Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 12:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You're just jealous because you can't compete in a beauty pageant like women can.
Are you insinuating that I'm NOT a woman? Sorely mistaken. Plus, I'm too tall to be in pageants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I can guarantee you, more individuals have printed out photos of Prejean than you, being a liberal, you should appreciate that, after all, majority rules, they flocked to Obama.. now you should be bending over and praising Prejean for her beauty...
That's because I don't feel the need to plaster the internet with pictures of myself like some people... I don't make a living looking 'pretty', although I was in 2 calendars and in a few magazines a couple years back... but that was a hobby and nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I have a feeling that you would fail in both departments
Ah, empty insults. Classy

Old 05-12-2009, 12:34 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
According to you, its ok to open up your mouth, express your opinion, and if some individuals dont like it, you deal with the hatred will be expounded upon you..

OR

Shut up..

Thats the ONLY options...
if you want to call disagreeing, hatred, then yes...there is a difference between hatred and countering someone else's opinion in public discourse... when you use fighting words, you get back fighting words its pretty basic human behaviour.. advocating the limiting of a group of people's rights is fighting words to those people..
it's kind of like going around calling someone of color the N-word.. you have a right to express it.. but don't be too surprised if it causes you to lose your job, or getting the biggest tongue lashing of your life from someone you happen to call that name...
Consider yourself lucky you didn't get punched in the face (while that would be wrong, surely you could understand why it would lead to that though)
would you like to sit and insult our intelligence and say that the feelings from that person of color are rooted in hate and intolerance of your right to use the N-word?
opinions are like buttholes, we all have them..
pick and choose your battles, because there are consequences for what comes out of your mouth every day of your life whether you don't think there should be or not...

Old 05-12-2009, 12:36 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,965 times
She's entitled to her own opinion. I don't see why speaking her mind should cause this much controversy, even though I couldn't disagree more (and I don't think her speech was too brilliant but hey, she doesn't earn a living or a crown boasting great oratory). She's beautiful, so there.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So I am assume you would have said the same thing if she was FOR gay marriage, right?

Or would you have done all the bashing?
I couldn't care less. It's her opinion and she's entitled to it. Generally it's the young people under 40 who have the opposite opinion and are for gay marriage.

With her coming from California I expected her to rally behind the gay agenda and for me her answer was a surprise.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:02 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
its sad that some

sleazy
topless
uninformed
hateful
ignorant
hypocrite

represents my state.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
its sad that some

sleazy
topless
uninformed
hateful
ignorant
hypocrite

represents my state.
Well you aren't talking about Carrie obviously because;

She is not sleazy by any means.

She is not topless (you seem prudish - why is that)

She is not uniformed. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact

She definitely is not hateful

She is certainly not ignorant

And last but not least, she is not a hypocrite.

Get over your self righteous indignation - it is meaningless.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:06 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,965 times
Quote:
its sad that some

sleazy
topless
uninformed
hateful
ignorant
hypocrite

represents my state.
Your anger is understandable to some extent but keep in mind that it's just a beauty pageant, so she "represents" California only symbolically and as far as the pageant goes. She actually only represents herself. California, as every other state, has different-minded individuals who have a right to express themselves. Worry not, it won't go down in history. She's not MLK.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:08 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
The difference, you can claim I described conservatives, I showed proof that I described liberals,, this whole thread is about liberal interance..

And you continue to respond.. yeah, thats funny..
I beg to differ. Your posts show that you have an irrational fear of anything liberal. You display signs of intolerance to anything that you believe is liberal. Everything that is wrong in your world, you blame on liberals.

You ignore the fact that Prejeans is a bald faced liar and focus on her same sex statements. I don't care that she got fake boobs, I don't care that she posed nude, I don't care that she doesn't believe in same sex marriage. The issue at hand is that she's a LIAR. Your tacit approval of Prejean's blatant lies is hilarious. Because you're a Conservative, based on your interpretation of what is proof, all Conservatives lie, aprove of and glorify lying.

LOL

Old 05-12-2009, 01:09 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:

represents my state.

I think it's sad that this is what gets people in Cali upset and angry at who represents their state. If you want something to be outraged about, California is the ONLY state in the United States that does NOT offer finical aid to members of the National Guard. That would seem to be a better issue to get worked up on, atleast to me.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:26 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Well you aren't talking about Carrie obviously because;

She is not sleazy by any means.

She is not topless (you seem prudish - why is that)

She is not uniformed. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact

She definitely is not hateful

She is certainly not ignorant

And last but not least, she is not a hypocrite.

Get over your self righteous indignation - it is meaningless.
why do you feel the need to speak for her? how do you know all those things for certain??
I wouldn't accuse her of those things.. but I wouldn't sit and defend them either because you don't know.. you look foolish.. and it's really getting childish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies