Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:49 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,979,777 times

Advertisements

Bush scared me, but I still entertained the notion that maybe actions that make me cringe on the surface would ultimately serve my best interest. My best interest was that of the entire middle class, and we got shunned. So... I don't really hear any good arguments against Obama on that note. Bush was such a disaster, that anything that gives a little more credit to middle class citizens is fine with me. If you really look at his policies instead of listening to media assessments, Obama's actually all too in tune with conservatism and the establishment that Bush helped advance. He's just giving the middle class and science a bit more of an ear than it could've ever gotten from Bush.

Frankly, in the end, I think most conservatives will be pleased with his temperance of the American liberal movement. Only the fanatics will be disappointed, and I'm glad Bush disappointed them, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 01:13 AM

455 posts, read 1,018,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.
I'll bite. A lot of that open letter was purely subjective assessment with A LOT of exaggeration.

First, the alignment with radical extremists who hate America? Are you referring to Rush Limbaugh who hopes to see America fail? Could you please specify exactly how he has aligned himself with radical extremists who hate America for over half of his life? Please use actual facts to back this assertion up over a personal opinion response. Also, I respect that you will not use the ignorant "He was Muslim" retort as meaning he aligned himself with radical extremists. Not all Muslims are radical extremists, but I am sure you are worldly enough to understand that.

Second, the bit about the highest standard of living. This is not true. America is nowhere near the top for highest standard of living in the world. Here are some links:
High Living Standard Countries
STANDARD OF LIVING WORLD STATS, the revealing measurement
Standard of living in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These were the first three links that came up when I googled "highest standard of living world". Didn't have to dig deep for that one. You also may be surprised with the type of governments that are run in those countries that have the highest standard of living.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:27 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,727 times
wow

I'd refute your email OP, but if you believe any of those there's zero point in it.

Pathetic - what did you "know" about any other president that didn't scare you, lol?

Last edited by compJockey; 05-10-2009 at 07:36 AM..

Old 05-10-2009, 07:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Wink Chicken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This letter came to me in an e-mail. It has been around the internet for a while now. However, I couldn't believe how much like my thoughts these are. I would have written these very words if I wanted to write to my President, which I don't. Pay attention to the last line to see how I really do feel and if you think it necessary plagiarize the e-mail and assign the words to me as they ARE exactly what I think.

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama, You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support..

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

If you don't want to believe that any of these words are so very true maybe you could offer some words of refutation.

Roy -

You really scare easily. One shouldn't live his life in fear. Bush and Cheney are now officially gone. And even though Cheney is still trying his best to frighten you, it only works if you let it.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,681 times
the kind of government that controls every aspect of your life. the kind of government that kills innovation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
I'll bite. A lot of that open letter was purely subjective assessment with A LOT of exaggeration.

First, the alignment with radical extremists who hate America? Are you referring to Rush Limbaugh who hopes to see America fail? Could you please specify exactly how he has aligned himself with radical extremists who hate America for over half of his life? Please use actual facts to back this assertion up over a personal opinion response. Also, I respect that you will not use the ignorant "He was Muslim" retort as meaning he aligned himself with radical extremists. Not all Muslims are radical extremists, but I am sure you are worldly enough to understand that.

Second, the bit about the highest standard of living. This is not true. America is nowhere near the top for highest standard of living in the world. Here are some links:
High Living Standard Countries
STANDARD OF LIVING WORLD STATS, the revealing measurement
Standard of living in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These were the first three links that came up when I googled "highest standard of living world". Didn't have to dig deep for that one. You also may be surprised with the type of governments that are run in those countries that have the highest standard of living.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:36 AM

1,515 posts, read 3,333,648 times
I don't think you are a troll, in fact, I enjoyed your post.

Typical Lib "responses" here. Instead of a refutation, they attack the messenger.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post

Typical Lib "responses" here. Instead of a refutation, they attack the messenger.

Some folks are atrracted to a message of fear.

Others see though it and refuse to be frightened.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:44 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Some folks are atrracted to a message of fear.

Others see though it and refuse to be frightened.
liberals certainly know a thing or two about fear don't they?

YouTube - Not Alex

YouTube - MoveOn.org ad against McCain: "Bomb Iran" song

Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:

I for one, did not attack the messenger.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:

All that crap has been refuted...over and over again ...

Just because someone wants to rehash the rehash doesn't mean it hasn't been proven wrong.

....once more proving that the more ignorant a person is the more scared they are.....

OP, try knowledge...it will allay all your many many many fears!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies