Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 05:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
  • Anyone capable of saying this (which you did), "research male anal orgasms sometime" is so clearly being driven by Satan that I will truly pray for you and others like you.
I love it. A brilliant novelist couldn't come up with some of the stuff we see here on this forum.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I love it. A brilliant novelist couldn't come up with some of the stuff we see here on this forum.
I know! Isn't it great

Old 05-02-2009, 08:40 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,539 times
Quote:
My friend, you had me until you started babbling about "God". When you're talking about psychology and medicine, you need to stick with non-secular arguments if you want to be taken seriously by most Americans.

I could say that cancer is brought on by God, and that you just need to pray enough if you want it to go away. Who would take me seriously? (Well, maybe you would, but most wouldn't.)
If you pray on it then it might go away but God might have another plan for you so it's impossible to tell what's really going to happen to you.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:02 PM

343 posts, read 1,384,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I thoght Lincoln was a republican and I thought he was the one that fought to end slavery.I am from mexico, I dont know ?
how dare you compare gay and lasbians with slavery. I do know that blacks lived throuhgt hell in those days. When were gay and lasbians sold on the market? and how much did they went for? When were they tied by a tree and whipped into becoming striaght agian? When were the gay and lasbians not allowed to vote?
The fact is they have always been free. What they really want is attantion,to be notice and be acepted by the american people. No law in the world can make people like what they do. If it goes agianst thier believes most americans are agianst gay mariage Just the people of California one of the most liberl state in the U.S.A.
The history of homosexuals in America has no equivalence to the experience of African Americans.

That being said it is clear the gay man has an agenda to overturn the traditional role of marriage in every culture in the world.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXclimberX View Post
The history of homosexuals in America has no equivalence to the experience of African Americans.
I would disagree with you on that. Obviously, the experiences are different, but you'd have to be blind to believe that there isn't still widespread antagonism toward homosexuals in America, and right now, things are probably better than they ever have been. It's only been worse in the past.

Quote:
That being said it is clear the gay man has an agenda to overturn the traditional role of marriage in every culture in the world.
You're wrong. I know lots of gay people (including myself) who don't have an agenda to overturn the role of traditional marriage in every culture of the world.

I hope you're open-minded to the idea that the world isn't black and white. I've learned that repeatedly over the last few months - just from participating on this forum.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:13 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,991 times
Default "psych...."

Quote:
My friend, you had me until you started babbling about "God". When you're talking about psychology and medicine, you need to stick with non-secular arguments if you want to be taken seriously by most Americans.

I could say that cancer is brought on by God, and that you just need to pray enough if you want it to go away. Who would take me seriously? (Well, maybe you would, but most wouldn't.)

DEAR un: thanks for the advice, however, i'll have to give you the same advice that i heard one of my three-year-old nieces give her three-year-old cousin, as they sat out on the breezeway watching their uncle, me, clean the fish they helped catch. as they sat discussing the recent activity of the day, i saw the younger extend her arm and hand to her older cousin. suddenly, the older girl said to the younger, "...no, anna katherine, you eat your boogers and i'll eat mine...!"

well, i think i'll have to give you similar advice: you advance your arguments as you wish; and i'll advance mine, thus. being taken too seriously in this forum is not a particular goal for which i strive. to be honest, my opinions and beliefs will neither be formed, shaped, nor shakened by the majority who post here. i fail to see a profer of evidence which gives credence to your statements regarding being taken seriously, as you advance your position on secularism. truth be told, the majority of americans do believe in god and in prayer. radicalism existed long before the homosexual rights movement. for over two-thousand years assaults have been brought against christianity: christianity continues strong.

as for your statement regarding prayer and my belief in your statement; i would never be so bold as to say that i would not take you at face value. nonetheless, i am a pretty good judge of character, and i adjust accordingly. your statement about prayer simply shows me that you fail to understand both the purpose and power of prayer. prayer is not necessarily a private line to the diety---an avenue to god by which all earthly problems are removed. prayer is a state of mind---a philosophy.

with these things said, best wishes for your good health and happiness. kf

Old 05-02-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
truth be told, the majority of americans do believe in god and in prayer.
kingchef, I don't doubt that most Americans take God and religion seriously. For me (and I think for most others), however, there is a line between religion and science. The two don't mix. God and religious beliefs are based on faith. If you're trying to do scientific research, you can't include beliefs based on faith.

That's what I really was trying to say.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:15 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Sorry, you said constitutions. If a constitution is amended, then it's legal. If we amend the US Constitution to make homosexuality illegal, are you gonna act like it's all good?

The point being is it's not a matter of law at all with you. It's a matter of agenda.
no.. because you can't change the constitution to make homosexuality illegal.. well you could.. but it would be challenged in the courts and weighed on individual freedoms and liberties.. and it wouldn't be allowed to be law for too long.. point is.. if you're trying to change the constitution.. it has to be in a manner that doesn't contradict the foundation of the entire document.. the "examples" you site are of this nature.. therefore would not be accepted..
I mean think about it.. technically.. we could impose laws in the constitution that treats baptists unfairly.. especially if we could get a majority vote to put it in place... but the absurdity of it contradicts the entire premis of the document..
surely you can understand this.. and answer your own question... This is why it is insulting that people think they can change the constitution to keep gays from marrying and think its completely ok and justified... like that JUST ANYTHING can be put into place with a vote... give me a break.. think about what you're saying and try again.
It's not about agenda.. it's about what is right.. you formulate what is right based on what you THINK god wants...
I formulate what is right based on tangible real evidence in our society...Gay people have kids.. have families... and deserve the same rights and protections to their estates, children, etc.. The things marriage provides...

Last edited by boiseguy; 05-02-2009 at 11:36 PM..

Old 05-02-2009, 11:22 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
I'll keep my response short so it's actually readable.....

• Creating laws against gay marriage does not discriminate against their civil rights. Nothing in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights says gays can marry so that's why the Supreme Court will need to have a final say in this.
  • Slavery in the Bible is not based on race. You conquer another set of people and they become your slaves. That's how the world worked for thousands of years. So the thought that the general consensus was that modern slavery was accepted based on religious beliefs is simply wrong and I would not have supported that.
  • You said, 'Hate is when you characterize people and treat them differently under the law'. No, it's not. It does reflect my willingness to not treat everyone equally though. We're only talking gay marriage here and when gays want to marry they should not be allowed to pretend they have the same rights as me. Marriage between a man and a woman is the foundation for building families and living as God wants us to. I don't hate gays but I disagree with their right to marry.
  • Everyone should be subjected to the laws of the Christian faith. We definitely disagree on that. Now there are parts of the Bible I struggle with so it's not like I'm going to stone someone to death for working on a Sunday. However, our current laws ARE based on the Bible so you've already missed that point.
  • The fact that you don't share a belief in God is caused by the fact that you are willfully pushing God away from you and if you continue to do that then you will NEVER truly know God.
  • You have no idea how old the earth is. 6,000 to 8,000 is the best range though according to the scriptures. Science points to carbon dating but this is just another example of Satan working to create doubt in people's minds to draw them further away from God.
  • Gays are second class citizens at best when it comes to marriage. Marriage is between one man and one woman. That's why polygamy is also something I'm against.
  • Your analogy of why whites couldn't marry blacks is ridiculous and is irrelevant to this discussion.
  • Anyone capable of saying this (which you did), "research male anal orgasms sometime" is so clearly being driven by Satan that I will truly pray for you and others like you. You could very well live a happy life while you're here on earth and enjoy the sins you are committing. However, the eternity that you will spend at the feet of Satan will be your future. I hope it's not. I hope you do find God some day but the plain fact is that millions like you will wind up 'burning in hell' as you mentioned.
Miss California gave an honest answer that reflects the beliefs of the majority of people in this country. Her millions of supporters are proud of her stance.
I'm sorry.. but your rhetoric is tired and not based on anything factual.. it is indeed your opinion.. and that's lovely..
but that doesn't take away from the FACT that male anal orgasms do exist..
and they're quite lovely too... LOL..
get over yourself and quit pointing fingers at everyone that isn't subscribing to your laws.. just because laws of the land mirror christian values means that they are rooted in christianity...Such laws and social rules are rooted in every other belief system that exists.. it's based upon the golden rule...
It really doesn't do any good taking this debate any further...because the fact of the matter is.. the only people with a real problem with it is older generations.. so when it does become legal.. it will totally just be older crazies with their bigotry and hate standing on soap boxes looking like fools
but those are the kinds of things that make people martyrs in religion.. so I guess it will be a win/win for everyone soon enough

I still can't believe you busted out with Satan sh*t... I don't know where the hell you people are from.. but it really is insane...

Old 05-02-2009, 11:43 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
That's preposterous.

You're saying that all of the major medical and psychological associations have been willing to allow millions of Americans to live with a mental illness due to the pressure of some homosexuals back in the 1970s?

And how would you explain the studies that show brain differences between gay men and straight men, and the differences in cognitive abilities between the two groups?
Ack. The problem with putting someone on ignore is that you can still see their posts when someone quotes them.

Anyway, Omahabound probably picked up that ridiculous conspiracy theory about the APA from one those rabid anti-gay sites like traditionvalues.org he apparently likes to frequent.

I found a detailed response to the traditionalvalues.org claims about the APA here:
Traditional Values Coalition's Dishonest Re-Writing of APA History

Basically what he (and traditionalvalues.org) is claiming is a lot of rot. Actually it's less than rot, it's a steaming malodorous pile of dung.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies