Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 04:19 PM

185 posts, read 108,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
No, it doesn't amaze you. Not one bit. You love it because you get to rant and scream about your version of reality, the one that cannot be reasoned with or disputed.

News Flash: Realists do not include the person I just described in their fold. They opt for people who don't occupy the extremes.
And all you do is make blanket accusations without addressing individual points. You namecall without challenging any point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Exactly right. It's easy to see that some posters are not interested in a discussion at all. It's more like: "Here's my opinion and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks because I'm always right."

This forum could be better if there was a requirement to at least begin a topic in an unbiased manner. There's no discussion or debate otherwise. It's just a shouting match.
OK, well you have the floor. So far I haven't seen anything from your resembling a desire for sincere discussion. All you've done is offer generic criticism and ranting. You haven't produced one counterpoint.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:21 PM

305 posts, read 539,373 times
Weegie,

I give you credit for at least trying to start this thread with a cordial tone. But when you use terms like "filthy red-nosed philandering bastard" to describe a former President, you lose all credibility. In addition, your replies to those who question the points discussed in your invitation show a blind obedience to the tired old kind of "conservatives are always right, liberals are always wrong" arguments that is causing more ruin to this society than any liberal ideas you decry.

Your opinions are incredibly one-sided and biased. While I may not have many good things to say about the Bush administration, I'm not going to stoop to the childish name-calling that you've done here. Looking objectively and critically at both sides of an issue is not wishy-washy abandoning of one's principles.

Last edited by JBoughton; 05-18-2009 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: repeating quote

Old 05-18-2009, 04:23 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
1) It was the Democrats running La. who failed to protect their people. The federal gov't is third in the chain.
2) It isn't Bush's job do develop 'alternative fuels'. It's industry's job, and that's only if it can be done at a profit. Your statement is absurd as saying "Bush was selfish because he didn't find the cure for cancer."
3) The bible doesn't mention abortion. Pro-life is just a conclusion intelligent people come to.
1-The federal government is SUPPOSED to kick in with any major catastrophies,they didn't and obviously FEMA was too slow as well.It also took Bush WEEKS before he went there.
2-You're right it isn't Bush's job to develop alternative fuels,they already existed and he did not want them as an alternative to oil because it would cut into his families profits.More solar means less of a demand for oil. More hydro and electric car means less gas and oil needed which again equals less oil profits for the Bush family.Screw the country,as long as my famly is making a boat load of money------SELFISH!!!
3-The bible doesn't mention abortion,but the church preaches that abortion is wrong and that it comes from the almighty.If you ask a christian person they will tell you just that.If you want to play on words I can all day.If you want to point the finger,make sure you point it to the right!!!The democrats are not perfect but when you are the spokesperson for the conservatives,the left sure as hell looks that much better!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 04:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:

The GOP has contributed REAL accomplishments.
I have an entire thread dedicated to the subject and I have yet to read a single contribution after 1918. But you are welcome to list your best examples.

Quote:
We have changed hearts and minds on the barbaric practice of killing tiny human beings so that a majority now calls themselves "pro-life".
Oh, puleeze! Without arguing the veracity of a single poll on the issue, you count left wing Catholics and there are a sh*t load of them that are in the pro-life movement conservatives?

Quote:
Bush has beat back the terrorist threat, preventing another attack, and saving even more lives. Seeing the pattern here? Saving lives?
Yes, and I too have kept America safe over the last 5 years, how can I say that? Well, has there been a terrorist attack??

Quote:
Let's see. 12 years of GOP Congressional rule brought more people out of poverty than ever before and created wealth for a lot of people. Another great accomplishment.
Again, let's take your claim at face value, and what programs did they use to do this? Medicaid, Medicare, Title I, Head Start? Please don't tell my through job creation because that's a load of crap.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:26 PM

[quote=ovcatto;8871016]
Quote:

Crazy statement?

I work as a subcontractor for advertising and public relations in order for my business to work (my happiness) I depend not only on the clients, but people that hire me (contractor), the folks that I hire (assistants), and the folks who supply materials and services. If any one of those components fails nobody gets paid (my unhappiness). Now apparently you are the client, the vendor, the employees and you just create things out of thin air while living on your island economy, but I live in the real world where humans are and will remain dependent upon each other for not only happiness but basic survival.
I just clarified what I meant, and you didn't read it. I said what I meant by dependence was relying on a superior to tell you what to do and when. Sure the total business is dependent upon the supporting network, but as a business owner, I don't have any boss telling me what to do. But that's what liberals seem to think you have to have.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
Weegie,

I give you credit for at least trying to start this thread with a cordial tone. But when you use terms like "filthy red-nosed philandering bastard" to describe a former President, you lose all credibility. In addition, your replies to those who question the points discussed in your invitation show a blind obedience to the tired old "conservatives are always right, liberals are always wrong" kind of thinking that is causing more ruin to this society than any liberal ideas you decry.

Your opinions are incredibly one-sided and biased. I try to understand things from the conservative point of view, and cannot take seriously an argument which repeats ad nauseum "conservatives are always right, liberals are always wrong".
See that's what he is missing.After GWB, most people should be willing to say the conservatives or their representative SCREWED UP. I am a democrat but if I liked the politics of a republican or thought he was better,then i'd vote for them.This is a world that is constantly changing and we must adapt to change.Liberal in laymans terms means willing to change or open to it,whereas conservative means they prefer stability or staying with what they are doing.With technology changing everyday, there is a demand for constant change.So if you don't adapt,you are left behind.How do you think the Atari 2600 would sell against the Nintendo Wii today?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

Again, let's take your claim at face value, and what programs did they use to do this? Medicaid, Medicare, Title I, Head Start? Please don't tell my through job creation because that's a load of crap.
LOL. You liberals can't help yourself. You can't understand how something can be an accomplishment unless it's some big wasteful expensive boondoggle that does more harm than good. This further proves my point that liberals evaluate things on intention instead of results. As a business person, I tend to look at the bottom line.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
Weegie,

I give you credit for at least trying to start this thread with a cordial tone. But when you use terms like "filthy red-nosed philandering bastard" to describe a former President, you lose all credibility. In addition, your replies to those who question the points discussed in your invitation show a blind obedience to the tired old kind of "conservatives are always right, liberals are always wrong" arguments that is causing more ruin to this society than any liberal ideas you decry.

Your opinions are incredibly one-sided and biased. While I may not have many good things to say about the Bush administration, I'm not going to stoop to the childish name-calling that you've done here. Looking objectively and critically at both sides of an issue is not wishy-washy abandoning of one's principles.
Yes I did begin cordially. Others did not respond in kind. Sorry, but it's not in my nature to put up with BS and attacks. I call it like I see it.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:35 PM

[quote=Weegie;8871194]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

I just clarified what I meant, and you didn't read it. I said what I meant by dependence was relying on a superior to tell you what to do and when. Sure the total business is dependent upon the supporting network, but as a business owner, I don't have any boss telling me what to do. But that's what liberals seem to think you have to have.
You do have a boss and so does just about every job on this planet.The company that hires you for your services can fire you at any minute,so indirectly---they are your superior. (THIS IS FOR WEEGIE/THE COMMENTS)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies