Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:05 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I have a great role for him he can test the noose for W.
you have to be careful with statements like that. First it makes you look evil. Second that is the kind of statement big brother is all over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 PM

37,206 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There's probably enough dirt to put a busload of gov't people away. They'll blab back and forth but we all know it's not going to amount to anything. Both Dems and Repubs are deep into this..both parties have their hands dirty.

Nothing but finger pointing and name calling going on.
So -

Let's get on with the War Crimes trial and let the chips fall where they might.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:18 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
you have to be careful with statements like that. First it makes you look evil. Second that is the kind of statement big brother is all over.
Big Brother my eyeball. It's entirely protected free speech to opine that the ex-Vice President should be lawfully tried and executed.

If we ever applied the standards of the Nuremberg Trials to ourselves, basically every president in the last 80 years or so would've been hooded and blindfolded and dropped through a trap door at the end of a rope.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:42 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
It's really not Obama's Choice right? I mean the ball is in Holders court right? Also, Conyers and Leahy are pushing for commissions e.g. Truth Commission. Obama is in a tough position because of his agenda he wanted to push through congress, health care, energy, education and inheriting a enormous challenge with the economy. I feel that Obama could still move forward pushing his agenda through while the investigation can go forward at the same time via the Attorney General putting forth a Special Prosector such as Fitzgerald out of Chicago.

Obama is in the catbird seat; as a professor of Constitutional Law, he has a clear understanding of how the government is meant to operate. He knows that many Americans and others around the world desire justice for what they perceive to have been illegal and immoral acts. He continues to push forward his agenda with the legislative branch, while leaving Leahy, Conyers and the judicial branch to do the fact-finding. Smart like a fox.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:31 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Yes, I believe Obama and his Administration are playing the GOP. Obama cannot simply dismiss this as the whole world is watching us. We are indeed a Nation of Laws...

Last edited by dukester.2; 05-14-2009 at 09:55 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post

He is just putting into words what many of us are thinking. I personally, on countless threads have stated my wished for Cheney to develop Leprosy as his demise should be slow and agonizing. As for Bush, his come uppance is a long time coming. A sadistic history way back to his childhood and college days. A spoiled, sociopathic, brat that has sent many Americans to there death. I haven't quite decided which disease would suit his crimes. So there!

Old 05-14-2009, 09:42 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Old 05-14-2009, 10:01 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
when i first read the title to this - i saw

cheney's hole deepens.
:d

Old 05-15-2009, 12:54 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He is just putting into words what many of us are thinking. I personally, on countless threads have stated my wished for Cheney to develop Leprosy as his demise should be slow and agonizing. As for Bush, his come uppance is a long time coming. A sadistic history way back to his childhood and college days. A spoiled, sociopathic, brat that has sent many Americans to there death. I haven't quite decided which disease would suit his crimes. So there!
Amen to that! And you can add my name to the long list of folks who would unapologetically wish the most gruesome demise on Mr. C., "Big Brother" notwithstanding. Actually I hope there is such a thing as reincarnation, just so he gets the chance to live thru many, many "interesting" lifetimes.

Then again, maybe that's being too harsh, considering it's also been suggested that Cheney may well be suffering from some form of escalating dementia, possibly due to a stroke or blood clot (he's had four heart attacks that we know of). Michelle Cottle makes a case for this in "Heart of Darkness (What is wrong with Dick Cheney?)":

"In October 2005, longtime Bush-Cheney pal Brent Scowcroft fanned the Dick-has-changed flames when he told The New Yorker, "I consider Cheney a good friend--I've known him for thirty years. But Dick Cheney I don't know anymore."

BTW, it's interesting that "cleanhouse" is not nearly so prissy about violence or "evil" when it comes to issues like waterboarding:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post8696871
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies