Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
"Developed organs" "Developed nervous system"--both of these things fall under 'stage of development'. Reread my definition. It eliminates all specious arguments like yours.
Yes your argument is absurd. One thing cannot be "exactly the same" just because it has the ability to grow into something else. Stage of develop has everything in the World to do about it.

Acorns are not trees.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
This again?? My best friend had an abortion and she's a married woman who is monogamous. Her birth control failed. She did everything right and still got pregnant.

Maybe instead of forcing everyone to conform to your beliefs you should work on the ones who are already believers... namely the young women in the bible belt who are constantly getting pregnant because nobody TEACHES them birth control. 5 of the 13 graduates of my friends school (North County CHRISTIAN school) were pregnant or already had children by the time they were 18....

Please, just stay out of my body, it's not yours to legislate. Until that fetus can survive outside of my body, it IS a parasite and it IS part of MY body.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
"Exactly the same" is not a scientific term. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish using lay terms to describe a fetus.

Does your the two cell "embroyo" have a blue print to grow into a full size adult? Of course.

Is it "exactly the same" as a human? No. It does not have developed organs and most importantly no developed nervous system which would enable it to feel pain/pleasure or have thoughts.

Hence it can be aborted at that point.
LUNGS! It lacks the lungs capable of sustaining it once the umbilical cord is cut. That is the rational behind Roe v. Wade.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:26 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,146,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Oh please.

Like Republicans have NEVER had an abortion.
I don't disagree with you. However, it is the liberal agenda that is inarguably pro-abortion. You call it pro-choice, but it's really pro-abortion, lets be honest here.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Yes your argument is absurd. One thing cannot be "exactly the same" just because it has the ability to grow into something else. Stage of develop has everything in the World to do about it.

Acorns are not trees.
Babies aren't acorns.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It saddens me that liberals will take something as important as human life and pro-creation and turn it into a biological technicality that validates their personal actions. It's sickening the lack of accountability that permeates that reasoning.

Cry me a river WATB. Your "bio technicality" is most others fact of the matter. Fetus's have no sense of anyting and have no thoughts.

Aborting it does not cause it pain.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Cry me a river WATB. Your "bio technicality" is most others fact of the matter. Fetus's have no sense of anyting and have no thoughts.

Aborting it does not cause it pain.

Case in point!

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't disagree with you. However, it is the liberal agenda that is inarguably pro-abortion. You call it pro-choice, but it's really pro-abortion, lets be honest here.
Liberals aren't forcing women to have abortions, THAT would be pro-abortion. As a woman who is pro choice, I want other women (and men) to be able to sit down and discuss ALL facets of raising a child. Then, make a decision with their doctor, family, friends, pastor, priest, whoever that is well thought out and right for that particular couple/person.

Apparently though, that's wrong and the pro life crowd won't rest until every part of my being is controlled by some sort of law.

Oh, and as a pro choice woman I wouldn't have an abortion, I would keep it. But I'm glad others have that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This again?? My best friend had an abortion and she's a married woman who is monogamous. Her birth control failed. She did everything right and still got pregnant.

Maybe instead of forcing everyone to conform to your beliefs you should work on the ones who are already believers... namely the young women in the bible belt who are constantly getting pregnant because nobody TEACHES them birth control. 5 of the 13 graduates of my friends school (North County CHRISTIAN school) were pregnant or already had children by the time they were 18....

Please, just stay out of my body, it's not yours to legislate. Until that fetus can survive outside of my body, it IS a parasite and it IS part of MY body.
Yes these Bible thumpers don't want us to know the highest teenage pregnacy rates come from their backward rural Red States.

On the other hand those amoral Liberals in the North East have the lowest rates..

Yet they still try and push their dogma on us!

Old 04-30-2009, 09:34 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,146,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Liberals aren't forcing women to have abortions, THAT would be pro-abortion. As a woman who is pro choice, I want other women (and men) to be able to sit down and discuss ALL facets of raising a child. Then, make a decision with their doctor, family, friends, pastor, priest, whoever that is well thought out and right for that particular couple/person.

Apparently though, that's wrong and the pro life crowd won't rest until every part of my being is controlled by some sort of law.

Oh, and as a pro choice woman I wouldn't have an abortion, I would keep it. But I'm glad others have that option.
What stands out here to me is this: "As a woman who is pro choice, I want other women (and men) to be able to sit down and discuss ALL facets of raising a child. Then, make a decision with their doctor, family, friends, pastor, priest, whoever that is well thought out and right for that particular couple/person."

Why is this conversation not taking place BEFORE you engage in the act of making a child? Why does that not make sense to pro-abortion types? This mentality is simply astonishing to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies