Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom99 View Post
"1......EVERYONE in america can and receive treatment for this flu regardless as their ability to pay.

2......I've been to Mexico numerous times for several months, and yes, you can not go to the hospital without having the ability to pay up front,"

Who do you think is paying for their treatment? According to you they are stealing someone's property to pay this treatment. Health care is not a right according to conservative republicans. Therefore, everyone should only get the treatment they can afford to pay for.

However, in the U.S. anyone, including illegal immigrants, can walk into an emergency room without paying. Do you think these people are going to pay their hospital bills? This is the reason healthcare is so expensive.

And another thing, if this epidemic had begun in the U.S. and patient zero did not have health insurance, what do you think he would have done? He would not be going to the emergency room for something that looked like the flu, meanwhile he'd be spreading it to other people before he gets very sick and an ambulance has to take him to the emergency room. Meanwhile, you brilliant conservatives are going to pay for the hundreds of thousands of dollars doctors will waste on him trying to save his life in his final days and you've created early on the conditions for the disease to spread rapidly.

Mexico's system is smarter than ours, at least they don't waste any money.
People go to the hospital for stupid things because by law, the hospital HAS to take care of the individual. They dont go to doctors, where the cost would be 1/10th the cost because they need to either have medical coverage or they have to pay in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 08:59 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
that's the way it is, and that's the way it will always be. no matter what legislation they try to rush through. it will be a cold day in hell when a member of congress has to wait in line behind an illegal alien.

Quote:
"1......EVERYONE in america can and receive treatment for this flu regardless as their ability to pay.

2......I've been to Mexico numerous times for several months, and yes, you can not go to the hospital without having the ability to pay up front,"

Who do you think is paying for their treatment? According to you they are stealing someone's property to pay this treatment. Health care is not a right according to conservative republicans. Therefore, everyone should only get the treatment they can afford to pay for.

However, in the U.S. anyone, including illegal immigrants, can walk into an emergency room without paying. Do you think these people are going to pay their hospital bills? This is the reason healthcare is so expensive.

And another thing, if this epidemic had begun in the U.S. and patient zero did not have health insurance, what do you think he would have done? He would not be going to the emergency room for something that looked like the flu, meanwhile he'd be spreading it to other people before he gets very sick and an ambulance has to take him to the emergency room. Meanwhile, you brilliant conservatives are going to pay for the hundreds of thousands of dollars doctors will waste on him trying to save his life in his final days and you've created early on the conditions for the disease to spread rapidly.

Mexico's system is smarter than ours, at least they don't waste any money.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
that's the way it is, and that's the way it will always be. no matter what legislation they try to rush through. it will be a cold day in hell when a member of congress has to wait in line behind an illegal alien.
Right, I wonder when it becamse the blame of "conservative Republicans", who in one sentence get accused of wanting the poor people to due, and in the next sentence gets blamed for passing legislation to help those very same poor individuals out by requiring care..

A very good argument might be made that liberal Democrats are the ones who would pass legislation requiring care, and they ultimately would be the ones to blame when the costs skyrocket..

Would be interesting to research who passed the laws requiring care at hospitals because that would be the legislation that began to spiral healthcare costs out of hand.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:07 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
this is why liberals crack me up. they don't understand that there is no such thing as "universal" health care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Right, I wonder when it becamse the blame of "conservative Republicans", who in one sentence get accused of wanting the poor people to due, and in the next sentence gets blamed for passing legislation to help those very same poor individuals out by requiring care..

A very good argument might be made that liberal Democrats are the ones who would pass legislation requiring care, and they ultimately would be the ones to blame when the costs skyrocket..

Would be interesting to research who passed the laws requiring care at hospitals because that would be the legislation that began to spiral healthcare costs out of hand.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:07 AM

71 posts, read 184,580 times
Quote:

No, that is not the way it is. Its only the way it is in the banna republic.

And, no that is not how it works in the rest of the world, it is only the way it works in your imagination.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Healthcare rationing will be the system of the future. It is amazing that Obama feels he must recreate the system that has worked fine for me and my family for 52+ years. I do agree that there needs to be some type of government assistance for people between jobs, young people that no longer qualify to be on their parents but don't have an employer offered program, etc.. Some of that already exists but it is not what is needed. Why can't Obama leave what is working alone, my healthcare, and fix what really needs fixing? Because it is not about doing the right thing but rather bigger, more intrusive government. It is about control over the populous.
Health care is rationed in this country already. The health care system of 50+ years ago is not the health care system of today. Some good changes have been made. If your insurance terminates b/c of a job change (or a change to no job), you get a certificate that you had coverage, to avoid the pre-existing condition problem. Medicare was created, so retired people have insurance. Problems remain. You mentioned some. Also, insurance is still tied to employment, so every time you change jobs, you change insurance. Your may have to change doctors, b/c your present doctor doesn't accept your new ins.

As far as going to an ER and getting care, that is partially true. But the ER will bill you, and try to collect the money. They will threaten to ruin your credit rating. This happened to us, and it turned out it was the hospital's mistake, not ours.

Back to the swine flu, I don't know what the public health plan is for getting people immunized, if and when the vaccine becomes available.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 AM

you're right. magic johnson has had HIV for 20 years because of his killer smile, not his money.

Quote:
No, that is not the way it is. Its only the way it is in the banna republic.

And, no that is not how it works in the rest of the world, it is only the way it works in your imagination.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 AM

71 posts, read 184,580 times
Quote:
you're right. magic johnson has had HIV for
20 years because of his killer smile, not his money.
I'm not sure how Magic Johnson has anything to do with this, but I'll humor you anyway.

You do not know what you are talking about. Many people survive for decades with HIV without medication. Also, many POOR children were born with it today and are still allive and doing well. HIV is not the death sentence for everyone that you think it is. Its a very complex (that's a concept neocons have a hard time with) disease.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:31 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144
How many times have Conservative Republicans Neo-Cons said that the reason health care is so expensive is people go to the doctor with a hang nail?

Never heard that as the cause.

Here I googled it for you.
high health insurance go to doctor with hangnail - Google Search

How many times have you heard Conservatives Republicans Neo-Cons say that health care is not a right?

Show me where someone has the right to take someone's property and give it to others by force.

Who took your property? When was your property taken? What force did they use?

The question is do you have the right to not have Typhoid Mary hacking up a lung next to you?

I've never heard of a right not to get sick.

Really you never heard of people getting quarantined, so others don't get sick.

This seems to be what happened in Mexico when half the population have no access to health Insurance.

Because they have a corrupt gubmint. If the people in Mexico had the opportunities we have, they would not come here.

That was the point of my post, They have the system that Conservative Republican Neo-Cons want here.

They didn't go to the doctor until they had passed there disease on to hundreds of others.
Remember Mexicans have no right to health care and they can't afford to go to the doctor with a hang nail.
Now we have what Mexico has.

So you're saying the Mexican flu is in the states because why?

The Republican flu is in the states because they did not catch in time in Mexico.

Seems like the Conservative Republican Neo-Cons have designed the Mexican health care system. Why are we letting them design ours.

No one is denied healthcare in this country but the left doesn't want to stop there.

What are you claiming that they are allowed to steal health service at an ER?

We will have free healthcare for everyone who enters this country so you don't have to whine about your right to take someone's property. However, you will also have to live with someone as smart as Barney Frank deciding your treatment based on your worth to society. I hope you can live with that, or maybe I should say, I hope your kids can live with that. The liberal left believes that our capacity is infinite, it is not. That may be why so many people have spent more than they earn, or why cities and states have reached the end of their capacity and are broke.

Only Conservative Republican Neo-Cons goofballs talk of free health care.
Everyone else talks about repairing a broken system.

It's nice to want to give everyone everything, especially when its someone else’s property.
You have no clue what your talking about so you just copy the sick wing radio talking points.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 AM

no, I actually know exactly what I am talking about. I am talking about the fact that people with money, have access to the best health care. always has been, always will be. like I said before, obama's kids aren't going to be waiting in any lines.

Quote:
I'm not sure how Magic Johnson has anything to do with this, but I'll humor you anyway.

You do not know what you are talking about. Many people survive for decades with HIV without medication. Also, many POOR children were born with it today and are still allive and doing well. HIV is not the death sentence for everyone that you think it is. Its a very complex (that's a concept neocons have a hard time with) disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies