Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 10:27 AM

683 posts, read 825,196 times

Advertisements

I hope the author is wrong about some of this....

But as for the HMO Corporate Cartels, shut em down and lock them up in Gitmo!!!

Outlaw the HMOs
One instrumentality of this Nazi policy is the health insurance sector, led by the pharmaceutical companies and the Health Maintenance Organization companies. HMOs, which were started during the Nixon Administration, are the health-care equivalent of an Enron, a vehicle inserting a financial middleman between doctor and patient, for the purposes of jacking up the costs while reducing the quality of health-care delivered. The main role of the HMO sector is to break the control of doctors over health care, and transfer control to corporate cartels.

Obama’s Health Care Fascism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 12:31 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Blind sniper - you got the bastards this time. Good shot.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,862,513 times
Sigh....................

Old 05-21-2009, 08:01 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I hope the author is wrong about some of this....

But as for the HMO Corporate Cartels, shut em down and lock them up in Gitmo!!!

Outlaw the HMOs
One instrumentality of this Nazi policy is the health insurance sector, led by the pharmaceutical companies and the Health Maintenance Organization companies. HMOs, which were started during the Nixon Administration, are the health-care equivalent of an Enron, a vehicle inserting a financial middleman between doctor and patient, for the purposes of jacking up the costs while reducing the quality of health-care delivered. The main role of the HMO sector is to break the control of doctors over health care, and transfer control to corporate cartels.

Obama’s Health Care Fascism

Funny I should see this post today. The other day my husband met a man in the post office that worked with some political action group (can't recall them at the moment) . Now, my husband isn't political at all and was being polite so he took the information that the man gave him and told him that he would tell me, his wife, who IS definatley the political one in our household.

Well.. today I got a phone call from someone within the group talking about just this thing to me on the phone today. Now.. i did pick up their literature after, although what they had in it didn't deal with healthcare in particular, but I don't know. What they had to say in their literature seemed way way out there (something to do with the evil British Queen controlling the world..LOL...)

I told the girl on the phone that i would check out what they talk aobut in reference to the health care reform Obama is talking about passing by July on their website.

Now.. I am definately someone who would like to see health insurance companies wiped off the face of the earth for sure..LOL.. What is really confusing is deciphering what the hell it is other people actually want. On one hand, they argue the evils of the HMO and post what you have post, yet on the other hand they also don't want government controlled healthcare or a Universal Health Care System. Yet , I think we can all admit that people , regardless of income, deserve to be treated for the illnesses an not left to die simply because they can't afford the treatment.. but at the same time, people are throwing their hands up saying that.. but saying I'm not going to pay for it

Those against a UHI seem to favor our current system of health insurance and the "free market" . .. as if they support the entire idea of a middle man standing between you , me and the Doctors.

What the heck do you people want..LOL.I can't figure out. On the one hand "universal" is taboo to all of you, but then now the HMO's are fascist Hitler.

We have tried to get rid of them before to no avail. They are too powerful of a lobby. So now Obama is trying to work out some sort of reform with them so that we can have some improvements.. but then it seems that he is being labeled a fascist.

I know what I would like to see..

But what the hell is it that the rest of you want?

If we are all to be "responsible" for our own healthcare costs, how do you presume someone that doesn't make that kind of money pay for it? If they can't pay for it, then who will? Or do you feel that they then do not deserve to be treated or recieved meds that they can not pay for?

It's like the "not in my backyard" syndrome..

At this point.. I don't know. I have yet to go online and look at the information she told me to look at.. but judging from their first bunch of literature they seem a little out there.. not quite right wing nutjobs.. and I don't think completely left..like way left.. but in some other direction I can't yet figure out..LOL

Old 05-21-2009, 08:10 PM

After reading the article completely.. I realize that it is from the same group that has been soliciting me.

While I can agree with the notion of aboloshing the HMO's.. what I don't buy is the whole Hitler Fascism hooey booey.

I can agree with them in principle in regards to HMO. ..but using fear mongering with the whole Hitler Fascist stuff and comparing our President to that makes it quite mirky.. and makes them sound like .. well nutjobs. THAT could very well repell people from their orginization.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
All of this ignores the fact that the rates paid by HMOs and insurance companies are regulated by the government. You liberals act like they just pay whatever they want and run unregulated, they dont.. The Government dictates what is paid for every single procedure and has for years. (the rate sheets are the percentiles of UCR rates, dictated by ICD-9 codes)..

Fact telling, if the government would get the heck out of it, the costs for those uninsured would go down because the HMO's and insurance companies would be forced to pay their fare share..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Oh and btw, why does the government control the rates? Because they are one of the biggest insurance companies in the nation, they have an incentive to keep the UCR rates low so that the uninsured can pickup the balance..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh and btw, why does the government control the rates? Because they are one of the biggest insurance companies in the nation, they have an incentive to keep the UCR rates low so that the uninsured can pickup the balance..
I don't know about that..

considering that the uninsured AREN'T really picking up the balance..since costs are so astronomical the unsinsured can't afford to pay and leave the bills unpaid either completely or a large portion unpaid....

Old 05-22-2009, 03:59 PM

683 posts, read 825,196 times
I would like to be able to pay my doctor a reasonable rate for his service directly to him, not to some third party (should be illegal) insurance firm.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All of this ignores the fact that the rates paid by HMOs and insurance companies are regulated by the government. You liberals act like they just pay whatever they want and run unregulated, they dont.. The Government dictates what is paid for every single procedure and has for years. (the rate sheets are the percentiles of UCR rates, dictated by ICD-9 codes)..

Fact telling, if the government would get the heck out of it, the costs for those uninsured would go down because the HMO's and insurance companies would be forced to pay their fare share..
Well then someone should tell the government that a tylenol pill does not cost $10 in the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies