Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:34 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,674,468 times

Advertisements

This story tells why so many normal people no longer watch Fox news. As near as I can figure "Fox plays to the fringe" these days.

Obama Vs. Rupert Murdoch: Fox News' Blatant Transition into GOP TV | Media and Technology | AlterNet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 11:36 AM
obo

916 posts, read 985,704 times
ok...like MSNBC, CBS and NBC aren't liberal TV. Man, if the liberals don't get their way 100% of the time, they sure do cry and whine like toddlers. It's very amusing.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:37 AM

437 posts, read 1,071,463 times
Fox has its' niche of viewers and that's it. They preach and perform to those masses and I'm proud to say that I haven't watched Fox News for many months.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:37 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
That's why I don't watch ANY news channels... it's all biased towards something. I wish people would step away from the boob tube and do some research of their own once in a while.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:50 AM

124 posts, read 163,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
This story tells why so many normal people no longer watch Fox news. As near as I can figure "Fox plays to the fringe" these days.

Obama Vs. Rupert Murdoch: Fox News' Blatant Transition into GOP TV | Media and Technology | AlterNet

What's your definition of a "normal" person? Does that mean that anyone who watches Fox news is "abnormal"? And to think that all this time I was told that diversity is something to be celebrated.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That's why I don't watch ANY news channels... it's all biased towards something. I wish people would step away from the boob tube and do some research of their own once in a while.
Agreed. More and more FOX News viewers as well as viewers of CNN, MSNBC, and the broadcast networks are falling for the misinformation. It's obvious if you spend a few minutes reading all the b.s. posts on C-D.

People are reading less and listening more to the talking heads on television and radio. American journalism needs to improve, quickly.

"In our poll, 72% of self-identified FOX News viewers believe the health-care plan will give coverage to illegal immigrants, 79% of them say it will lead to a government takeover, 69% think that it will use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and 75% believe that it will allow the government to make decisions about when to stop providing care for the elderly. But it would be incorrect to suggest that this is ONLY coming from conservative viewers who tune in to FOX. In fact, 41% of CNN/MSNBC viewers believe the misinformation about illegal immigrants, 39% believe the government takeover stuff, 40% believe the abortion misperception, and 30% believe the stuff about pulling the plug on grandma. What’s more, a good chunk of folks who get their news from broadcast TV (NBC, ABC, CBS) believe these things, too."

First thoughts: Obama's good, bad news - First Read - msnbc.com

Old 10-15-2009, 11:54 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
ok...like MSNBC, CBS and NBC aren't liberal TV. Man, if the liberals don't get their way 100% of the time, they sure do cry and whine like toddlers. It's very amusing.

Wow, you beat me to it again.

Funny to see people whine and cry about Fox when the loons have CNN, MSNBC, CBS, C Cspan and even Dora the racist explorer on the liberal side promoting anti American policies.

I just think people like this are scared and jealous because they know FOX NEWS in number one by a long shot, they have 8 of the top 10 shows in TV and blow away to competition with ease.

Get used it to, Fox is number one and since the ObamAcorn Admin has declared war on them, I hope they go after the idiot even more to exposed his criminal activities within in admin.

Go Fox go, the end of liberalism is near!!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,188,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post

So what, they are free to do and be whatever they wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
End of liberalism? Surely you jest, I mean Fox doesn't promote Conservatism, it preaches pro-war liberalism.

Fox is no more conservative than MSNBC is liberal, they are corporatist and have no problems creating a dichotomy in pubic opinion for the sake of ratings and profit.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:10 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,704 times
Quote:

Funny to see people whine and cry about Fox when the loons have CNN, MSNBC, CBS, C Cspan and even Dora the racist explorer on the liberal side promoting anti American policies.

I just think people like this are scared and jealous because they know FOX NEWS in number one by a long shot, they have 8 of the top 10 shows in TV and blow away to competition with ease.

Get used it to, Fox is number one and since the ObamAcorn Admin has declared war on them, I hope they go after the idiot even more to exposed his criminal activities within in admin.

I'm with you. I don't know if you watch Glenn Beck at all, but if you don't, you need to watch his show and see the red "Bat Phone" he had installed for a direct line into the studio for the WH to call and debate what he's saying, or atleast call him out on something wrong.... I think it's f'ing hilarious how he keeps asking Anita to call him. Obviously there hasn't been a peep from the WH. Pretty telling isn't it?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:10 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,674,468 times
Quote:

I'll give Fox supporters credit for one thing.......they are blatantly vocal !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies