Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:22 PM

320 posts, read 290,461 times

Advertisements

Honestly I've never dealt with racism in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Sometimes when I order tacos. Not advert racism, but like they dont care what I say. I ask for mild and they give me spicy. It's like they don't understand me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 03:57 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
I don't think Whites are facing discrimination. I do think White Trash/Rednecks are facing discrimination. It's no longer acceptable to make disparaging remarks against other races, gays and non-Christians. People including non-Redneck Whites have no tolerance for that any longer and the country as a whole has turned the corner whereas Rednecks long for the days when they could just openly discriminate against anyone or anything they deemed inferior.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:14 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Everything you've posted in this thread is garbage, but I give you props for your feeble attempt at concealing your enormous disgust for black people. I'm sure it was very difficult for you. Why bother posting pictures of rappers? Why not just come out and admit that you think black people are lazy thugs who have had everything handed to them?

Better yet, why not head over to Stormfront where you can commiserate with your fellow white supremacists about the terrible blight of the Negro in America.
Blah blah blah white supremacists blah blah blah. Oh the typical talking points. Good usage of the buzzword "supremacist," damn the SPLC would be proud. Actually by my count the only one who uttered any "supremacist" remarks would be Lucario considering he believes only blacks (I guess he counts Indians too, gosh golly what a guy) are real Americans with real American traditions. But as usual:

Old 01-28-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am actually glad when true bigots expose themselves to the light of day. Its a reminder of the enemy that must be defeated.

We should use these people as motivators to dig deeper, push harder, fight back stronger!
YEAH! WOOH!! Fight the evilnaziracisswhiteycrackersupremacistopressors! Did I get them all?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:02 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
NorthGAbound12
befriend
Hahaha...hahahah. Yeah, you're right, black kids are a lot safer in all black schools you know with poor grades, over worked teachers, violence, drugs, gang activity etc. Yeah that's a good environment to learn in, that's what black parents should promote. As long as little Johnny doesn't potentially face "racism" from "dem ol white evilracissnazioppressors," it's all good in da hood.

It's against the tos to call someone stupid so I'll just address this stupid post.

My old high school/Renaissance H.S.

Renaissance is a college preparatory high school. We are an application/examination high school in which students apply in the Fall of their 8th grade year and take an exam administrated in January or February. Students take seven classes each semester: five academic and two electives. Students take four years of English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Language. Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA to remain in Renaissance. Graduates amass over three million dollars in scholarships and are accepted to colleges/universities across the country including Yale, Harvard, Penn State, Wharton School of Business, Fordham, Howard, and University of Michigan.

Awards
Blue Ribbon School.
Girls Basketball District and regional Champs.
Academic Games Senior Division won 4 State Champions.
Academic Games Junior Division won 1st Place, Equations.
Boys Basketball State Champs, 2004.
Volleyball 7 time City Champs.

Ethnicity Percentage Students
Black or African American 98.1% 1,093

Renaissance High School - Detroit Public Schools

My sister's old high school/ Cass Tech H.S.

About Us
Cass Technical High School, twice recognized for excellence in education by the US Department of Education, is a unique institution with high expectations for its staff and students. As a city wide college preparatory school, Cass Tech offers basic and advanced academic, scientific, and artistic studies for students with the ability and potential to meet the challenge. Rich in a tradition of success since 1917, Cass fulfills a special role in the development of its multi-ethnic student body with energy and pride. The unique curriculum structure at Cass offers opportunities for advanced study in specialized fields.

Cass takes students with special interests, abilities, and motivates them to expand and develop in a learning environment enhanced with enthusiastic teachers and peers. Ninety-five percent of Cass graduates attend college. Last year’s Cass Tech graduates were awarded more than 7.5 million in scholarships and grants.

Cass has a unique curriculum structure. All students are required to take a basic college preparatory core program that consists of 200 credit hours in the areas of English, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, Foreign Language, Physical Education, Health, and Computer Applications.

Black or African American 90.7% 1,93

Programs

Academic Games
Advanced Placement Classes
After School Tutorial & Art Club
AgriScience Classes
Art Classes
Art Enrichment Program
Band and Orchestra
Build On
Business Professionals of America and SkillsUSA
Ceramics Club
Cheerleading
Chess Club
Computer Aided Drafting/Design
DECA
DSA - Diverse Student Association
Foreign Language Classes
French Club
Girls and Boys Basketball
Great Debaters
Japanese
Marching Band/Orchestra
Robotics/Lego
Scholarship Club
Swim Team
Transition Buddies
Volleyball

None of the stereotypical conditions you attribute to all black schools!!!...get back to me when you can concoct an explanation for our schools.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:03 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,226,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
And you're the one who thinks President Obama should issue reparations for black Americans.
This thread isn't about reparations, and I'm not the OP. If you have a problem with the content of this thread, or any posters, then you need to take that up with the OP.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:19 PM

344 posts, read 462,651 times
Yes.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
YEAH! WOOH!! Fight the evilnaziracisswhiteycrackersupremacistopressors! Did I get them all?
^^^Wow....seriously!?!

(back to the original topic)

I actually think that I understand where some White Americans are coming from in their "rage". I think that poor, working class Whites have been sold a bill of goods that are rotten. Many of them have been raised from birth to believe that they although they may not be ambitious, rich, beautiful or intelligient.....at least they aren't a "N_". That was their saving grace. They could be toothless, living in a moldy trailer sitting on top of a toxic waste dump but at least they aren't Black. And this mentality has been passed down for centuries in this country.

Then these same people see "Brown", "Yellow", "Red" and especially "Black" people who have more and live better and they just do not understand. And they are angry.
These people are the ones who comb the internet looking for any injustice done to White people by Blacks. They post angry anti-Black rants. And they join the Tea Party.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
^^^Wow....seriously!?!

(back to the original topic)

I actually think that I understand where some White Americans are coming from in their "rage". I think that poor, working class Whites have been sold a bill of goods that are rotten. Many of them have been raised from birth to believe that they although they may not be ambitious, rich, beautiful or intelligient.....at least they aren't a "N_". That was their saving grace. They could be toothless, living in a moldy trailer sitting on top of a toxic waste dump but at least they aren't Black. And this mentality has been passed down for centuries in this country.

Then these same people see "Brown", "Yellow", "Red" and especially "Black" people who have more and live better and they just do not understand. And they are angry.
These people are the ones who comb the internet looking for any injustice done to White people by Blacks. They post angry anti-Black rants. And they join the Tea Party.
Yeah okay, sure.
I'm super glad you could penetrate the "white" mind set and offer such a tantalizing critique of whitey. You know you got me, you're right I often sit in my moldy trailer atop the toxic waste dump and floss my one tooth. Then I walk barefoot outside past my pet skunk Earl and think about how I'm going to oppress a minority. I try and be creative with it, but gol durnit I'm just such a stupid cracker that I can't muster up new ideas so I typically just walk around the streets and project my "smug superiority" that I'm naturally blessed with being an evil whitey and all. I ponder on how the black man down the street has a house with indoor plumbing and my inborn natural white hatred of all minorities just flares up. I can't help it, I was born with it!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
NorthGAbound12
befriend
Hahaha...hahahah. Yeah, you're right, black kids are a lot safer in all black schools you know with poor grades, over worked teachers, violence, drugs, gang activity etc. Yeah that's a good environment to learn in, that's what black parents should promote. As long as little Johnny doesn't potentially face "racism" from "dem ol white evilracissnazioppressors," it's all good in da hood.

It's against the tos to call someone stupid so I'll just address this stupid post.

My old high school/Renaissance H.S.

Renaissance is a college preparatory high school. We are an application/examination high school in which students apply in the Fall of their 8th grade year and take an exam administrated in January or February. Students take seven classes each semester: five academic and two electives. Students take four years of English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Language. Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA to remain in Renaissance. Graduates amass over three million dollars in scholarships and are accepted to colleges/universities across the country including Yale, Harvard, Penn State, Wharton School of Business, Fordham, Howard, and University of Michigan.

Awards
Blue Ribbon School.
Girls Basketball District and regional Champs.
Academic Games Senior Division won 4 State Champions.
Academic Games Junior Division won 1st Place, Equations.
Boys Basketball State Champs, 2004.
Volleyball 7 time City Champs.

Black or African American 98.1% 1,093

Renaissance High School - Detroit Public Schools

My sister's old high school/ Cass Tech H.S.

About Us
Cass Technical High School, twice recognized for excellence in education by the US Department of Education, is a unique institution with high expectations for its staff and students. As a city wide college preparatory school, Cass Tech offers basic and advanced academic, scientific, and artistic studies for students with the ability and potential to meet the challenge. Rich in a tradition of success since 1917, Cass fulfills a special role in the development of its multi-ethnic student body with energy and pride. The unique curriculum structure at Cass offers opportunities for advanced study in specialized fields.

Cass takes students with special interests, abilities, and motivates them to expand and develop in a learning environment enhanced with enthusiastic teachers and peers. Ninety-five percent of Cass graduates attend college. Last year’s Cass Tech graduates were awarded more than 7.5 million in scholarships and grants.

Cass has a unique curriculum structure. All students are required to take a basic college preparatory core program that consists of 200 credit hours in the areas of English, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, Foreign Language, Physical Education, Health, and Computer Applications.

Black or African American 90.7% 1,93

Programs

Academic Games
Advanced Placement Classes
After School Tutorial & Art Club
AgriScience Classes
Art Classes
Art Enrichment Program
Band and Orchestra
Build On
Business Professionals of America and SkillsUSA
Ceramics Club
Cheerleading
Chess Club
Computer Aided Drafting/Design
DECA
DSA - Diverse Student Association
Foreign Language Classes
French Club
Girls and Boys Basketball
Great Debaters
Japanese
Marching Band/Orchestra
Robotics/Lego
Scholarship Club
Swim Team
Transition Buddies
Volleyball

None of the stereotypical conditions you attribute to all black schools!!!...get back to me when you can concoct an explanation for our schools.
You're right I can't do it!!!:cryi ng::crying :
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies