Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:40 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,533,426 times

Advertisements

I've already proven in an earlier thread (inexplicably merged with another) why an embryo is scientifically a living human being beyond the shadow of a doubt. (I reposted it in post #10 on this thread).

Now let's apply a simple golden rule test to abortion.

I'm sure we all agree that the person most affected by an action should be the one making decisions pertaining to it.

In the case of abortion, that would be the child. OK, since a fetus cannot decide for itself whether it should live or die at the hands of an abortion doctor, the only fair thing to do is pose a simple question to 1000 random individuals:

"Are you glad you are born, or do you wish you had been aborted?"

Obvioulsy in a random sample, the prohibitive majority would say "I'm glad I was born. I am happy to be alive." Probably 980 to 990 out of 1000 would say that. (This allows for the 1.3% suicide rate). So, since the average person is overwhelmingly likely to be glad he was born, WHO THE HELL IS ANYONE TO MAKE THE DECISION TO KILL A FETUS BEFORE IT IS BORN?

It's a simple matter of applying the golden rule. If you wouldn't have chosen death for yourself, how could you choose it for somebody else?

Last edited by Eeeee22895; 04-30-2009 at 09:11 AM..

Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 AM

439 posts, read 617,315 times
you murder or belive in murdering the unborn you will burn in hell one day end of story.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:48 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,987,581 times
The Golden Rules says do unto "others" and you would have "others" do unto you.

A early stage fetus has no nervous system, no feelings, no thoughts.

One could argue that makes them not a full human yet. So it is not a human or an "other" yet.

And BTW I do apply the Golden Rule here...I'm not trying to tell you how to live you life and mandate what you do in making family decisions.....Wish you would do the same.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 AM

36,575 posts, read 30,900,697 times
Quote:
I've already proven in an earlier thread (inexplicably merged with another) why an embryo is scientifically a living human being beyond the shadow of a doubt.
So when can I read your study in the medical and scientific journals. I must have missed this great scientific breakthrough in the news.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
WHO THE HELL IS ANYONE TO MAKE THE DECISION TO KILL A FETUS BEFORE IT IS BORN?

An equally simple answer, the woman whose body carries said fetus.

Anything else I can help you with?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
you murder or belive in murdering the unborn you will burn in hell one day end of story.
Rhetoric like this leads to wingnuts going out on killing sprees. Right wingers have killed at least 4 times in the last year. That's murder for real. Politically motivated murder.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,141,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I've already proven in an earlier thread (inexplicably merged with another) why an embryo is scientifically a living human being beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Now let's apply a simple golden rule test to abortion.

I'm sure we all agree that the person most affected by an action should be the one making decisions pertaining to it.

In the case of abortion, that would be the child. OK, since a fetus cannot decide for itself whether it should live or die at the hands of an abortion doctor, the only fair thing to do is pose a simple question to 1000 random individuals:

"Are you glad you are born, or do you wish you had been aborted?"

Obvioulsy in a random sample, the prohibitive majority would say "I'm glad I was born. I am happy to be alive." Probably 980 to 990 out of 1000 would say that. (This allows for the 1.3% suicide rate). So, since the average person is overwhelmingly likely to be glad he was born, WHO THE HELL IS ANYONE TO MAKE THE DECISION TO KILL A FETUS BEFORE IT IS BORN?

It's a simple matter of applying the golden rule. If you wouldn't have chosen death for yourself, how could you choose it for somebody else?
Common answers from a pro-choicer:

To hell with what my mom and dad decided, I am my own person. I don't believe in God...my moral compass is determined by laws. Everything revolves around ME ME ME. It's my body, to hell with morals. I don't answer to a God, so why should I answer to a man? I'm not killing anyone because it can't carry on a conversation with me. Who needs birth control, when I can have an abortion? Condoms don't feel as good anyway. If I want to have sex with as many people as possible, why shouldn't I? It's just a baby, DUH! Personal responsibility is overrated. Why should I think about my actions first, when I can get instant gratification and deal it with later? Why would I bring another person into this world when I can't even take responsibility for my own actions? I can't afford a baby!

.....the answers are endless. Let the flaming begin, I don't care.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Common answers from a pro-choicer:

To hell with what my mom and dad decided, I am my own person. I don't believe in God. My moral compass is determined by laws. Everything revolves around ME ME ME. It's my body, to hell with morals. I don't answer to a God, so why should I answer to a man? I'm not killing anyone because it can't carry on a conversation with me. Who needs birth control, when I can have an abortion? Condoms don't feel as good anyway. If I want to have sex with as many people as possible, why shouldn't I? It's just a baby, DUH! Personal responsibility is overrated. Why should I think about my actions first, when I can get instant gratification and deal it with later? Why would I bring another person into this world when I can't even take responsibility for my own actions? I can't afford a baby!

You're not that far off the mark. I am an adult now. I have my own free will. I don't believe in your fairy tales about your God. Yes I don't care for religious based morals but I do have ethics. One being the Golden Rule. I do love Condoms though. When you hear about unwanted pregnacies that's mostly you poor, backwater, so called "Christians" not self professed agnostics and liberals.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:05 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Apparently the poster is of the belief that unwanted pregnancies are only the result of one-night stands with multiple partners by single promiscuous women.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:05 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,533,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So when can I read your study in the medical and scientific journals. I must have missed this great scientific breakthrough in the news.
It's a case of simple logic.

A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same as an adult human being except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period. A human embryo WILL develop into an adult human being barring premature death. Period. Ironclad.

This statement is so simple and so irrefutable. It eliminates all the arbitrary BS the left tries to apply to somehow imply an embryo or fetus is "not yet human". It is of the human species at the moment of conception. It has all the chromosomes an adult has. Developmental stage is the only difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.