Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 03:28 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,893,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Funny, many of the "rich" that I know are quite open to paying more taxes and continuing with their donations to charity.

And this country doesn't have a flat tax, so guess what it is traditional practice to determine what the cutoff point for "rich" is.

Most people at a food bank wouldn't recognize the accoutrement that you identify as "flaunting your wealth." It's a simple matter of branding. You think that people who depend upon a food bank are typically heading over to Barneys after they pick up their food? What you fail to recognize is that issues of taste and the richness of that taste is recognizable, in most things, only to other rich. It is the rich that judge the rich in matters of appropriateness and taste. Consequently, your outrage is simply for yourself and the customs of the rich that feel the need to monitor such things; it has nothing to do with those in need.

It doesn't matter that the poor in the food bank don't recognize brands! That's absurd. I still wouldn't wear a hand made pair of Esquivels to the food bank. Even among the rich, maybe 1% even would recognize or know who Esquivel is. Brand recognition! Crazy.

This is about common decency and morals. It's about proper upbringing. It's about BELIEVING AND DOING WHAT YOU SAY......

Meeeechellle and her big mouth went all over the national media claiming to be a common girl. Common girls do not wear $540 sneakers to the food bank. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 03:28 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,480,404 times
here is the problem the liberal MSM stations, programs, online articles all attacked Palin and Cindy McCain for the same thing now Michelle gets a pass. Either attack all for it or none but being selective causes problems.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:33 PM

27,220 posts, read 46,850,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
The Obamas they're just down to earth not like those gaudy rich greedy selfish republicans ....

First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!
They are so ugly thatven $ 10.- would be too expensive for to buy these ugly sneakers.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,244,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
here is the problem the liberal MSM stations, programs, online articles all attacked Palin and Cindy McCain for the same thing now Michelle gets a pass. Either attack all for it or none but being selective causes problems.
where has this been in the MSM?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Another problem. It HASN'T hit the main stream media, yet every penny spent on clothing by other women during the campaign was regularly announced.

Looks like the tart Meeechelle still is getting a pass. This REALLY has turned into an "affirmative action" presidency.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:40 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,244,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Another problem. It HASN'T hit the main stream media, yet every penny spent on clothing by other women during the campaign was regularly announced.

Looks like the tart Meeechelle still is getting a pass. This REALLY has turned into an "affirmative action" presidency.
That was during a campaign where anything and everything the candidates or their families did was scrutinized. The McCain campaign spent RNC money on expensive clothing for Palin. Michelle bought her own shoes with her own money (I assume). I don't see how the 2 can be compared. I also don't remember the MSM picking apart Cindy McCain's wardrobe or how much she spent. I saw it on CD forum, but let's not confuse that with any kind of main stream anything!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:52 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,480,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Exactly my point.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:59 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,623,972 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter that the poor in the food bank don't recognize brands! That's absurd. I still wouldn't wear a hand made pair of Esquivels to the food bank. Even among the rich, maybe 1% even would recognize or know who Esquivel is. Brand recognition! Crazy.
You just don't get it, do you. The people who need a food bank don't care about your gentry values. If you have to point out to the people who need the charity that they are being insulted because of a volunteer's choice of foot wear or watch, then the insult is completely manufactured. The insult affects only you and your elitist values.

Quote:
This is about common decency and morals. It's about proper upbringing. It's about BELIEVING AND DOING WHAT YOU SAY......
You really want to go down this slippery slope? Then why do you own a Tag Hauer watch? If you had the money, why don't you just wear the Timex and give the difference between the two to charity? If you believe in helping the poor, that would have been a good way to help.

Personally, I say buy what you want. But unless you have taken a vow of poverty, which you obviously haven't, you are in no position to judge others.

Quote:
Meeeechellle and her big mouth went all over the national media claiming to be a common girl. Common girls do not wear $540 sneakers to the food bank. Period.
Are you suggesting that it is not common practice for people who are running for president and their spouses to speak of their biographies? How strange. Personally, I like to know about their experiences pre-election.

And obviously common "girls" who make money in their adulthood do were $540 sneakers to the food bank. And that's what kills you.

Why do you insist on arguing that because she and her husband have made decent money in their adulthood that this negates her experiences growing up, which was middle class and common. It doesn't.

Just admit that you hate the Obamas and that this is really what this pettiness is about.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You just don't get it, do you. The people who need a food bank don't care about your gentry values. If you have to point out to the people who need the charity that they are being insulted because of a volunteer's choice of foot wear or watch, then the insult is completely manufactured. The insult affects only you and your elitist values.

You really want to go down this slippery slope? Then why do you own a Tag Hauer watch? If you had the money, why don't you just wear the Timex and give the difference between the two to charity? If you believe in helping the poor, that would have been a good way to help.

Personally, I say buy what you want. But unless you have taken a vow of poverty, which you obviously haven't, you are in no position to judge others.

Are you suggesting that it is not common practice for people who are running for president and their spouses to speak of their biographies? How strange. Personally, I like to know about their experiences pre-election.

And obviously common "girls" who make money in their adulthood do were $540 sneakers to the food bank. And that's what kills you.

Why do you insist on arguing that because she and her husband have made decent money in their adulthood that this negates her experiences growing up, which was middle class and common. It doesn't.

Just admit that you hate the Obamas and that this is really what this pettiness is about.
Well this isn't about me, and I think the moderators have pretty clear rules that in the threads we are suppose to discuss the subjects and not the posters. Kapiche?

I can question, argue and call out the inconsistenies, lies and shams of Barry the wanabe president and his wife all I want. Freedom of speech. There is no hate for the Obama's as humans, there is great disdain for their lies, inconsistencies, shams, and lack of true moral values.

No, the poor in the food kitchens won't know if the shoes are Lanvin, Prada, Jimmy Choo, Gucci or Valentino, but I would hope we have a first lady that would have modesty, class and proper upbringing to not wear these things to a soup kitchen. Instead we have a first lady who grew up in the hood and knows nothing but self serving, arrogant, pop culture.....a tart. Brittany Spears might as well be first lady.....Meeechelle is the same level of trash. Truely sad this country has become 3rd world.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:29 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,270,348 times
Quote:

Let me know when CNN or CNBC mention it, you'll have a long wait.

I'm still waiting for them to acknowledge her $300+K job was eliminated when she left Chicago, probably won't hear about that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies