Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:31 AM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times

Advertisements

If you watched the O'Reily factor recently, who would you side with on this argument. For the first time, I'm siding with Bill. Insane, may be, I'm a former immigrant myself. But I like to hear your side of your story... Immigration topic or a DUI topic. You're plugged in......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Funny, we already started talking about this, maybe on the Rosie Odonnell thread. . .

I'm with you definately Bill. .

I bet you came in legally!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Funny, we already started talking about this, maybe on the Rosie Odonnell thread. . .

I'm with you definately Bill. .

I bet you came in legally!
I did. Mom had a work visa from the hospital that needed her profession. Plus, I'm done with Rosie. I'm gay and she's getting very annoying!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:02 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
Geraldo held his own against the mouth-whipping that O'Reilly often conducts with his guests. He looked like a dumb fool to me! And Geraldo looked like he was ready for a fist-fight. Two boys in a playground ready for a tumble!

And how many DUI drivers are there who hold a blue passport? Are we going to call all of them immi-grants?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 PM

I think it's more of a cultural thing. Mexico and other Latin American countries really don't enforce DUIs

Old 04-06-2007, 12:54 PM

True, driving in SA, LA and Mexico differs greatly. I do remember feeling in San Francisco in the Mission District thinking I was in another country. And living NM, the crime stats are primarily DUIs--some very serious, and all US citizens (60% of Spanish descent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
I think it's more of a cultural thing. Mexico and other Latin American countries really don't enforce DUIs

Old 04-06-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
True, driving in SA, LA and Mexico differs greatly. I do remember feeling in San Francisco in the Mission District thinking I was in another country. And living NM, the crime stats are primarily DUIs--some very serious, and all US citizens (60% of Spanish descent).
Didn't Gov. Richardson do something about that? And he's running for Pres. I thought that was his big topic during his campaign and didn't follow through.
You see, we concidered ABQ for a place to live, but there was a high incedents of DUIs, maybe the highest percentage in the nation I beleive. I moved away from HNL because of their growing DUI problem.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:02 PM

Richardson works on it; signs everywhere; traffic changes; educational programs; state troopers--but we still have a high DUI figure.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:08 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
It's nice to see O'Reilly on the same side on an issue as me, for once.

Does anyone have statistics on the ratio of hispanics who drive drunk versus other ethnicities? I hear people say that Mexicans like to drive drunk, but I'd like to see statistics to back it up.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:08 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
If you watched the O'Reily factor recently, who would you side with on this argument. For the first time, I'm siding with Bill. Insane, may be, I'm a former immigrant myself. But I like to hear your side of your story... Immigration topic or a DUI topic. You're plugged in......
And I was so hoping that Bill O's head would explode on the spot. But seeing him lose it like that and get punked by the lightweight Geraldo was still priceless

Rivera was right IMO. That's not an immigrant issue- that's a drunk driving issue. There's far more American-born drunk drivers in this country than illegal drunk drivers. But that's not the point- they're all a huge problem-their ethinicity or citizenship status is moot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies