Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:47 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
If you've READ my responses, you would see I did not IGNORE anything. Unlike some of the one note people on CD that will NEVER acknowledge information, I HAVE and the moral of the story. HE IS NOT THE MESSIAH, HE IS NOT OUR MASTER. The statements made during a political race as well as now are offensive and ridiculous.

Not sure who these "liberals" are your referring too.
Nevertheless, the media is the one who coined the label, not these conservatives you seem so fond of blaming. As I demonstrated, the media was using the "messiah" label more than a year ago. Even foreign media was making those references.

Yet, instead of acknowledging this reality, you continue to blame conservatives for an additional 18 posts. Which proves the moral of the story. You are not interested in reality, only assigning blame, and only if the conservatives can be blamed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 06:21 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,525 times
Quote:
I have yet to see one news footage or article from a democrat labeling Obama as their Messiah, Master or God. Why is it that the conservatives and the anti-obama crowd continue with this labeling? It appears to me this is the way YOU see him. I don't, no one that i've EVER spoken too see him as such...So why do you?

Did the democrats label Bush the Messiah or Master when he took the 2000 & 2004 elections?

Unfortuantely for many on CD mainly those who takes issue when they can not obtain agreement from the other side. Juvenile discussions typically takes away from credible discussion.
I agree with you completely...

However - save your breath - for the detractors on this forum will never listen...

You see, Sean Hannity started calling him 'The Messiah' about 6 months ago - and his loyal minions - several of whom are loyal posters on this forum - accepts his word as the gospel truth...

In essence - they are brain-dead automatons... totally incapable of rational thought.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:28 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
I have yet to see one news footage or article from a democrat labeling Obama as their Messiah, Master or God. Why is it that the conservatives and the anti-obama crowd continue with this labeling? It appears to me this is the way YOU see him. I don't, no one that i've EVER spoken too see him as such...So why do you?

Did the democrats label Bush the Messiah or Master when he took the 2000 & 2004 elections?

Unfortuantely for many on CD mainly those who takes issue when they can not obtain agreement from the other side. Juvenile discussions typically takes away from credible discussion.
Wishful thinking on their part? Jimmy Carter (JC ) was the closest thing to sainthood that ever sat in the chair, but that didn't work out very well, did it? What if JC were republican? I mean, his positions on many issues were very conservative, but you won't hear a single republican speak a kind word about the man.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:10 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,994 times
Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
NO, it ends the discussion of Farrakahn making a flaming statement as usual. It ends the discussion of Clinton making the statement during her campaing. It does not end the discussion on DEMOCRAT(S) believing this man is what YOU guys continue to call him. Has this label been uttered by ANYONE else other than conservatives since the election? NO. To use Farrakahn as an example is far reaching than anything. Hilary is a completely different story.
wow, you're certainly changing your tune now that you've been shown to be wrong. your OP said nothing about 'belief' on the behalf of democrats at large.

first you said:
Quote:
I have yet to see one news footage or article from a democrat labeling Obama as their Messiah
now, shown exactly what you asked to see, you're claiming that farrakhan is not a democrat? or what?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:57 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/article4392846.ece
hilarious as that was, it's clearly poking fun at the sheep, not chugging the kool-aid.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:04 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,725 times
Default Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Far out site!
Obama's political/money backers made him what he is, not BHO himself. I think they have an awful lot of clout to control the media the way they did(past tense).

Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Hillarious!
My fave is this one...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/...525c5f.jpg?v=0

"This is Barak (sic) Hussein Obama's breakfast," the seller wrote, "winner gets his used diner plate with his used silverware and an uneaten portion of his waffle and sausage link."

I'm happy to say I ignored all mccain or obama 'people' to make my decision, so I was oblivious intentionally unless they seriously got in my face about it (which never bodes well for any candidate). Plenty of mccain bumper stickers warning of a muslim white house were bad enough. Those bumper stickers have melted in spring thaw it would appear.

Astrologers for Reagan. http://www.presidentialufo.com/sydney_omarr,_reagan,_and_astrology.htm (broken link)

Christians against <satanic> Reagans http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False..._astrology.htm

Obama's sun positioned in the house of Leo spun an extraordinary tale. Does it apply to all leos? What about republican leos???

Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 AM

37,980 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I agree with you completely...

However - save your breath - for the detractors on this forum will never listen...

You see, Sean Hannity started calling him 'The Messiah' about 6 months ago - and his loyal minions - several of whom are loyal posters on this forum - accepts his word as the gospel truth...

In essence - they are brain-dead automatons... totally incapable of rational thought.
Do you not follow politics?

This is just like the racist comments in the presidential election were coming from democrats,racist comments never came from republican candidates, elected republicans in office or the RNC.

The tea party protests idea was first presented by a democrat on NBC from the floor of the stock exchange, and the idea caught on from there.

The messianic references were criticism ot 0bama, coming came from the democrats running against him. Back as early as May 2008 the news magazines and newspaper stories came out with photos of 0bama with airbrushed halos over his head, or bathed 0bama in a celestial glow. Even the European news media picked up on all this before republicans started using the term as a satirical way of poking fun at the idolatry we saw surrounding 0bama.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SPGF05Ybxe...320/obama2.jpg
Reuters photo

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/1glowbama.jpg (broken link)
The cover of Rolling Stone Magazine

http://conservablogs.com/publiusforum/wp-content/themes/art/obama/obama8.jpg (broken link)
Campaign poster

http://conservablogs.com/publiusforum/wp-content/themes/art/obama/obama6.jpg (broken link)
Time magazine

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_052908/content/01125107.Par.57162.ImageFile.jpg (broken link)
Newsweek

Last edited by Wapasha; 04-21-2009 at 08:18 AM..

Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 PM

749 posts, read 947,160 times
Quote:

Then why do you worship Bambi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies