Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:16 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,588,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No more Republicans ? One party rule ? So it really is becoming an "Obama-nation".
Why not just declare him King for life ?
Of course the term 'extinction' does not literally mean complete extinction - like the dinosaurs...

It does apply if you think of the party being 'extinct' on the national scene - THAT is a very real possibility - and is probably not far off - maybe 5-10 years...

I think what is most likely is that true fiscal conservatives will break away from the GOP and form their own party, along with socially moderate conservatives - which will struggle to begin with - but will eventually grow larger than the GOP... and it will probably be more open and attract moderates and centrists from the 'Independent' pool.

At that point I think there will be 4 major parties:

Democrats
Republicans
Neo GOP (fiscal conservatives and social moderates)
Libertarian (will attract a fair share from the GOP)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Purify your party, Republicans. Purge it of the non-believers.
Sort of like the Rush Limbaugh scorched-earth, take no prisoners position???

Go for it!!! I hope the GOP seriously goes down this path (to oblivion)...

Old 05-08-2009, 08:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Of course the term 'extinction' does not literally mean complete extinction - like the dinosaurs...

It does apply if you think of the party being 'extinct' on the national scene - THAT is a very real possibility - and is probably not far off - maybe 5-10 years..
Keep dreaming.. Republicans will come back, more conservative, pissing liberals off even more, but after Obama, the nation will be ready for a fiscal conservative.
Quote:
I think what is most likely is that true fiscal conservatives will break away from the GOP and form their own party, along with socially moderate conservatives - which will struggle to begin with - but will eventually grow larger than the GOP... and it will probably be more open and attract moderates and centrists from the 'Independent' pool.

Democrats
Republicans
You do understand that our system is only setup for 2 major parties, not 4 right?

If you havent noticed, many Democrats are also looking for financial accountability, so while Libertarians might pick up support in theory, more than likely they will simply stay a Democrat but vote for that fiscially responsible Republican..

Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Obama didn't kill the GOP. The GOP committed suicide. By rationalizing the preachings of Rush, Coulter, Bachman and the like, you're asking for exclusion.
Actually, I agree, they are perceived as the party of exclusion...

And also perceived as the Party of NO...

NO bipartisan cooperation - on ANYTHING...

No Blacks...

No Hispanics...

No Young voters...

No compromise on abortion, tax cuts for the rich...

No new ideas (just failed old ones)..

Guess they'll have to dig-up Reagan and parade his carcus around to even appeal to their shrinking base...

Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,883,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Keep dreaming.. Republicans will come back, more conservative, pissing liberals off even more, but after Obama, the nation will be ready for a fiscal conservative.

You do understand that our system is only setup for 2 major parties, not 4 right?

If you havent noticed, many Democrats are also looking for financial accountability, so while Libertarians might pick up support in theory, more than likely they will simply stay a Democrat but vote for that fiscially responsible Republican..
Republicans= fiscally conservative, now that is funny!

I am a lefty/crazy liberal....SOCIALLY! But I am all for fiscal responsibility/accountability, where does that leave me? Maybe people like me need to start our own damn party! The "stay out of my business/pay your own bills" party...

Old 05-08-2009, 08:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post

I am a lefty/crazy liberal....SOCIALLY! But I am all for fiscal responsibility/accountability, where does that leave me? Maybe people like me need to start our own damn party! The "stay out of my business/pay your own bills" party...
Not what I said, but glad you had a chuckle over reading what you want..

I said they will COME BACK as fiscially conservatives, just like they did during the Clinton administration,

Where does that leave you? Well it depends on if you believe in true fiscally sound policies, or massive social spending more.. they contradict one another in government.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,215,223 times
Quote:

errr,........ libertarian!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 AM

157 posts, read 180,875 times
Quote:

I believe this to be the majority of Americans. I'm all about a party who will promote the "stay out of my business/pay your own damn bills" mantra. Both parties should fear this and I hope they do.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:45 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,627,604 times
Operation Chaos is working, the liberals are totally fooled and will be completely blindsided by the current tactics, just wait.....

Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,627,604 times
Quote:

It does apply if you think of the party being 'extinct' on the national scene - THAT is a very real possibility - and is probably not far off - maybe 5-10 years...

Democrats
Republicans
Interesting...

Umm...what's the difference between the neogop's and republican's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies