Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times

Advertisements

Hedge Fund Leader Blasts Obama for "Bullying" and "Abuse of Power": Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 11:02 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Knowing that Hedge Fund leaders don't like what Obama is doing makes me think he must be doing something right.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:05 AM

157 posts, read 180,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Knowing that Hedge Fund leaders don't like what Obama is doing makes me think he must be doing something right.
Before you think Obama is right about this, I would suggest you understand exactly what's going on. You might be a little scared.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:12 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyK View Post
Before you think Obama is right about this, I would suggest you understand exactly what's going on. You might be a little scared.
Please give me a major freakin break. Absence of sufficient and proper Federal regulations on Wall Street "risk taking" (aka greed) is the reason that this economy has been brought this low this time around. Wall Street was able to get what they wanted for decades, and look what they did with their power and influence. That guy Asness needs to shut his pie hole.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Please give me a major freakin break. Absence of sufficient and proper Federal regulations on Wall Street "risk taking" (aka greed) is the reason that this economy has been brought this low this time around. Wall Street was able to get what they wanted for decades, and look what they did with their power and influence. That guy Asness needs to shut his pie hole.
KrissyK is right ParkTwain. You should first try to understand what it means to be a secured creditor (investor), who invested money on the contractual promise they would get paid in full before unsecured creditors got a single penny, before you open your "pie hole." This isn't about Wall Street regulation, this is about investors being screwed out of good-faith money that they put forward to keep the company afloat. Your *******ness is shining through and through.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
KrissyK is right ParkTwain. You should first try to understand what it means to be a secured creditor (investor), who invested money on the contractual promise they would get paid in full before unsecured creditors got a single penny, before you open your "pie hole." This isn't about Wall Street regulation, this is about investors being screwed out of good-faith money that they put forward to keep the company afloat. Your *******ness is shining through and through.

You tell me that no bond investor understands that there is such as a factor known as "political risk"? Please. These are not normal times when it comes to regulation of the securities biz.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:24 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Amen to that.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:07 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
IMO it is horrible and scary what Obama is doing...He wants to control everything and is sounding more creepy everyday...Most people are just jealous of succesful hedge fund managers who made a lot of money and wished they could have done it them self....how will they react whan a hedge fund is losing money....on top of that there is a lot of stress being a hedge fund manager and just to be clear...I'm not related to any hedge fund manager or have any money in a hedge fund, but i know what Obama is doing is destroying Capitalism and free markets...the man wants to run the one man show called Obama or Oprompter!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:13 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
IMO it is horrible and scary what Obama is doing...He wants to control everything and is sounding more creepy everyday...Most people are just jealous of succesful hedge fund managers who made a lot of money and wished they could have done it them self....how will they react whan a hedge fund is losing money....on top of that there is a lot of stress being a hedge fund manager and just to be clear...I'm not related to any hedge fund manager or have any money in a hedge fund, but i know what Obama is doing is destroying Capitalism and free markets...the man wants to run the one man show called Obama or Oprompter!
Without any checks and balances is what led this country in the mess we are seeing today... Greed is the enemy here, corporate and wall street greed!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:02 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post

Yes. This was discussed quite a bit back when it happened. Their basic excuse was "We had a contract". That's exactly what BOA/Merrill Lynch said when they handed out those big bonuses right after they got bailout money. Remember the Union people's response? It was "We had a contract too". But they were willing to negotiate, as were the Banks. The government might as well stay home if all the participants won't bargain in good faith.

People have lost their life savings, their jobs, and their homes. And these guys say their customers have to make what the contract says. They are luckier than they deserve if they make any. They like to say their investors are retirement plans and so forth. Oh yeah, they've done a great job for those people already, haven't they? Mine is less than half what it was a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies