Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:05 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,829 times

Advertisements

that is what Mexico is spouting, but upon further review:
FactCheck.org: Counting Mexico's Guns

maybe 36% of the guns seized have come from America, but what they aren't telling you is that some of those guns make have come from their own military since American guns are issued to the Mexican Army are American:

Tens of thousands of Mexican Army soldies have gone AWOL and joined the cartels. I’m pretty sure they bring their guns with them. (mostly made in the US, by the way, so I guess that must be our fault too). We actually trained the Zetas at Fort Bragg, and now they’re the ultimate cartel death squad. I suppose that’s our fault also.

Obama in Mexico - It is all our gun’s fault. « Monster Hunter Nation

Now you have Mexico's president telling us that we need to compromise our Second Amendment rights to help them with their problem.

Here's a solution. Lock down the Mexican border. Zero commerce can go through without a thorough search. Nobody without a proper visa can go either way.

But Mexico doesn't want that because that would hurt the illegals that they help get into this country everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 09:18 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,657 times
Sure they are! Fully automatic AK-47 can be purchased at any K-mart
Cool aid anyone?

Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
I got this from "the Patriot Post":
As Fox News reports, the vast majority are not of U.S. origin. The figure of 90 percent comes from an ATF report from 2007-08 in which Mexico submitted 11,000 guns for tracing. Of the 6,000 successfully traced, 5,114 came from the U.S. As Fox notes, however, "n those same two years, according to the Mexican government, 29,000 guns were recovered at crime scenes." In other words, "83 percent of the guns found at crime scenes in Mexico could not be traced to the U.S." Most weapons come from the black market, Russian crime organizations, Central and South America as well as Asia, and even police and military deserters from the Mexican Army. But these facts didn't stop The New York Times from trumpeting the 90 percent myth again this week. Tell a lie often enough...
Obama is simply laying the groundwork for a renewed ban on semiautomatic rifles. "I have not backed off at all from my belief that the assault weapons ban makes sense," Obama said Thursday, though a White House spokesman assured Americans that Obama "respects the tradition of gun ownership in this country" (emphasis added). Furthermore, the Obama administration plans on addressing gun trafficking by pushing the Senate to ratify a treaty with Latin America restricting the illegal manufacture and trade in guns, ammunition and explosives, along with strict licensing requirements. Mexican drug lords will surely be respectful of such a treaty.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Cool aid anyone?
granades and bazooka's are on aisle 8

Old 04-17-2009, 09:31 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
granades and bazooka's are on aisle 8
right next to the tampons.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:57 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
There was some back and forth on the news the other morning about this. This one clown, in response to his opponent saying the weapons were coming form SO. America ,Asia etc, conceded the point, but said 'but they run them through gun stores in the US'.. SURE they do, lol, so they can fill out the 4473's on them I guess. This whole thing is plain lunacy. Just a grasping of straws by those who wish to see Americans disarmed. I'll keep my guns thanks, even my 'evil' semi auto service rifles with synthetic stocks and pistol grips. If the cartels want to export their garbage to my valley, we will give them a warm welcome. 168 grains at a time

Old 04-17-2009, 11:01 PM

238 posts, read 305,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Cool aid anyone?

Shhh....thats a secret.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:09 PM

563 posts, read 1,449,605 times
My BF went down to the Baja Peninsula to help a neighbor roof his house (well, the house he built on the land he leased from a Mexican family because Americans can't actually own land in Mexico). They were stopped at checkpoints by teenager Federales with AKs, German Shepherd drug sniffing dogs and new Hum Vs (Made in America, I think...). The checkpoints were after they passed the Home Depot...not quite sure.
Guns have been heading south (illegally) and drugs heading north (illegally) for a long time now. The guns come from a variety of sources. And this is news?

Old 04-17-2009, 11:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Didn't the Mexican gov recently seize an antiaircraft gun from one of the cartels? I kind of doubt that it was purchased in an AZ gun shop.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:17 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertGirl View Post
My BF went down to the Baja Peninsula to help a neighbor roof his house (well, the house he built on the land he leased from a Mexican family because Americans can't actually own land in Mexico). They were stopped at checkpoints by teenager Federales with AKs, German Shepherd drug sniffing dogs and new Hum Vs (Made in America, I think...). The checkpoints were after they passed the Home Depot...not quite sure.
Guns have been heading south (illegally) and drugs heading north (illegally) for a long time now. The guns come from a variety of sources. And this is news?
It's only news to Obama and crew because it gives them a way to put their Assault weapon ban in place. You know the guy who said he's not coming for our guns, supports the Second Amendment... that guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies