Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What stands out here to me is this: "As a woman who is pro choice, I want other women (and men) to be able to sit down and discuss ALL facets of raising a child. Then, make a decision with their doctor, family, friends, pastor, priest, whoever that is well thought out and right for that particular couple/person."

Why is this conversation not taking place BEFORE you engage in the act of making a child? Why does that not make sense to pro-abortion types? This mentality is simply astonishing to me.
We thought that wouldn't need to be spelled for you.

Of course you make plans before deciding to have kids. As you know Liberals are better at doing this than backward god fearing Red Staters as the data shows.

We are talking about the cases where mistakes are made, bad choices made, etc.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:40 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
What stands out here to me is this: "As a woman who is pro choice, I want other women (and men) to be able to sit down and discuss ALL facets of raising a child. Then, make a decision with their doctor, family, friends, pastor, priest, whoever that is well thought out and right for that particular couple/person."

Why is this conversation not taking place BEFORE you engage in the act of making a child? Why does that not make sense to pro-abortion types? This mentality is simply astonishing to me.

And me and my longtime fiance/boyfriend HAVE talked about this. We have decided what we're going to do and that's nobodies business but our own. Maybe most people (the couples I know have had this conversation many times) ARE talking about it, but don't feel the need to tell everyone about their decisions.

I think the biggest problem is education. Abstinence only doesn't work, that's been proven time and time again. Girls (because face it, most guys aren't involved) need to know that they can talk, and ask questions. Do you remember health class? That's where most of my classmates got their first sex talk because their parents were too damn afraid. Most people were embarassed, red faced and too afraid to ask any questions. Even if they were confused or needed something explained again they wouldn't ask. Then, those same kids are going out, having sex and wondering how on earth they got pregnant.

I think education is key. Parents need to man up and quit being embarassed to have the sex talk. Educators need to have a comprehensive sex ed class with minimal students of the same sex (it's much easier to ask a question when surrounded by your own gender).

Old 04-30-2009, 09:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
I don't disagree with you. However, it is the liberal agenda that is inarguably pro-abortion. You call it pro-choice, but it's really pro-abortion, lets be honest here.
It's pro-women, let's be honest. It's a matter of respecting a woman's privacy and of trusting her judgment. It's a matter of observing that other people don't necessarily share your religion or your values or your opinions, and that you don't have the right to impose those values on other people.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:41 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
I don't disagree with you. However, it is the liberal agenda that is inarguably pro-abortion. You call it pro-choice, but it's really pro-abortion, lets be honest here.
I am honest. And it is pro choice. Thank you very much. See post #28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This again?? My best friend had an abortion and she's a married woman who is monogamous. Her birth control failed. She did everything right and still got pregnant.

Maybe instead of forcing everyone to conform to your beliefs you should work on the ones who are already believers... namely the young women in the bible belt who are constantly getting pregnant because nobody TEACHES them birth control. 5 of the 13 graduates of my friends school (North County CHRISTIAN school) were pregnant or already had children by the time they were 18....

Please, just stay out of my body, it's not yours to legislate. Until that fetus can survive outside of my body, it IS a parasite and it IS part of MY body.
VERY VERY VERY TRUE. EXCELLENT POST!

My body, my choice. Just because some religious people or non religious people think does not mean I have to give birth to a child I don't want. It is a parasite.

Quote:

Some people do. But Birth control fails. I am sure you know that. Lets be honest now.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
We thought that wouldn't need to be spelled for you.

Of course you make plans before deciding to have kids. As you know Liberals are better at doing this than backward god fearing Red Staters as the data shows.

We are talking about the cases where mistakes are made, bad choices made, etc.
Understood. But your reasoning still points out that there is no accountability. These "bad choices...mistakes" you mention come with consequences. Simply put, there is no accountability or personal responsibility within the liberal pro-abortion agenda.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes your argument is absurd. One thing cannot be "exactly the same" just because it has the ability to grow into something else. Stage of develop has everything in the World to do about it.

Acorns are not trees.
Then by your argument a four-year-old is not a person because it is not fully developed. You are assigning arbitrary unscientific markers to constitute "personhood". Who the hell are you to do that?

Saying "an acorn is not a tree" is the same as saying a baby is not an adult. Duhh??

Old 04-30-2009, 09:43 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Why is this conversation not taking place BEFORE you engage in the act of making a child?
It does but not everytime we have sex. When my bf and I started dating we discussed sex and birth control, etc. I told him if by some twist of fate I were to become pregnant I would be on the table at the abortion clinic so fast it would make his head swim, but that he would never know because I wouldnt bother to even tell him. He said " that sounds like a plan to me".

Old 04-30-2009, 09:46 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Understood. But your reasoning still points out that there is no accountability. These "bad choices...mistakes" you mention come with consequences. Simply put, there is no accountability or personal responsibility within the liberal abortion agenda.
Please. Liberal abortion agenda? Same could be said about your "agenda".

It is as simple as this. If you are prolife, DONT HAVE AN ABORTION.

Simple as that. Abortion is someone elses personal matter. I am sure you would not like people getting all up in your business so stay out of other peoples business.

Simple, eh? Veryyyyy simple.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:49 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,362 times
And me and my longtime fiance/boyfriend HAVE talked about this. We have decided what we're going to do and that's nobodies business but our own.

Let's say you had a child and it was now a year old. Would it still be nobody's else's business if you strangled it to death? The inconsistency in the pro-abortion argument is astonishing.

Abstinence only doesn't work, that's been proven time and time again.

Abstinence always works, except of course unless you don't abstain. But then it isn't abstinence anymore, is it?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
And me and my longtime fiance/boyfriend HAVE talked about this. We have decided what we're going to do and that's nobodies business but our own.

Let's say you had a child and it was now a year old. Would it still be nobody's else's business if you strangled it to death? The inconsistency in the pro-abortion argument is astonishing.

Abstinence only doesn't work, that's been proven time and time again.

Abstinence always works, except of course unless you don't abstain. But then it isn't abstinence anymore, is it?

You like twisting words, don't you? I believe it was Abstinence only EDUCATION doesn't work. That's what the entire paragraph was about.

Also, if the child can survive on it's own without needing to be attached to another life to survive, then it's fine. I don't advocate killing children. A fetus is not a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies