Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:00 PM

134 posts, read 262,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisMeantime View Post
If you don't like ga2email's statements, why don't you just change threads?
In some crazy way, I understand Dan. The reason he keeps posting on this thread is similar to the reason I keep listening to Russ Cassel on the radio. I enjoy discussing this topic as long as Dan can keep it civil

Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
Let me answer this. Yes, yes, yes he is racist! And so is Rush Limbaugh. Thread over.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:13 AM

292 posts, read 344,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
Let me answer this. Yes, yes, yes he is racist! And so is Rush Limbaugh. Thread over.
Thanks for proving my point. Anyone you disagree with POLITICALLY is a racist (in your mind) - got it!

Honestly, you guys are throwing the "racist" label around a little TOO MUCH these days. That's a pretty serious accusation, and unless you have proof, you should really tone it down.

And no, one off-the-cuff comment that you interpret in a way that offends you does not make Russ a racist, and neither is Limbaugh but that won't stop you from slinging mud at him because he threatens your world-view.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:26 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga2email View Post
He said on his show that he doesn't like the person that won the masters Angel Cabrera because he has an interpreter.

He was starting his show with the phrase "I'm white and doing what's right". I know that an african american started that phrase, but it just sounds wrong and should not be repeated.

I was just wondering what other locals thought of Russ. Maybe I'm being defensive, I'm open to other points of view on this.
The station was so much better when they had Ralph Bristol.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:29 AM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
Thanks for proving my point. Anyone you disagree with POLITICALLY is a racist (in your mind) - got it!

Honestly, you guys are throwing the "racist" label around a little TOO MUCH these days. That's a pretty serious accusation, and unless you have proof, you should really tone it down.

And no, one off-the-cuff comment that you interpret in a way that offends you does not make Russ a racist, and neither is Limbaugh but that won't stop you from slinging mud at him because he threatens your world-view.
Didn't Russ say a black couldn't do as well as whites at qb in the NFL? Counts as racist to me. I can do anything you can and probably better. Most racist hide the fact that they are because they are cowards. I hope they all die and burn. By the way, I don't have a political claim. I've voted Republican and Democrat so your dumb theory is dead. I choose the man or woman I think is right for the job. If the Republican faithful had of chosen Huckabee I would've voted for him, but they didn't so it was easy. By the way, if you support these 2 radicals you are just as bad and can follow there recommended path. The world will never heal as long as we have this going on. I vote to close this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies