Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 11:27 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,142,409 times

Advertisements

Video – Bush: Obama doesn’t need me criticizing him | The Right Scoop

He made some decisions I disagree with, he did some good things. He received a heck of a lot of hate and slander. Some warranted to a degree, some not. With the exception of Palin, he has been the most beat on, bashed, hated, and despised by the media and Hollywood. He's been attacked by former Presidents Bill and Carter while he was President. He's been attacked by Obama while President and even after he turned over to Obama.

You would think this man would like to return the favor. Well, apparently not. Say what you want about this man, but he has class and respect. The only ones who wont agree are the ones who hate him to death as much as they do Palin. Youll see the types of people I speak of in the comments below. And those of you who've been around the forums, know who is most likely to come in here and do what they do best...hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 11:31 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,204,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
<snip>Youll see the types of people I speak of in the comments below. And those of you who've been around the forums, know who is most likely to come in here and do what they do best...hate.
No comments....

Old 11-05-2010, 11:34 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,142,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
No comments....
Wow, I have to admit, while I thought it was so fitting to see YOU, be the first reply, I am shocked and impressed that you were able to leave it at that.

Good job Meson. Really, im honestly impressed and I think that's good of you to do that on this topic.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:14 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,063,784 times
Wow, so many logical fallacies.

False Dichotomy - Either one agrees with whatever Bush did and praises him, or they hate Bush to DEATH.
Demonization - See above.
Spotlight fallacy - Highlight where people who disagree or insulted Bush, ignore where people who have insulted or disagreed with Obama (breaks the irony meter in the last 3 days).
--Will follow with "No True Scotsman" - Anyone who did bad behavior is not a real whatever right wing noun you classify them as.
Overgeneralization - Besides the leap to demonization, the leap that everyone who disagrees with Bush automatically hates Palin to DEATH.
-Plus if one person said it, and might possibly be a Democrat, all Democrats must agree. Same in reverse.
Argumentum ex Culo - Saying that Carter or Clinton stated they wished Bush would die, I would be interested to find that quote or some sort of topic where it doesn't relate to the point above.
Persecution Complex - Anyone who does it to anyone of my "group", at any time, then anything is okay to do to everyone of theirs.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:20 PM

956 posts, read 1,115,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
You would think this man would like to return the favor. Well, apparently not. Say what you want about this man, but he has class and respect. The only ones who wont agree are the ones who hate him to death as much as they do Palin. Youll see the types of people I speak of in the comments below. And those of you who've been around the forums, know who is most likely to come in here and do what they do best...hate.
I am not a big fan of President Bush, but I would never insult his intelligence by comparing him to Sarah Palin.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:23 PM

20,479 posts, read 12,402,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Wow, so many logical fallacies.

False Dichotomy - Either one agrees with whatever Bush did and praises him, or they hate Bush to DEATH.
Demonization - See above.
Spotlight fallacy - Highlight where people who disagree or insulted Bush, ignore where people who have insulted or disagreed with Obama (breaks the irony meter in the last 3 days).
--Will follow with "No True Scotsman" - Anyone who did bad behavior is not a real whatever right wing noun you classify them as.
Overgeneralization - Besides the leap to demonization, the leap that everyone who disagrees with Bush automatically hates Palin to DEATH.
-Plus if one person said it, and might possibly be a Democrat, all Democrats must agree. Same in reverse.
Argumentum ex Culo - Saying that Carter or Clinton stated they wished Bush would die, I would be interested to find that quote or some sort of topic where it doesn't relate to the point above.
Persecution Complex - Anyone who does it to anyone of my "group", at any time, then anything is okay to do to everyone of theirs.
for a comment that didnt make any sense it sure took a lot of effort to write.... what with all those hotlinks and such.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:44 PM

46,983 posts, read 26,041,916 times
I have little use for GWB, but that's a stance I can respect, so good on him.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:45 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,063,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
for a comment that didnt make any sense it sure took a lot of effort to write.... what with all those hotlinks and such.
Not really, makes perfect sense. The argument is invalid even at the most basic levels of logical reasoning. The reason why is stated, including the definition of the term. These are terms that have been used for thousands of years, many first written down by Aristotle.

Doesn't take any effort to write if one is even moderately educated. I know some people frown upon things like that.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:51 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,470,698 times
Obama has constanly bashed Bush for the past 2 years, and Bush has said nothing. He could be just like Obama and rub all his failures in his face, but he's a good, man, despite some mistakes made in his presidency.
He is being the bigger man here. Good for Bush! Obama should take a lesson or two.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:53 PM

516 posts, read 376,266 times
Yup, Bush had class. Much more so than oblabla and the lunatic fringe left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies