Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 01:25 PM

355 posts, read 447,542 times

Advertisements

I do not support homosexual marriages because the Bible speaks against homosexuality as a behavior and a lifestyle.

Therefore it would be purely un-Christian of anybody to believe that homosexual marriages should be legal when the Bible clearly defines homosexuality as an abomination. Making it legal is a slap in the face to all devout Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 01:29 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,679,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
I do not support homosexual marriages because the Bible speaks against homosexuality as a behavior and a lifestyle.

Therefore it would be purely un-Christian of anybody to believe that homosexual marriages should be legal when the Bible clearly defines homosexuality as an abomination. Making it legal is a slap in the face to all devout Christians.
And why should laws be based on your religion? Keep it in the church, don't legislate the lives of others based on your belief in that fantasy man in the sky.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,679,185 times
Quote:
I have read and heard many people of the liberal persuasion decry marriage as a burden, a prison, an outdated institution, and a purely religious ceremony that should not be controlled by the states.

Why then do liberals want homosexuals to be married? It completely contradicts their viewpoints on marriage in general.
None of the liberals I know are like that... you're generalizing the fringe big time.

I'm a flaming liberal and have been happily married for years, as have the majority of my liberal friends.

The high divorce rate in the red states does not really support your argument either.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Look if one of my sons decided to go down that path I would be extremely shocked, but would not hate him and obviously he would know the consequenses of that choice before even going there!
The major medical and psychological associations clearly say that sexual orientation is not a choice.

From: APA Help Center - Health & Emotional Wellness - "Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality"

Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?
No, human beings cannot choose to be either gay or straight. For most people, sexual orientation emerges in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times
Quote:
I have read and heard many people of the liberal persuasion decry marriage as a burden, a prison, an outdated institution, and a purely religious ceremony that should not be controlled by the states.
And many conservatives on this board have said they think marriage is a sham, or that the government shouldn't be involved with it at all.

Open your eyes and you'll see that the world isn't black and white.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:34 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,958,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I would but,high heels kill my feet!
I've never worn high heels lol, the fact that you have says more about you than it does me. I'll take your word that you do a masterful Cher impersonation though. What kind of make up do you use?

You never did specify what the consequences would be if your child were to be gay. However, they are well aware of your threats if you say they would know there would be consquences... it begs the question, do you even really know them. If they know the consequences of this thing, they know the consequences of many other things.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM

MLK once said this and I think it applies here:

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."

Old 05-06-2009, 02:44 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,052,600 times
Quote:
It's kind of hard for the bible to do that, when in the original language, homosexuality was never mentioned.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:13 PM

355 posts, read 447,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
And why should laws be based on your religion? Keep it in the church, don't legislate the lives of others based on your belief in that fantasy man in the sky.
Nice attitude.

Fantasy man in the sky? I call on you to tell Him that face to face when it is your time. I will pray for your soul to be saved.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Nice attitude.

Fantasy man in the sky? I call on you to tell Him that face to face when it is your time. I will pray for your soul to be saved.
You're more worried about it than he is, I'm sure of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies