Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:33 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why do people die their hair blue and still get mohawks?

p.s. I dont think the majority of "gays" are persecuted daily, I would think that depends on where they live. In some areas, I would assume that people think its "cool" to be gay..
Most gays live in gay communities and are very happy people. Gays who live in Greenwich Villiage are not persecuted daily.
The poster you responded to has their own issues to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Discrimination is a part of the human condition. People choose to discriminate against others for one reason or another. Class, age, sex, "race", sexual orientation, hair color, eye color, money, religion, are all things that humans choose to discriminate over. That is something that will never change.
Is that a defense for mistreating others? You put the word race in quotes. We have laws protecting people. Do you abide by those laws?

Old 05-13-2009, 12:38 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Most gays live in gay communities and are very happy people. Gays who live in Greenwich Villiage are not persecuted daily.
Most "gays" don't live in "gay communities" they are just like anybody else and live everywhere. Furthermore I was responding to the daily threads here in off topic about homosexuals, nothing in my life. Learn to read.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:41 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
it doesnt rule anything out. it is still possible that there might be a genetic marker for sexuality. or maybe its ear canal size that marks heterosexuality.

this just says that they dont know what it is that makes people be gay, bi straight. genetics havent been ruled out yet. it just hasnt been proven either.

until they can rule anything out concretely i dont think it warrants a thread.

it just seems that some posters (OP) really like to talk about gay stuff. an odd fascination it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, it actually is news, even though I agree with you.. Science is about ruling out items, this study/report, if accurate, rules one thing out..

Old 05-13-2009, 12:41 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,726 times
Quote:
So the gay side can claim that it's a natural and normal behavior and to prove once and for all that they're not mentally ill.

I never thought I was mentally ill...just diffrent

Kidding aside, I never believed in a 'gay' gene some people are born gay, some or not. It's not up to anyone on earth to do anything about it. It just is.

Maybe people are curious as to how this happens to people. Maybe we'll never know.

Now play nice kids!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:49 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Is that a defense for mistreating others? You put the word race in quotes. We have laws protecting people. Do you abide by those laws?
I put "race" in quotes because there's no such thing as a "race". Anthropologically speaking. There's only one race and that's human. The outward expression of physical traits are derived from genes coding for certain superficial traits and not expressions of "race".

As far as abiding by laws which govern mistreating others, I'm not in jail.

So what do you think that means? I'm living within law.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:57 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
you are right! it just is what it is.

like left handed ness.

but it was funny that a particluar poster, who i cant remember at this time, said [in another thread] that he would not want his child to be left handed! he would do his best to make sure he didnt have tht disadvantage.

another member then posted a list of left handed presidents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
I never thought I was mentally ill...just diffrent

Kidding aside, I never believed in a 'gay' gene some people are born gay, some or not. It's not up to anyone on earth to do anything about it. It just is.

Maybe people are curious as to how this happens to people. Maybe we'll never know.

Now play nice kids!

Old 05-13-2009, 01:01 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Yeah must be pretty awesome when you're segregated in a community of your own. Like lepers.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:16 PM

427 posts, read 1,387,840 times
Just because there may not be a "gay" gene, does not mean that people are not born gay. And the study does not rule out that there may be a gay gene, it just has not been scientifically proven.

John Barrowman, an actor did a show on BBC America called the making of me, looking into the reason that he is gay. For him the gay gene was not present, however the most likely reason for him was that he was the third male child born and the hormone levels, while in utero.

They also scanned his brain while showing him pictures, he was completely attracted to men only.

I really know why they would assume that it has to be a gene anyway. Look at breast cancer, people with the hereditary gene are more likely to get breast cancer, however people without the gene can get breast cancer as well.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
So the gay side can claim that it's a natural and normal behavior and to prove once and for all that they're not mentally ill.
It's already been estabished that homosexuals aren't mentally ill. I'm surprised to see we still have people on the planet who don't know that. Here's another news flash, the earth is round.

Looks like NARTH is in bed with WND another anti-gay publication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies