Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,279 times

Advertisements

Cheney Vs. Obama: Americans Overwhelmingly Disagree With Former VP

Yeah, even most Republicans are not so blind as to ignore the fact that Cheney and the equally hated neocons destroyed the Republican Party with the incredibly stupid, tragic, and worse than futile irrelevance of Iraq, which not only distracted America for a crucial six years from the Taliban and Bin Laden, but from the collapsing American bubble economy as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
destroyed the Republican Party with the incredibly stupid, tragic, and worse than futile irrelevance of Iraq
How many UN resolutions did Saddam break? How many times did Saddam try to kill our pilots patrolling the UN designated no-fly zone? How many of his populace did he gas? Remember Saddam invaded an soveign nation and indescrimenately fired SCUD missles into Israeli population centers.

We killed a dictator, freed 30 million people and installed democracy & enforced a dozen score UN Security Council Resolutions.

This post is futile.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
How many UN resolutions did Saddam break? How many times did Saddam try to kill our pilots patrolling the UN designated no-fly zone? How many of his populace did he gas? Remember Saddam invaded an soveign nation and indescrimenately fired SCUD missles into Israeli population centers.

We killed a dictator, freed 30 million people and installed democracy & enforced a dozen score UN Security Council Resolutions.

This post is futile.
And your delusional...

Old 04-14-2009, 02:18 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,765 times
Quote:
And your delusional...
Delusional in thinking that Saddam was a bad guy. That by gasing 10,000 of his civilians that Saddam deserved death? Targeting non-combatant Israeli citizens for death via SCUD is some how not evil? Democracy is not good? How am so I delusional?

Old 04-14-2009, 03:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:

This post is futile.
It sure is. We were led into Iraq NOT with exhortations to free 30 million people but with insinuations that Saddam had something to do with 9/11.

You remember 9/11... that unrelated incident?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Delusional in thinking that Saddam was a bad guy. That by gasing 10,000 of his civilians that Saddam deserved death? Targeting non-combatant Israeli citizens for death via SCUD is some how not evil? Democracy is not good? How am so I delusional?
There were a dozen more dictators in the world at that time, some of whom made Saddam look like Santa Claus.

I wonder how we settled on Iraq to attack? Was it because they were unarmed? Was it a personal thing because "...he tried to kill muh daddy!"?
Could it have had anything to do with oil and the fact that the rest of his counterparts had none?

Nah. Silly me.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:04 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Question Cheney Vs. Obama: Americans Overwhelmingly Disagree With Former VP

Has Cheney ever gotten anything right?

Old 04-14-2009, 07:07 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Has Cheney ever gotten anything right?
Shooting his lawyer in the face wasn't such a bad thing considering most lawyers should really be called liars.

The real concern was when he didn't give up hunting after such an incident. Imagine you were in THE inner circle and the call came in did you want to go hunting with Cheney. I think I might have thrown myself in front of a bus to have an excuse to skip out on that one.

Saddam = breaking UN resolutions
Osama Bin Laden = flying planes into American buildings, killing thousands of innocent Americans.

LET ME SEE, I kind of think we should have concentrated on Bin Laden.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:14 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Shooting his lawyer in the face wasn't such a bad thing considering most lawyers should really be called liars.

The real concern was when he didn't give up hunting after such an incident. Imagine you were in THE inner circle and the call came in did you want to go hunting with Cheney. I think I might have thrown myself in front of a bus to have an excuse to skip out on that one.

Saddam = breaking UN resolutions
Osama Bin Laden = flying planes into American buildings, killing thousands of innocent Americans.

LET ME SEE, I kind of think we should have concentrated on Bin Laden.
I think as long as you carry the duck or grouse or whatever you're hunting you'd be pretty safe.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:15 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,187 times
Quote:
Cheney Vs. Obama: Americans Overwhelmingly Disagree With Former VP

Yeah, even most Republicans are not so blind as to ignore the fact that Cheney and the equally hated neocons destroyed the Republican Party with the incredibly stupid, tragic, and worse than futile irrelevance of Iraq, which not only distracted America for a crucial six years from the Taliban and Bin Laden, but from the collapsing American bubble economy as well...

This is the guy who when told that the majority of Americans were against the war responded, "who cares?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies