Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:18 AM

749 posts, read 947,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
April Ratings: FNC Beats CNN and MSNBC Combined - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

Pretty dang impressive. I love watching MSNBC deliberately go so far to the left they are virtually off the board - and then get their A** handed to them in the ratings.

Cool.
That's what "Fair and Balanced" gets you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 11:30 AM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,657 times
If every one is favoring the Democratic Party then why are they watching Fox News? After all most of the networks are liber and did actually campaigned for him. Are the people saying that they don't trust left wing propaganda?

Old 04-29-2009, 12:36 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Unlike the Republicans ... we liberals aren't "hung up" on any one particular news channel ... like a Faux News.

So our viewers are divided amongst all the news networks, including ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC.

And chances are, we liberals aren't watching news as often as we did in the past since we know our government is now in good hands.

Republicans still need to watch Faux News every day, so they can find something new to complain about!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:57 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
So our viewers are divided amongst all the news networks, including ABC,
Leftist station.

Quote:
CBS,
Leftist station.

Quote:
NBC,
Very leftist station.

Quote:
PBS,
Leftist station.

Quote:
CNN,
Leftist station.

Quote:
MSNBC.
VERY leftist station.

Now you know why some of us watch FOX NEWS (RULES) channel. To get some of the news those leftist stations won't cover!

Old 04-29-2009, 02:10 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
MSNBC is left as FOX is right. CNN is pretty "fair and balanced". That is what you call diversity. The reason Fox is watched is because conservatives and Republicans spend all day with Fox, talk radio and not much of anything else. Being conservative is their life. Most liberals have other lives and watch other things like ER and American Idol on TV. Just because Fox leads does not mean they have a huge massive following.
Could not agree with you more. I have a distant friend/acquaintance who is a neoCON to the hilt and drinks the FAUX NEWS Kool-Aid 24/7, he watches nothing else... I have a life, he not so much... Must be truly depressing to be a neoCON...

Old 04-29-2009, 06:10 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Leftist station.

VERY leftist station.

Now you know why some of us watch FOX NEWS (RULES) channel. To get some of the news those leftist stations won't cover!
I guess any station that doesn't have Karl Rove on it's payroll must be a "leftist station" in your eyes?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:20 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Isn't basing a thing's worth on its popularity is something that high schoolers do?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:23 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Isn't basing a thing's worth on its popularity is something that high schoolers do?
High schoolers and television networks!

Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I guess any station that doesn't have Karl Rove on it's payroll must be a "leftist station" in your eyes?
No, I consider any station that is a leftist station to be a leftist station.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:46 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,867,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
If you really want an understanding of politics, watch CSPAN. Listen to what the idiots in Congress are actually saying and acting on. You will find the idiots are not only Republican.
+1 on that. It's kind of painfull and depressing though. Makes me wonder how so many of these idiots get elected in the first place.

Anyway, I used to be one of those idiots who refused to watch "Faux News", back when, though I watched a good amount of CNN and read a few news websites, I didn't really care to know much about politics beyond passing public opinions.

Also, I know some right wing nut is going to accuse and the fact is that historically I have voted mostly Democrat.

But then I started watching Fox one day. The truth is, they are pretty damn good. They've got their opinions just like the others, sure, but I notice many more facts presented, and argued well. When I was an idiot I read one of Al Franken's books where he went on and on about Splotchy Bill O'Reilly. I laughed, 'cause Al Franken is funny.

Now I watch Splotchy Bill and you know what, I decided he's damn good. He's not without fault, but he presents the facts extremely well. Now I don't doubt for a minute why his show has been #1 for like 8 years. Hannity is great at handling his guests, though he's a bit of a broken record sometimes. And Glenn Beck, I watched him on CNN where he was just as good. And Al Franken doesn't know f uck about politics, lol.

Also, lots of Fox News girls are hot.

Cliffs notes: Fox has shown me they present more facts and more reporting. The other stations seem to have less facts, more embellishment, and more plain b-itching. I think most people who say otherwise just plain refuse to even give them a chance. Probably because they are scared of what they will find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies