Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 09:21 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

haha, now the pathetic perez is demanding that the national organization for marriage stop using his potty-mouthed video clip in their ads

too funny.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
If that's all you're going to say in your post then you shouldn't post at all. Either continue the discussion or stay out of it completely.

The point of all my posts goes back to the original point. Miss California gave an honest answer to a loaded question and didn't win some silly beauty contest because of it.
I understand your point, but you've begun to start preaching to everyone and talking down to me especially because I'm not subscribing to your religious beliefs... and that is indeed insulting and offensive.. so I could say the same to you. but I thought my response was very simple and to the point... in asking you to go back to the drawing board in formulating your own responses because throwing jesus talk at all of us isn't proving anything.. and pointing fingers at everyone like their sins are worse than yours is certainly not what christ would do.. so for the sake of your point of view, I advise you to calm your antics down and stick to the issue rather than taking us down the "burning in hell" street.. that doesn't get you anywhere in a public debate or discussion.
and my point is they ask questions to see how you answer it in judging you in a beauty contest... She answered honestly.. like everyone else, but it was divisive so she lost.
Same thing would be if they asked someone what they would do with 1 million dollars.. If the girl said she'd "buy a new house and a sports car" it would be an honest answer, but the judges would be looking for empathy in maybe saying they'd start a charity or something..
Point is.. beauty pageant isn't a "roll up and be yourself contest" its entirely fake and ridiculous, so to think she was somehow treated poorly because of her answer is insane and rooted in political agenda's on both sides of the issue. so stop equating her consequences to her answer... to the ever present cross many of you like to think you bear all the time concerning this issue.... Because it's really getting old...

Old 05-04-2009, 12:48 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
haha, now the pathetic perez is demanding that the national organization for marriage stop using his potty-mouthed video clip in their ads

too funny.
Bwahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I do believe we will be seeing this POS's clip a lot now....strangely not on the ******* sites!

Bwahahahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa!

I love when little fat girls stamp their feet. Kind of cute when you are 2. Not so cute when you are an old queen.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:

too funny.
Just curious - do you support the National Organization For Marriage and their TV ad?

YouTube - Lies from the "National Organization for Marriage"

Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Just curious - do you support the National Organization For Marriage and their TV ad?

YouTube - Lies from the "National Organization for Marriage"
i haven't seen the ad, and youtube is blocked to me right now- but i certainly support the pointing out of hilton's idiocy, that he personally upped to youtube, but now hilariously squalls that permission must be obtained to use.

how about you?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
i haven't seen the ad, and youtube is blocked to me right now- but i certainly support the pointing out of hilton's idiocy, that he personally upped to youtube, but now hilariously squalls that permission must be obtained to use.

how about you?
No, I don't support it because it portrays those in favor of same-sex marriage as pariahs who want to destroy the foundations of American society. The theme is "us versus them"; "us" being straight people and "them" being gay people.

When I first saw the ad, I actually thought it was a parody of something else. It comes across as melodramatic and schlocky.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:49 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
your problem is you worry about things that don't concern you
Anything like gays trying to teach children the "normality" and "naturalness" of homosexuality to children even if they have none.

Sorry, it does concern me. It concerns me when gay men are the overwhelming reason for AIDS and I may end up paying for their treatment for failure to use common sense. Just one of many reasons why it's my concern.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
My threads are all created to encourage discussions. Your posts about homosexuality don't encourage discussion. They're more like invective diatribes.
Yeah, you think encouraging discussion means having everyone agree with you. You're merely an attention who%$ and what's worse is you culdn't care less if it was positive attention or negative. You come across as a preening drama queen.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:52 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,957,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Anything like gays trying to teach children the "normality" and "naturalness" of homosexuality to children even if they have none.

Sorry, it does concern me. It concerns me when gay men are the overwhelming reason for AIDS and I may end up paying for their treatment for failure to use common sense. Just one of many reasons why it's my concern.
Who footed the bill for your corrective heart surgery - A defect you were born with

Old 05-04-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You quoted directly from an article by Timothy Dailey, not a book by Dr Kurt Freund.
Now you are mentioning a book. Which book is that? What it's title?

What's the name of the site you used to quote Dailey's article?

Have you not read that Kurt Freund's research was one of the main reasons homosexuality was removed from the DSM? Dailey's references in his article misrepresented Freund's work. It's not that hard to check out yourself. You don't have to take my word for it.

I call BS.

What reports are you talking about? Who's berating Christians?

No, I read an article by Dr Herek which pointed out all the misrepresentations and distortions in Dailey's article. I checked out Dr Herek's background and qualifications and Dailey's background and qualifications.
THEN to confirm what Dr Herek had said about Dailey's misrepresenting studies, I checked out Freund's study for myself as well as some of the other studies mentioned by Dailey. Herek is correct that Dailey misrepresented not only Freund's work but the work of other scientists. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself. It just takes a bit of an independent mind and some critical thought.

So you blindly believe what a Theologian (with zero qualifications in the field of sexual orientation) has to say about scientific studies without checking it out for yourself- all because he says something that supports your anti-gay bias? Yet you accuse ME of not having an independent mind or critical thought? Go figure.

I call BS

Gosh. Could it possibly be because the FRC was the site that originally published Dailey's article?

Homosexuality and Child Sexual Abuse
Written By: Timothy J. Dailey, Ph.D.
Published In: Insight
Publication date: 06/01/2002
Publisher: Family Research Council

I've researched everything you've "put in front of me" and a lot more. You still haven't cited your sources, I had to go find them myself. So put up or shut up. Post your sources. Post the title of the book you're now talking about. I'll look at them. Otherwise, I call major BS.
Read his work and look at the numbers. Homosexual pedophilia is extremely disproportionate to heterosexual pedophilia. It's all simple numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.