Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 03:27 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times

Advertisements

All I know is that unless and until government is smaller and more manageable, we will continue to spend like crazy and get ourselves into more and more debt. The alternative is huge, huge taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
huge taxing, huge spending, huge government, sending troops abroad.........doesn't sound like change to me. sounds like bush.
You guys can whine all you want and have your tea-bagger parties. The market is up, the economy shows signs of recovering, and Obama has a very good chance of extending his power base in 2012. It positively sucks to be a Republican.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
You guys can whine all you want and have your tea-bagger parties. The market is up, the economy shows signs of recovering, and Obama has a very good chance of extending his power base in 2012. It positively sucks to be a Republican.
Geez - you missed the part where a lot of Democrats were also participating at the "parties"?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:02 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
In the 1787 most food was supplied by susbsitence farming, but nonetheless, the nacscent Department of Agriculture can trace its origins as early as 1836:
Henry Leavitt Ellsworth, a Yale-educated attorney interested in improving agriculture, became Commissioner of Patents, a position within the Department of State. He soon began collecting and distributing new varieties of seeds and plants through members of the Congress and agricultural societies. In 1839 Congress established the Agricultural Division within the Patent Office and allotted $1,000 for "the collection of agricultural statistics and other agricultural purposes."
United States Department of Agriculture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How large was this department as a % of GDP compared to today?

Quote:
As for communicable diseases... oh, puleeze! The understanding of communicable diseases in the 18th and mid-19th Century was barely better than their understanding of space travel.
The world didn't have an understanding of how the plague was communicated? Ah, ok!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Geez - you missed the part where a lot of Democrats were also participating at the "parties"?
Rlchurch just likes to go around stirring everyone who doesn't bow to Obama up.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yeah the entire country missed that.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:36 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
I have never voted for a republican.

Quote:

Old 04-21-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah the entire country missed that.
Rlchurch - do you ever think for yourself? Or just blindly follow your master like a good slave?

All of my views cannot be aligned perfectly with any politician....at least I THINK and don't merely accept the crap some ultra-special leader shoves down my throat.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I have never voted for a republican.
So you voted for Obama?

Old 04-21-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Rlchurch - do you ever think for yourself? Or just blindly follow your master like a good slave?

All of my views cannot be aligned perfectly with any politician....at least I THINK and don't merely accept the crap some ultra-special leader shoves down my throat.
That's exactly what you do and then barf it back for us..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies