Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
What would you do if your child's teacher was gay? Pull them out of class?
Not, necesarrilly, It would depend, how would we know he is a homosexual? My son is in a private school he just found out that his health teach will not be back next year, it is speculated that it is because, in part, he was talking a whole lota pro homosexual nonsense. In this case it was remedied as it should be. If the school would not have acted I would have stepped in at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Seriously, what would the consequences be if your child was gay? You said they would know the consequences...
Cmon, by the time a kid reaches that age they have a pretty good idea where dad and mom stand on things, obviously if my son decided to go that direction he would be doing so with blatant disregard to everything that he grew up with.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Not, necesarrilly, It would depend, how would we know he is a homosexual? My son is in a private school he just found out that his health teach will not be back next year, it is speculated that it is because, in part, he was talking a whole lota pro homosexual nonsense. In this case it was remedied as it should be. If the school would not have acted I would have stepped in at some point.
pro-homosexual nonsense?
define that...
if you were ready to step in, what did the man say exactly? or are you not entirely sure what he said, you just know you were ready to step in?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Cmon, by the time a kid reaches that age they have a pretty good idea where dad and mom stand on things, obviously if my son decided to go that direction he would be doing so with blatant disregard to everything that he grew up with.
well lets hope you don't ever have to learn a valuable lesson... Many times closed minded ideological people begin to learn hard lessons in life through the lives of their kids..
Don't like black people.. guess who your daughter is coming home with from the prom?
Don't like gay people, guess what.. you have a gay son!

I grew up mormon, my parents are very conservative, and I grew up hearing awful things about gays... yet I knew I was gay, and eventually I found strength to say, you know what.. I didn't choose this, I'm gay, I'm me, nothing has changed about me other than your knowledge on my sexuality.
My parents went down a long road of learning...
On second thought.. I think such a road is in order for you!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I am a public school teacher, and I'm gay... is that a problem for you? does the fact that I'm gay mean I'm teaching your kids that there's nothing wrong with being gay? while I don't discuss sexuality politics or religion in my classroom, most if not all parents know I'm gay, as do my students..
and you may be thinking "in idaho???" yes..
I probably wouldnt have an issue with you as a teacher then, at least for high school, elementary may be another story, how does everyone know you are a homosexual?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
pro-homosexual nonsense?
define that...
if you were ready to step in, what did the man say exactly? or are you not entirely sure what he said, you just know you were ready to step in?
Basically discussing homosexual marriage from the proponents point of view. By stepping in, I mean, I would have went to him and said, keep you're liberal bullsh*t to yourself and teach what we are paying you to teach ,Health! Then I would have gone to principle , president, board of directors. Fortunately others beat me to it.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
On second thought.. I think such a road is in order for you!
Of course you do!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I probably wouldnt have an issue with you as a teacher then, at least for high school, elementary may be another story, how does everyone know you are a homosexual?
because I don't hide who i am. I have a partner of 5 years, and as I addressed in another thread, I ask my students on monday mornings what they did over the weekend, and they in turn ask me.. and usually it invovles something my partner and I did.

So I would be off limits for teaching elementary school? you would worry about me being a pedophile is that what you're implying? or you wouldn't "trust me" around your kids..
come out and say it...

I think it's attitudes like yours that keep good male teachers from going into the profession. They are frightened of being labeled a creep or a pedophile for wanting to teach young kids.. There are men out there that are VERY good with kids and love kids..and sadly, they don't feel comfortable going into the profession anymore Thats just talking about the straight ones..

Its so disgusting and bigoted.. lets not kid ourselves.. who's been in the news most as of late in being inappropriate with children? Straight female teachers...

your thinking is shocking.. and what is even more shocking is that there's a lot of loud mouth parents that share your views and the only people suffering are your kids because you want to make schools a political/religious ideological battlefield.
I'm glad you don't live in my state, and I'm glad you send your kid to private school, while I disagree with you.. I respect the fact that you're not imposing such antics on the public system, because I for one would not put up with it for one minute.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:52 AM

355 posts, read 447,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Pretty much my view too. The Republicans cannot really pick on the blacks anymore because the blacks will raise hell so they use their time to pick on the Mexicans and gays.
Mexicans and homosexuals are not being picked on; however, their behavior is being scrutinized, and it is completely warranted.

Look at the facts.

Much of the illegal immigrant problem is the result of Mexicans fleeing their country and living in the United States milking off the system. They migrate here without going through the legal means because they are too lazy to do so. They have babies in this country that they cannot afford and they are instantly declared legal citizens. As a result they are a burden to American taxpayers. Now we have the swine flu outbreak thanks to Mexico!

Homosexuality contributes to immorality, STDs, and often early death. Homosexuals have spread HIV to the heterosexual population by way of transmission through people that are bisexual. Study after study has shown that such promiscuous lifestyles bring on more problems than happy, healthy monogomous marriages.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Basically discussing homosexual marriage from the proponents point of view. By stepping in, I mean, I would have went to him and said, keep you're liberal bullsh*t to yourself and teach what we are paying you to teach ,Health! Then I would have gone to principle , president, board of directors. Fortunately others beat me to it.
well it depends, high school students are able to formulate opinions on issues. Lots of times issues are brought up in the classroom out of curiousity.
I don't believe that any public policy issue should be off-limits.. we are in an educational setting, I don't agree with the teacher promoting an opinion, but sharing their opinion and allowing other students to share theirs without attacking each other or mis-treating each other is part of the learning process. In the public schools we actually have gay students, and diversity clubs that encompass LGBT students. So... I guess it is a matter of how it was handled, and structured and in what context... obviously a health class that talks about sexual reproduction is going to lead to all sorts of weird questions.. but if you're an algebra or economics teacher like I am.. I don't see how it would be something relevant...so in that case I would agree.. make sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies