aside so he can go chug beers at a basketball game.
Hi Charlotte - Kind of getting under your skin a bit eh? Good...

Old 04-14-2009, 02:44 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
LOL It shows.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
This is a legitimate complaint from the Legislators. Wailin' will be gone 36 of the 72 hours left in this legislative session. In addition to the below, there is still a Senator that needs to be agreed upon.
Quote:
Among the legislation awaiting action this week is a federal stimulus package bill and the capital budget.
So, what do you think is more important to Alaska, the issues facing the Alaska Legislatures or having their Governor have breakfast with S.M.I.L.E. and attend a Right to Life dinner in Indiana?

Old 04-14-2009, 02:50 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Kinda like Obama at a basketball game throwing back a few beers?
WOW!!! I'm appalled!!

Old 04-14-2009, 02:50 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
Quote:
As I recall Palin went about screaming her head off about oppossing this Stimulus money, claiming there were "strings" attached that would harm Alaska down the road...

If she is opposed to this legislation then why isn't she staying and fighting the good fight right to the vote? That is what she should be doing, meeting with legislative members and others who would be impacted by the legislation.

No, she is running because it is has been disclosed THIS WEEK that her claims of "strings" doesn't exist........ All of her amateur bellicose rants in the media are bogus. The fight she pretended doesn't exist and she is nothing but a "Bag of Hot Air".... How does that look for the "Future" leader of the GOP?
I heard a good many governors complaining about those strings, both republican and democrat, and have completely missed hearing about them being debunked. Can you provide a link to where these strings were explained away?

Perhaps you can explain what legislation she is supposed to be fighting regarding the stimulus package. From what I understand, the stimulus is Federal law, not state legislation, and the legislature does not decide wheter to accept it or not. The Governor of the state has that responsibility, at least that is how I have seen it represented by Texas and California, I am not sure if Alaska has language in their constitution that is radically different than most other states in this respect.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Eeewwwww....you have a thing for Pelosi???

Old 04-14-2009, 02:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Wow, attending an event to support treatment of persons with Downs Syndrome. How irresponsible!
Yes, it is irresponsible when she is NOT needed THERE, she IS needed at her JOB!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, it is irresponsible when she is NOT needed THERE, she IS needed at her JOB!!!!!!!!!
You mean like going to a basketball game when you are the POTUS???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies