Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,986,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Right because if you owned a company and your tax guy said you could save 10 million a year in taxes LEGALLY. You would say no.
That ideology was legal based on the Bush Presidency!

Now it's time to change it, because more business owners are worry about their kids instead of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 06:35 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,021,783 times
You're correct, compJockey. We own a small business as well, and the competition from India has had
a negative effect on us. President Obama has proposed tax cuts for small businesses, and one would think that increased taxes would force large corporations to keep their jobs here. It seems like any
patriotic American would be proud to put fellow Americans to work and assist their country in a time of
great need. Too many people took Wall Street literally, when Gecko said, "Greed is good!"

Old 05-05-2009, 06:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They ought to be taxed like all hell. You wanna leave the USA, fine! But whatever you sell back here will be taxed like hell!
Haha, you'd be the first one to complain about the cost of living tripling on the "poor"..

Old 05-05-2009, 06:37 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,436,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
These corporations that send American job's over sea's but still get tax breaks.

Confederates tell me what the problem is?

I know people that lost their homes.

I know people that lost their jobs.

These corporation should pay just like the rest of us!!!
This is the liberal spin on this.

Most of us don't want to see corporations going overseas!! They're going overseas because we're taxing the hell out of them here and that's the only way they can afford to keep their doors open.

If it were affordable to run a business in this country without the government thinking they needed to take half of what you made, nobody would go overseas.

See how that works? I know it's a difficult concept for you libs, but if it were attractive to run a business here, people wouldn't leave.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times
Quote:
That ideology was legal based on the Bush Presidency!

Now it's time to change it, because more business owners are worry about their kids instead of yours.
That ideology started WAYYY before Bush..

Old 05-05-2009, 06:42 PM

Default Are you rich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
This is the liberal spin on this.

Most of us don't want to see corporations going overseas!! They're going overseas because we're taxing the hell out of them here and that's the only way they can afford to keep their doors open.

If it were affordable to run a business in this country without the government thinking they needed to take half of what you made, nobody would go overseas.

See how that works? I know it's a difficult concept for you libs, but if it were attractive to run a business here, people wouldn't leave.
I'm not rich. I will tell you that a thousand times!

I hope you are. If you are rich you will probably find another loop hole to not to pay taxes.

I learn that from reading " Rich Dad, Poor Dad!" It's a good book!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:52 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,867,122 times
Its a shame that an average citizen electrician, plumber, or farmer will pay more in taxes than some of these huge corporations moving their headquarters overseas. The funny thing is, some of those same corporations are first in line to suck on the government teat when its time for big defense contracts.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,008,422 times
Quote:
These corporations that send American job's over sea's but still get tax breaks.

Confederates tell me what the problem is?

I know people that lost their homes.

I know people that lost their jobs.

These corporation should pay just like the rest of us!!!

Obama's focus on this issue is the result of a promise made early-on in the nominating process to the party elites. In essence, it is a two-fold "winner" for him:

A. It makes him look like he's looking out for the little guy; 83% of publically traded US Corps now have subsidaries overseas designed solely for hiding profits from taxes.

And this Reagan-era ploy has worked to the rich's advantage:
Corporations pay their lowest share of the Fed Tax burden since stats on this were first kept in the 1930's. Many, like Proctor & Gamble, pay less taxes (dollar-wise, not %) than does a family earning the US average of $43, 000 (2007 figures. It has declined by $2,000.00 since 2000).

Republicans, and some of the more owned Corporate Dems, have already begun the lies, (dutifully repeated by corporate media owned by the very corporations which are hiding the money at present), but the public wants this, and the chances of passage in some form is pretty high. So, it is a clear winner in that way.

B. It takes the pressure off Obama (from Progressives, who control the largest Caucus in Congress) on the real issue that's killing the country:
Laissez-faire Capitalism, falsely called "free trade."

So, Dr. Obama will probably sucessfully complete the minor surgery proposed here, yet the patient, our United States, will further decline, and ultimately die, as the true problem will not be addressed.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,997,691 times
US companies pay some of the highest business taxes in the world.

You want them to pay more - then be prepared to pay more yourself.

They will pass it right on down to the consumer.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:29 PM

Default I disagree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

Obama's focus on this issue is the result of a promise made early-on in the nominating process to the party elites. In essence, it is a two-fold "winner" for him:

A. It makes him look like he's looking out for the little guy; 83% of publically traded US Corps now have subsidaries overseas designed solely for hiding profits from taxes.

And this Reagan-era ploy has worked to the rich's advantage:
Corporations pay their lowest share of the Fed Tax burden since stats on this were first kept in the 1930's. Many, like Proctor & Gamble, pay less taxes (dollar-wise, not %) than does a family earning the US average of $43, 000 (2007 figures. It has declined by $2,000.00 since 2000).

Republicans, and some of the more owned Corporate Dems, have already begun the lies, (dutifully repeated by corporate media owned by the very corporations which are hiding the money at present), but the public wants this, and the chances of passage in some form is pretty high. So, it is a clear winner in that way.

B. It takes the pressure off Obama (from Progressives, who control the largest Caucus in Congress) on the real issue that's killing the country:
Laissez-faire Capitalism, falsely called "free trade."

So, Dr. Obama will probably sucessfully complete the minor surgery proposed here, yet the patient, our United States, will further decline, and ultimately die, as the true problem will not be addressed.

My problem is the Right cannot stand up and show me why this is a wrong idea.

You know that politics is like Poker!

The republicans have pocket 9's and the Left have a full House.

That actually happened in Washington, DC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies