Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
2-3 guys took over planes with 100+ people aboard with box cutters, I wouldn't underestimate the deadliness and fear knives bring.

As for nobody talking about banning guns, it is talked about VERY frequently on this forum. My apologies that I jumped to the conclusion that you were referring to banning guns, I just see that kind of thinking very often on here and thought thats what you meant.

I know folks TALK about banning guns... but it ain't happening... why argue with someone about an impossibility? I'm just concerned about what we as a nation (gun owners and gun haters) can do about keeping guns out of the hands of criminal.s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Nobody is talking about banning guns? You should get out more.
The SC ruled, DC violated that ruling immediately & nothing is being done.
The bad guys will always get guns.

How about this, had the attack happened on campus that student would probably have been unarmed, because of rules & laws meant to make him safer. Except that he wouldn't have been safer would he? Matter of fact he might be dead.

Wake up, gun control costs countless lives & saves none.
DC has put in regulations that make it very, very difficult to have a working gun in the city perimeters... remember, the SC ruled that you can't have an outright ban like DC did, but they never touched on regulation... I'm talking about logical regulation... I think what DC is doing means nothing if folks can drive 10 miles and get unlimited access to handguns. For the record, I don't support DC's regulations.

Nonetheless, I still stand by my remark that as much as we applaud the victim who fought back, let's think about why those fools had guns.

As for guns on schools, no, I don't want to be on a campus where anybody could be carrying a gun. Did you go to school? Don't you remember how many drunken fights there were? Do you want every frat house to be loaded with guns? Are you kidding me?

Old 05-10-2009, 08:20 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
I know folks TALK about banning guns... but it ain't happening... why argue with someone about an impossibility? I'm just concerned about what we as a nation (gun owners and gun haters) can do about keeping guns out of the hands of criminal.s
I don't think its impossible, although I do feel it won't happen soon. I would like to keep it as far from reality as possible because there are way too many people IMO that support the idea, even though they are definitely in the minority. Again, I want to keep it that way.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 PM

9 posts, read 9,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when we realize that rapists robbers and murderers should be shot and on the spot and cease to lament when it happens. when we stop acting surprised that the ones that shot em are not in jail or sued, then it will get better.
Eye for an eye? Isn't that what were fighting against in Afghanistan?

Oh yeah, I forgot that us Americans have no idea who we are or whats right anymore. Thanks to the Soviets for our mid life crises...

Old 05-10-2009, 08:34 PM

To all of you who claim all the worlds ills are solved by students and kids carrying guns, consider the evidence is in a crisis situation the gun is meaningless. It's the training of the person holding the gun that matters. Last I checked colleges and high schools don't teach special operations and tactics to kids, though some of you are so off your rocker you'll suggest they do..

Old 05-10-2009, 09:09 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
epicata;8748506]Eye for an eye? Isn't that what were fighting against in Afghanistan
What does that have to do with the OP?

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot that us Americans have no idea who we are or whats right anymore. Thanks to the Soviets for our mid life crises
What does that have to do with victims of violent crimes defending themselves and becoming non-victims.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
What does that have to do with the OP?

What does that have to do with victims of violent crimes defending themselves and becoming non-victims.
Do you think the Student feels good about killing this person, even though it was deserved?

Do you think this occurrence will stop the robbery in LA going on right now?

This country is going to get the Government it deserves and I hope to God to be long gone from it or able to go.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:35 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
epicata;8749737]Do you think the Student feels good about killing this person, even though it was deserved?
Good? I don't know. Relieved that it was the other guy and not him? Probably.

Quote:
Do you think this occurrence will stop the robbery in LA going on right now?
Nope.

Quote:
This country is going to get the Government it deserves and I hope to God to be long gone from it or able to go.
Or, stay away from internet political forums if they make you that intense. It's really not worth it.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:39 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
See below articles THIS WEEK(just a few). This is why gun control proponents don't need to respond. Of course we're happy the possession of a gun worked in this instance but far more often than not they kill innocent people. I don't need to cherrypick one article hear and there as the OP does. I just open up the paper, any paper daily and WHAM!!!

Authorities: Body of UGA professor identified - CNN.com
Could have just as easily stabbed his victims

Same here.

Failed war on drugs? Bueller?

Knife deal works equally well here too.

...and here.

Quote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30650051/
HOUSTON - A 7-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the head by a couple who thought he and three other people were trespassing on their property died Saturday, authorities said
These people will be tried and likely convicted and they will never legally own a gun again (although that won't stop them). Problem solved.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:23 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
You guys are so insane... always in search of an enemy... everybody is glad that this jerk got what was coming to him and that the students are safe. I think what folks want to prevent is criminals like those two who got their hands on guns and were able to stick up the apartment... the two concepts are not mutually exclusive.
Great. The only real problem I see is these masked criminals seem to place a low priority on obeying laws. I expect gun laws would be of little concern to them. We could keep the student from having a gun though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies